PDA

View Full Version : shaving

coach
08-11-2010, 11:50 PM
everytime i shave i get razor burn on my neck....any way to prevent that other than after shave?

Old Tiger
08-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by coach
everytime i shave i get razor burn on my neck....any way to prevent that other than after shave? warm water....a better shaving cream....

shave in the direction the hair is growing...thats what I do when i manscape it prevents the shave bumps

my suggestion grow a beard

coach
08-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
warm water....a better shaving cream....

my suggestion grow a beard

i use hot water and i have tried diff shaving creams and i cant gro a beard bc my job wont allow it

Old Tiger
08-12-2010, 12:11 AM
i use hot water and i have tried diff shaving creams and i cant gro a beard bc my job wont allow it check the revised post above the post above this

Emerson1
08-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Use a 4 or 5 bladed razor.

coach
08-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Use a 4 or 5 bladed razor.

i do that emerson...and casey ill try that maybe thats my prob

DU_stud04
08-12-2010, 12:33 AM
i do that emerson...and casey ill try that maybe thats my prob try nivea's sensitive balm, its great stuff. wash off excess shaving creme with cold water. get a safety razor or an open blade(straight razor).

DDBooger
08-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Just Nair your face :D

DU_stud04
08-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Just Nair your face :D hahaha.
+1

Emerson1
08-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Try one of those lotions or whatever you would call them that you can apply in the shower before.

Diocletian
08-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Try washing your face with Hibiclens after you shave.

It will kill all the Bacteria that are causing the bumps.

I do it all the time and it works for me. I only get bumps if I use a strait razor though....when I'm on a good electric, I never get them.

wimbo_pro
08-12-2010, 06:42 AM
Cripes Coach...toughen up!!

waterboy
08-12-2010, 07:46 AM
I'll tell ya something that has definitely worked for me. I used to get razor burn (bumps) really bad, especially in warm or hot weather. I use Edge for sensitive skin to shave with, a 3 or more bladed razor, and use only cold water to rinse the razor. This did not do the trick, though I still do it. What I started doing, and it fixed my problem, is really simple and inexpensive. I use BAKING SODA and cold water to splash my face after shaving. I haven't had razor burn or bumps since. An amazingly simple cure for me. Mix 3 or 4 TBSP of baking soda with about 1-1/2 pints of water in the sink, stir enough to where the water is a little cloudy, and splash the shaven area several times.

Matthew328
08-12-2010, 08:09 AM
I've heard that about baking soda...lucky for me I dont have sensitive skin when it comes to shaving

Bullaholic
08-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Brazillian wax...including Brazil...:D yikes!

turbostud
08-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Go to one of those girly spa's and get it lazored off.

GreenMonster
08-12-2010, 09:18 AM
If I had the answer for this I wouldn't be 33 and still looking for the same answer. I use Nivea Sensitive Shave Gel and a Mach 4 razor. One thing that really helps for me is just quite simply to shave EVERY day. Seems like when I skip days is when my razor burn is at it's worst. Also, change out your blades monthly. I know that those razor blades are expensive, but it's worth it for your comfort. I've tried several different electric razors as well, but those actually make the razor burn even worse on my neck because they do not cut well on the neck area and I want a smooth shave so I have to over do it on the neck and it just burns me up. Good luck, but it's truly a trial and error thing and even when you do find the right combination for you there will be days that you get chewed up. Sounds like I need to try the baking soda trick. I'm game for anything that helps.

eagleqb_14
08-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Cripes Coach...toughen up!! yeah!!! ahah

waterboy
08-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
If I had the answer for this I wouldn't be 33 and still looking for the same answer. I use Nivea Sensitive Shave Gel and a Mach 4 razor. One thing that really helps for me is just quite simply to shave EVERY day. Seems like when I skip days is when my razor burn is at it's worst. Also, change out your blades monthly. I know that those razor blades are expensive, but it's worth it for your comfort. I've tried several different electric razors as well, but those actually make the razor burn even worse on my neck because they do not cut well on the neck area and I want a smooth shave so I have to over do it on the neck and it just burns me up. Good luck, but it's truly a trial and error thing and even when you do find the right combination for you there will be days that you get chewed up. Sounds like I need to try the baking soda trick. I'm game for anything that helps.
I used to have the same problem. Baking soda did the trick for me. I think it took a few tries, but it definitely got rid of it for me. Yippee........no more razor burn!

DDBooger
08-12-2010, 10:36 AM
I think baking soda is good for everything lol

BILLYFRED0000
08-12-2010, 10:36 AM
User fusion blades 5 bladed. Do not use hot water. Use less pressure and let the blades do the work. I use edge when I use shaving cream. I have a tough beard but I usually shave in the shower using warm water. Keeps you skin moist.
And shave with the grain.

wimbo_pro
08-12-2010, 10:39 AM
The hardest part for me to shave is the knee!

waterboy
08-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I think baking soda is good for everything lol
Yep, you'd be surprised. I read about it in a home remedy book, tried it, and lo and behold, no more razor burn. Baking soda is one of the most frequently mentioned items in the book for some reason...:thinking:

DDBooger
08-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yep, you'd be surprised. I read about it in a home remedy book, tried it, and lo and behold, no more razor burn. Baking soda is one of the most frequently mentioned items in the book for some reason...:thinking: People that make their own cleaning products used a lot of this. The stuff you throw on carpet is made from this, just scented.

SintonFan
08-12-2010, 10:55 AM
everytime i shave i get razor burn on my neck....any way to prevent that other than after shave?

I'm glad to hear you finally stared shaving.
Only took like 20 something years, huh?
You'll start to grow hair in other areas now.:D

Maroon87
08-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Use shave gel...Edge or Gillette. For after shave use the Gillette after shave gel. I used to have the same problem and using that stuff really helped.

garciap77
08-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

LOL

coach
08-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

ewww thats gross

garciap77
08-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Young, smart college kid!!!!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Fire-Shaving.jpg

;)

ccmom
08-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Use regular stick deodorant....apply it heavily on the area to be shaved....use a good razor and have a little brush or toothbrush handy to clean the razor because the deodorant will "cake" between the blades. It will give you a very close, smooth shave....free from bumps.

eagleqb_14
08-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Young, smart college kid!!!!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Fire-Shaving.jpg

;) :clap:

Trashman
08-12-2010, 11:30 PM

Had the same problem, solved it by switching from shaving cream to moisturizing body soap and shaving in the shower. I also shave with a Fusion razor.:D