PDA

View Full Version : Did You Know: Chris Johnson

Old Tiger
08-10-2010, 10:54 PM
http://wttrp.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Chris Johnson has 3,234 rushing yards in his first two seasons as a running back in the NFL. In retrospect only one other running back ranked in the top 10 all time leading rushers has more yards than he does after two years.

Here are the top 10 leading rushers of all time rushing totals after their first 2 years.

1. Emmitt Smith - 2,500
2. Walter Payton - 2,069
3. Barry Sanders - 2,774
4. Curtis Martin - 2,639
5. Jerome Bettis - 2,454
6. Eric Dickerson - 3,913
7. Tony Dorsett - 2,332
8. LaDainian Tomlinson - 2,919
9. Jim Brown - 2,469
10. Marshall Faulk - 2,360

coach
08-10-2010, 11:03 PM
he wont get anywhere close to emmitts record

PPSTATEBOUND
08-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by coach
he wont get anywhere close to emmitts record

LOL....even being bigger stronger and WAY fatser....I guess the obvious is one doesn't hunt the sidelines, helping him avoid many many hits...in his 35 year career.....:D

Farmersfan
08-11-2010, 07:53 AM
I watched Chris Johnson and Vince Young on ESPN Sportscenter this morning and it was obvious very early on that there is ZERO humility in either one of those guys. Even with all the problems Vince has had early in his career he is still about the most arrogant and unrealistic person I have heard on TV in quite some time. And Chris Johnson dropped the shared nickname with Lindale White of Slash & Dash and decided he deserved his own personal nickname so he named himself "Every Coaches Dream"!!!! Is there any humility left in the world?

Gsquared
08-11-2010, 07:59 AM
No theres not any left. Kids are told how great they are now days even when they have a big bag of nothing. Same reason you see a 600 LB chick on Facebook commenting on how hot she is.

LE Dad
08-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
No theres not any left. Kids are told how great they are now days even when they have a big bag of nothing. Same reason you see a 600 LB chick on Facebook commenting on how hot she is. Well, she would keep ya warm in winter.:D

Gsquared
08-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Well, she would keep ya warm in winter.:D
Yikes! It dont get that cold where I live LE DAD! :D

coach
08-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
LOL....even being bigger stronger and WAY fatser....I guess the obvious is one doesn't hunt the sidelines, helping him avoid many many hits...in his 35 year career.....:D

bigger? emmitt is listed at 216 and chis is 191...get your facts straight...trust me...in fact im willing to bet chris will have a down yr this year

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2010, 11:26 AM

I have to ask..where have u ever heard that Smith hunted for the sidelines? I know Franco Harris had that reputation, but where have you read that about Smith?

DDBooger
08-11-2010, 11:27 AM
bigger? emmitt is listed at 216 and chis is 191...get your facts straight...trust me...in fact im willing to bet chris will have a down yr this year Statistically his total carries almost assures it. Same thing happened to AP.

coach
08-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Statistically his total carries almost assures it. Same thing happened to AP.

im not saying his numbers will drop...i mean 2000 yrds is damn good so if he had 200 yards less i wont be saying he had a off year...im saying he will drop off quite a bit

DDBooger
08-11-2010, 11:41 AM
im not saying his numbers will drop...i mean 2000 yrds is damn good so if he had 200 yards less i wont be saying he had a off year...im saying he will drop off quite a bit Oh, I understand that, I'm just saying recently, backs who crossed the 300 carry threshold have seen diminishing performances the following year. Same thing happened to Michael Turner. I read this somewhere. But, it makes sense, it's a heavy workload. Don't running backs have the shortest career span?

PPSTATEBOUND
08-11-2010, 11:46 AM
bigger? emmitt is listed at 216 and chis is 191...get your facts straight...trust me...in fact im willing to bet chris will have a down yr this year

LMAO ....a little touchy..I was going with taller.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I have to ask..where have u ever heard that Smith hunted for the sidelines? I know Franco Harris had that reputation, but where have you read that about Smith?

Never read that...only witnessed it. We'll agree to disagree on this.

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Never read that...only witnessed it. We'll agree to disagree on this.

Well either way for me honestly I dont want my running back taking needless hits at the sideline. I would rather him play smart than try to prove he is a man.

I was just curious about your comment because all my years of watching Emmitt I never thought he was running for the sideline

PPSTATEBOUND
08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Well either way for me honestly I dont want my running back taking needless hits at the sideline. I would rather him play smart than try to prove he is a man.

I was just curious about your comment because all my years of watching Emmitt I never thought he was running for the sideline

Most notabl in my books was the 5 yard out of the backfield catch then run out of bounds....Imo and Earl's - it has nothing to do with being a man only picking up yards...and in Football that is the name of the game, no yards gained while tredding outside the white line.

