Old Cardinal
08-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Score on Huffman vs Giddings?

Matthew328
08-11-2010, 03:23 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old Cardinal
08-11-2010, 05:31 PM
MATT: With so few folks on this site anymore; I felt it OK to try to reach folks with assorted/wider interest........is that OK with you?

ZZZZZZZ to me mean "boring", was their some other message here, that I don't recognize? LOL

Matthew328
08-11-2010, 07:08 PM
OC, what I am saying is Volleyball is boring...personally I'd rather watch grass grow...and I think the reason you haven't gotten a response is that no one (or a very very small minority of folks) actually cares about volleyball.

Also keep in mind statewide activities that are newsworthy are typically posted on the AP wire (ie HS Football). The unfortunate thing for the few volleyball fans statewide is the AP doesn't deem volleyball scores worthy of running on the wire therefore you won't find statewide volleyball scores.

My suggestion would be to utilize a search engine and search for scores in local newspapers. I think you'd have much better luck than posting here and dealing w/the likes of me.

mwynn05
08-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Keene girls beat Boyd 2-1 and im kinda with Matt.... its pretty boring part of it is because i dont really understand the interworkings and strategy of the game and i dont like the ridiculous cheers and sox and crap; however i do like to support our kids so I try to stay and watch some games since im usually already at the school...

hookandladder
08-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
OC, what I am saying is Volleyball is boring...personally I'd rather watch grass grow...and I think the reason you haven't gotten a response is that no one (or a very very small minority of folks) actually cares about volleyball.

Also keep in mind statewide activities that are newsworthy are typically posted on the AP wire (ie HS Football). The unfortunate thing for the few volleyball fans statewide is the AP doesn't deem volleyball scores worthy of running on the wire therefore you won't find statewide volleyball scores.

My suggestion would be to utilize a search engine and search for scores in local newspapers. I think you'd have much better luck than posting here and dealing w/the likes of me.

Matt, I value your opinion because of your knowledge in the high school football circle however I think you are dead wrong about Volleyball. If you think it is boring it may be because you are watching some bad teams play and that you are not very knowledge in the sport, do not take it personal it is just your opinion. There are a lot of football coaches out there that share your opinion and not just in volleyball, the feeling is the same in most all other sports other then football. The coaches that support all sports are the real coaches in my eyes, just my opinion.

Also La Grange beat 4A Hays last Tuesday in volleyball without their 2 best players.

Matthew328
08-12-2010, 08:04 AM
hook, my main point was to advise OC that coming here for volleyball scores is probably not going to be his best bet....He's gotten a grand total of 2 scores...the whole zzzzzzz thing is more of a bit for me....but I do think volleyball is incredibly boring...of course I do understand coaches supporting the team etc...

MUSTANG69
08-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Aransas Pass beat Kingsville 3-0
Aransas Pass beat Annapolis Academy 3-0

Phil C
08-12-2010, 10:08 AM
I like volleyball. I don't follow as close this time of year because teams are playing tournaments and schedules are erratic and changes are made. For example we are supposed to play in a three way dual this coming Monday with Cuero and Freer according to the schedule but the paper says it is now Skidmore-Tynan. Everything isn't certain. I prefer to wait till after tournaments and duals are played where everything follows order.

Phil C
08-12-2010, 10:12 AM
By the way in a dual meet at Port Lavava Sinton won both matches beating Industrial 3 - 0 and Port Lavaca 3 - 1.

My alma mater Freer isn't doing as well as expected. One reason is that All-State junior setter Avery Aker transferred to Poth in June.

hookandladder
08-12-2010, 12:33 PM
hook, my main point was to advise OC that coming here for volleyball scores is probably not going to be his best bet....He's gotten a grand total of 2 scores...the whole zzzzzzz thing is more of a bit for me....but I do think volleyball is incredibly boring...of course I do understand coaches supporting the team etc...

Just to note this is a 3A sports forum, not the old coach where football coaches bash other sports. You will notice after football is over this board will support other sports,basketball,baseball and track to name a few.

Matthew328
08-12-2010, 03:11 PM
hook I think I have a good handle on the makings of the board...remember I was one of the ones who founded the board in its current state....and volleyball has NEVER gotten much run here.....as Ron Washington would say "That's just the way 3A DownLow Go"

I love other sports, I never played a down of HS Football, I played hoop in college..

hookandladder
08-12-2010, 03:34 PM
hook I think I have a good handle on the makings of the board...remember I was one of the ones who founded the board in its current state....and volleyball has NEVER gotten much run here.....as Ron Washington would say "That's just the way 3A DownLow Go"

I love other sports, I never played a down of HS Football, I played hoop in college..

I agree in your neck of the woods that volleyball does not get much pub however in our area you are wrong, as the volleyball season nears playoff time you will see more and more threads about volleyball. Just the way it is around our area, your area is just more hardcore football fans. I think in our area we have more well rounded fans, just my 2 cents.

LeeCoMom
08-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Score on Huffman vs Giddings?

Giddings over Huffman:
25-20, 25-19, 23-25, 25-20

Old Cardinal
08-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks LeeCoMom:

I don't see where a few scores on any 3A sport is a threat to King Football.
If folks of all sports would registered and utilize this good 3A site, it would make 3ADL and even better site.

Have a daughter or two that love Softball, Cross Country, Basketball or even Volleyball and it will change your whole perspective.