PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport vs Mineral Wells

Gsquared
08-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Bullaholic, might come see your boys in this one! My money is on the bulls. When and where?

Gsquared
08-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Note: This is a partial attempt to bait the guy from Mineral Wells.

fresh-j
08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Note: This is a partial attempt to bait the guy from Mineral Wells.

:D it will work. He looooves his rams. ALOT

Gobbla2001
08-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I went to Mineral Wells once... to get me some Rams (Shiner Bocks)...

mwrams
08-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Ok, I'll bite...and by the way, Shiner is my brand!! LOL
This will be a good game just like last year. I feel better that both schools are now 3A. The Rams have about 11 or 12 more suited up on Varsity than the last few years and should be moving a few up from the JV. This team could be as good as the 05 team that beat Aledo and gave Stephenville a close game. Lost to Denison in the last few in Bi-district.

Bullaholic
08-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Bullaholic, might come see your boys in this one! My money is on the bulls. When and where?

Mutton will be served starting at 7:30pm in Bull Stadium on 10/15/10, G2.....C'mon down and keep us company and see some good football---most folks know what happens when a Ram tries to butt a Bull....:D

rholl
08-10-2010, 02:25 PM
ok tagging into this thread for the bridgeport guys...how long has it been since yall played Alvarado?

Gsquared
08-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by mwrams
Ok, I'll bite...and by the way, Shiner is my brand!! LOL
This will be a good game just like last year. I feel better that both schools are now 3A. The Rams have about 11 or 12 more suited up on Varsity than the last few years and should be moving a few up from the JV. This team could be as good as the 05 team that beat Aledo and gave Stephenville a close game. Lost to Denison in the last few in Bi-district.
Dang it, your supposed to be a little more anti G in your response. I am bored at work and was looking to get flamed. Haha oh well, really will be a very interesting game.

Bullaholic
08-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by rholl
ok tagging into this thread for the bridgeport guys...how long has it been since yall played Alvarado?

In 35 seasons, I can't remember ever playing Alvarado--and i am looking forward to it this season---they always seem to a have a pretty good team down there.

Bull_Guy
08-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I think mwrams is underestimating the bulls this year. sweet revenge

rholl
08-10-2010, 03:18 PM
so in looking at the Bridgeport team, what can Alvarado folks look forward to...it seems a few years ago yall chunked the ball around quite a bit.....still the same MO?

Gsquared
08-10-2010, 03:25 PM
so in looking at the Bridgeport team, what can Alvarado folks look forward to...it seems a few years ago yall chunked the ball around quite a bit.....still the same MO?
I saw them last year so ima jump in for Bullaholic. They can throw it very well but that little soph. RB is going to be something special!! He will have you pulling your hair out all night!! Now, as for the Bport defense last year, saw room for improvement but they just looked a bit young, especially at safety. I think they will probably have those woe's worked out by district.

rholl
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
should be fun...any insight into the younger guys/freshmen?

Bullaholic
08-10-2010, 03:32 PM

Bulls still run 100% spread from the shotgun with no, or 1, RB. We still like to throw it, but we have run a lot more in recent years. I still think our HC is one of the best offensive minds in the 3A game, and gets more out of available talent than most. The Bull "D" has been pretty solid the last few seasons and should be so again this season. Most teams we face are running teams, and if the "D" makes a few stops, the offense usually is able to stay ahead on the scoreboard. We may not win them all---but the Bulls never bore anyone in a game.

Matthew328
08-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Watch out for the Mahon boys!!! They will be players for Bridgeport

fresh-j
08-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I'll predict B port wins in a shootout, 52-49. Only because brideports kicker has been on varsity since he was a freshman :D. Btw. I heard one of b ports star players had to go to the hospital due to the heat or his lung or something, any confirmation to that Brideport fellas?

5wide
08-10-2010, 05:00 PM
decatur beats both of yall...

garciap77
08-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
decatur beats both of yall...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

mwrams
08-10-2010, 06:25 PM
I'am more worried about Lake Worth than Decatur! How bout you Bridgeport?

SOONER09
08-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Decatur might get by Castleberry for there only district win!!

5wide
08-10-2010, 09:59 PM
haha who is mineral wells?? and bport knows wht can happen when decatur gets back to the norm!

mwrams
08-11-2010, 04:30 AM
you remember...Last time the two met:
2003:
Mineral Wells 47
Decatur 41

A heck of a game!

SOONER09
08-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by 5wide
haha who is mineral wells?? and bport knows wht can happen when decatur gets back to the norm! Decatur had a nice little run a few years ago but Wylie always put a stop to that.Now it's back to reality of just plain sucking.

rholl
08-11-2010, 11:22 AM
should be fun...any insight into the younger guys/freshmen?

None of you Bport guys have any freshmen coming up??

Bullaholic
08-11-2010, 11:34 AM
None of you Bport guys have any freshmen coming up??

I don't have a lot of familiarity with the younger players yet, rholl, but I do know that we used a freshman RB some last season with good results. He is small, but very fast, quick and strong for his size.