DDBooger
08-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Most notabl in my books was the 5 yard out of the backfield catch then run out of bounds....Imo and Earl's - it has nothing to do with being a man only picking up yards...and in Football that is the name of the game, no yards gained while tredding outside the white line. Earl's current condition is a testament to that.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Earl's current condition is a testament to that.

He could have changed his style and played 25 years also.....but then he would not be remembered as the man he was. Only someone with a record.

BullsFan
08-11-2010, 01:39 PM
He could have changed his style and played 25 years also.....but then he would not be remembered as the man he was. Only someone with a record.

If you think Emmit is remembered as "only someone with a record", then you are certainly mistaken. So I hope that's not what you meant...

Pick6
08-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Most notabl in my books was the 5 yard out of the backfield catch then run out of bounds....

So you remember Emmitt catching about 3 passes a game instead of running up the middle 25-30 times a game??

LE Dad
08-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Imo and Earl's - it has nothing to do with being a man only picking up yards...

He could have changed his style and played 25 years also.....but then he would not be remembered as the man he was.

:confused: :confused:

Maroon87
08-11-2010, 01:55 PM

:iagree:

PPSTATEBOUND
08-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
If you think Emmit is remembered as "only someone with a record", then you are certainly mistaken. So I hope that's not what you meant...

He has the record so he is remembered by some of a man who has only the record, but is definitely more then that...Earl Campbell has no records to speak of just a few minuscule ones I believe, but is remembered by F-ball fans and by all in the same light.........The argument could go on and on...If I could choose the greatest ever....he would not be the one, only the one with the most yards. If I could start a team and have it for 1 year only and draft 3 backs of all the great backs that ever played or are playing now #22 would not be one of my three. If I could watch film and decide after the first two years of each careers who I would draft for my team between Johnson and Smith it would be a no brainer to me and 99% of the non-cowboy fans. I'm not a Cowboy fan by any stretch of the imagination so I'll give him all the acknowledgements the Cowboy fans do...minus just a few minute ones that really don't matter in the grand scheme of it all.

He is not only someone with a record Emmitt Smith is a Great man and was a Great NFL running back.

Go Cowboys.

Farmersfan
08-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Other than Johnson there have only been 5 others to ever rush for 2000 yards. NONE of those others could duplicate the feat again in their entire careers much less the very next season. Eric Dickerson came the closest with a followup season of 1800 yards. This doesn't mean Johnson won't do it but it certainly shows the odds are very much against him. And I for one think his lack of humility will keep him from achieving greatness. He already thinks he is "Every coaches Dream"!!!!!! How much harder will he work in the future?

PPSTATEBOUND
08-11-2010, 02:07 PM
:confused: :confused:

LOL

PPSTATEBOUND
08-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Other than Johnson there have only been 5 others to ever rush for 2000 yards. NONE of those others could duplicate the feat again in their entire careers much less the very next season. Eric Dickerson came the closest with a followup season of 1800 yards. This doesn't mean Johnson won't do it but it certainly shows the odds are very much against him. And I for one think his lack of humility will keep him from achieving greatness. He already thinks he is "Every coaches Dream"!!!!!! How much harder will he work in the future?

Johnson duplicates in 2010.

Farmersfan
08-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Johnson duplicates in 2010.

I say he doesn't break 1300 yards..................

PPSTATEBOUND
08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I say he doesn't break 1300 yards..................

This Coming from the same guy that said Johnson was not a great 2A running back.

2009 2,985 10.1 avg 47 tds

I'll take that bet.

:D

Trashman
08-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Well, she would keep ya warm in winter.:D

and cool in the summer with all that shade she would generate.:D

Farmersfan
08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
This Coming from the same guy that said Johnson was not a great 2A running back.

2009 2,985 10.1 avg 47 tds

I'll take that bet.

:D

What? I didn't even know Chris Johnson was a 2A running back. What kind of nonsense are you talking PPSteakhound???? If you are referring to Jarman Johnson then you stand corrected. I never said he wasn't a great 2A RB. In fact I believe I said he was basically ALL the Bearcats had..........................

Old Tiger
08-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Oh, I understand that, I'm just saying recently, backs who crossed the 300 carry threshold have seen diminishing performances the following year. Same thing happened to Michael Turner. I read this somewhere. But, it makes sense, it's a heavy workload. Don't running backs have the shortest career span? Thing is AD looks for contact...Chris Johnson reminds me of Emmitt in the way that he doesn't take many big hits and knows when he should get out of bounds to avoid those hits.