PDA

View Full Version : Abilene people

Ranger Mom
08-11-2010, 08:52 AM
I will be traveling through Abilene tomorrow around lunchtime with my 2 grandkids.

Are there any fast food places off the interstate that have the indoor play areas in them that you know of??

I have a feeling we are going to have to make several stops before Dallas to expend some energy!!

Thanks!!!!

Gsquared
08-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I will be traveling through Abilene tomorrow around lunchtime with my 2 grandkids.

Are there any fast food places off the interstate that have the indoor play areas in them that you know of??

I have a feeling we are going to have to make several stops before Dallas to expend some energy!!

Thanks!!!!
Rangermom, I have extensive experience with children and I think I can help you here. Now, first off, you have to be very careful and make sure you provide a safe play environment, therefore you cannot use my idea if its really hot outside. You should pull over and let them out for about 30 mins and let them play on the shoulder of the road. I always feel I-20 provides a great area to play tag and red rover. Anyway, I reiterate, do not do this if it is to hot outside. You must be aware of the dangers that exist with the heat in dealing with precious little ones.

LionKing
08-11-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm not Abilene people, but I know there's a few fast food places right off of I-20 where the Albany Hwy (351) crosses IH 20.

Ranger Mom
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Rangermom, I have extensive experience with children and I think I can help you here. Now, first off, you have to be very careful and make sure you provide a safe play environment, therefore you cannot use my idea if its really hot outside. You should pull over and let them out for about 30 mins and let them play on the shoulder of the road. I always feel I-20 provides a great area to play tag and red rover. Anyway, I reiterate, do not do this if it is to hot outside. You must be aware of the dangers that exist with the heat in dealing with precious little ones.

Well I read somewhere that this is the hottest summer on record.....so I guess that idea is out!! Also...red rover is hard to play with just 2 kids...they never seem to be able to stop each other!!

I guess that would also put a crimp in the wonderful idea I had to take them to the Abilene Zoo!!!:thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
I'm not Abilene people, but I know there's a few fast food places right off of I-20 where the Albany Hwy (351) crosses IH 20.

I am looking for one with a play area. I seem to remember there being one in Clyde....and I have no clue where that memory is coming from. It has been a while since I had to actively look for a McDonald's or Burger King with playground equipment.

Gsquared
08-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I am looking for one with a play area. I seem to remember there being one in Clyde....and I have no clue where that memory is coming from. It has been a while since I had to actively look for a McDonald's or Burger King with playground equipment.
When I go thru Abilene I like to stop off and play in the parking lot of Jaguars :D

LionKing
08-11-2010, 09:13 AM
I remember there's a remodeled Dairy Queen at this exit, can't remember if it has the indoor playground or not, they've really built that area at this exit, A Cracker Barrel, Super Wal-Mart, Lowe's, I beliveve a Wendy's etc...

Matthew328
08-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Dont think there's a DQ w/an indoor play area....but there is a Taco Casa at that exit!!! YUM!!!!!

I say run into Wal-Mart and let em expend some energy in there...not much off I-20 in Abilene...its all off the highway

Ranger Mom
08-11-2010, 09:55 AM
I think I have talked myself into just grabbing something to eat and then taking them to the zoo.

pero chato
08-11-2010, 10:00 AM
There's a Cracker Barrel and a Jack in the Box on the north side of I-20, but not a whole lot more. It's been growing out there since the new Walmart and Lowe's were built, but to get to a place with an indoor playground you need to cruise down 277 south

Matthew328
08-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Good Lord it'll be hot...have fun!

Ranger Mom
08-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Good Lord it'll be hot...have fun!

The kids are 2 and 3....the heat doesn't bother them.......and I remember there being quite a bit of shade at that park.

I called the zoo and I can take our lunch there and have a picnic.....eat and then run around at a hot zoo, they are liable to sleep all the way to Dallas!!!:clap: :clap:

ccmom
08-11-2010, 12:34 PM
The kids are 2 and 3....the heat doesn't bother them.......and I remember there being quite a bit of shade at that park.

I called the zoo and I can take our lunch there and have a picnic.....eat and then run around at a hot zoo, they are liable to sleep all the way to Dallas!!!:clap: :clap:

The zoo idea sounds like your best bet, Kellye. There is also a park right next to the zoo where they can burn off any extra energy. Have fun! :)

Ranger Mom
08-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
The zoo idea sounds like your best bet, Kellye. There is also a park right next to the zoo where they can burn off any extra energy. Have fun! :)

I just loaded up on toys they can play with on the way. Had to buy 2 of everything, because no matter that it's a boy and a girl, they will inevitably want what the other one has.

ccmom
08-11-2010, 01:47 PM
I just loaded up on toys they can play with on the way. Had to buy 2 of everything, because no matter that it's a boy and a girl, they will inevitably want what the other one has.

Smart woman! :clap:

injuredinmelee
08-11-2010, 01:49 PM
The DQ in Clyde is the only thing off the interstate in this area that has an indoor play area.

garciap77
08-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
The DQ in Clyde is the only thing off the interstate in this area that has an indoor play area.

:iagree:

And good place to get some ICE CREAM, and maybe lots of sweets for the trip!!!!:D

;)

Have a safe trip RM!:)

Ranger Mom
08-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:iagree:

And good place to get some ICE CREAM, and maybe lots of sweets for the trip!!!!:D

;)

Have a safe trip RM!:)

I stocked up on goodies too!!!

Ice Cream from Dairy Queen does sound good though......that is a definite maybe!!:)

Fletch
08-11-2010, 03:00 PM
There is a Mcdonalds on Judge Ely on the SE side of ACU campus,(1201 N. Judge Ely Blvd), but it is a mile from I20. If you look it up on Google Maps it should be easy to find.