PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame game.

Farmersfan
08-09-2010, 08:33 AM
I can't imagine there hasn't been any conversations concerning the game last night. The Cowboys beat Cincy in a game full of penalties and names we will never hear again!
I liked what I saw from several players in the game. The TE Phililps seemed to have a great game. I was also stunned with how well some ex-Cowboys played in the game. T.O. caught everything that was thrown his way it seemed and Packman was a factor on the Cincy defense. It's too early to expect much but I was disappointed that the starting offense bogging down again in the red zone as usual. I sure hope we can get this fixed.
Any comments?

Txbroadcaster
08-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Losing Phillips will hurt more than people think IMO

bwdlionfan
08-09-2010, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Farmersfan
I can't imagine there hasn't been any conversations concerning the game last night. The Cowboys beat Cincy in a game full of penalties and names we will never hear again!
I liked what I saw from several players in the game. The TE Phililps seemed to have a great game. I was also stunned with how well some ex-Cowboys played in the game. T.O. caught everything that was thrown his way it seemed and Packman was a factor on the Cincy defense. It's too early to expect much but I was disappointed that the starting offense bogging down again in the red zone as usual. I sure hope we can get this fixed.
Any comments? [/QUOTE

Playcalling sucked that first drive. 1st and goal from the 3... run run run, not pass, pass, pass. Oh well, game doesn't matter, maybe they were trying to get Romo reps... but I would have rather seen 3 runs (probably would have got in) than 3 incomplete passes.

LionKing
08-09-2010, 09:11 AM
My thanks goes to Jordan Shipley for the only exciting play of the game, a 64 yd. punt return where he juked and wiggled his way thru Cowboy defenders to the 2 yd. line, which led to the Bengals only score.

Farmersfan
08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Losing Phillips will hurt more than people think IMO

do you not think they will keep all 3? They used Philips some in the regular season last year and he did ok. Even the commentators said Philips will be the main blocking TE which will allow Bennett to become more of a downfield threat. If Bennett does't pick it up some I see Philips getting a lot more play than any of us think he would......

Keith7
08-09-2010, 11:36 AM
man the cowgirls looked pretty bad last night huh??

obviously not much depth on that team

Old Tiger
08-09-2010, 11:37 AM
That was a sloppy game.

Bullaholic
08-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

obviously not much depth on that team

On their worst day, the Cowboys could, and will, beat your Dirty Birds twice this season.

LE Dad
08-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

obviously not much depth on that team Glad you watched and are sharing your opinion.:clap: :clap:

P.S. When the Eagles play post us a thread and let us know how they did because no Cowboy fan watches an Eagles game unless it involves the Cowboys.:thinking:

:)

Farmersfan
08-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Glad you watched and are sharing your opinion.:clap: :clap:

P.S. When the Eagles play post us a thread and let us know how they did because no Cowboy fan watches an Eagles game unless it involves the Cowboys.:thinking:

Oh Snap!!!!!!!! :clap:

Bull's-eye
08-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
On their worst day, the Cowboys could, and will, beat your Dirty Birds twice this season.

Last season it was 3 times. :doh:

Farmersfan
08-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Last season it was 3 times. :doh:

Too bad it won't be 3 times again this season!!!!

The Eagles won't make the post season..................:D

Txbroadcaster
08-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
do you not think they will keep all 3? They used Philips some in the regular season last year and he did ok. Even the commentators said Philips will be the main blocking TE which will allow Bennett to become more of a downfield threat. If Bennett does't pick it up some I see Philips getting a lot more play than any of us think he would......

The commentators were also talking out their butt..Bennett is a better blocker right now, Phillips better in routes...of course they also talked about how great Kitna has looked when everyone who follows Dallas in the media on a daily basis has been saying how bad Kitna has looked in camp.

None of it matters now cause Phillips is gone for the year, but yes they were going to keep all 3 and all 3 were going to be a part of the offense

garciap77
08-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Glad you watched and are sharing your opinion.:clap: :clap:

Hey! I watched the movie!!!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/51E2YJ793EL__SL500_AA300_-1.jpg

;)

LE Dad
08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Hey! I watched the movie!!!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/51E2YJ793EL__SL500_AA300_-1.jpg

;) :clap: :clap:

Farmersfan
08-09-2010, 02:38 PM
The commentators were also talking out their butt..Bennett is a better blocker right now, Phillips better in routes...of course they also talked about how great Kitna has looked when everyone who follows Dallas in the media on a daily basis has been saying how bad Kitna has looked in camp.

None of it matters now cause Phillips is gone for the year, but yes they were going to keep all 3 and all 3 were going to be a part of the offense

I have not found any report that Philips is out for the season! I looked on Cowboys website, ESPN and just googled it. Is he out with injury?

Txbroadcaster
08-09-2010, 02:57 PM
I have not found any report that Philips is out for the season! I looked on Cowboys website, ESPN and just googled it. Is he out with injury?

He tore his ACL..all over the net

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5448854

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/mri-confirms-acl-tear-for-cowb.html

Farmersfan
08-09-2010, 03:14 PM
He tore his ACL..all over the net

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5448854

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/mri-confirms-acl-tear-for-cowb.html

That's too bad!!!! I had pretty high hopes for the kid this year.

Txbroadcaster
08-09-2010, 03:21 PM
That's too bad!!!! I had pretty high hopes for the kid this year.

me 2 i think it would have improved the Red zone options with three TE all able to block or catch

Farmersfan
08-09-2010, 03:30 PM
me 2 i think it would have improved the Red zone options with three TE all able to block or catch

I guess we have to watch Garrett keep Witten in to block in the Red Zone again!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Txbroadcaster
08-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I guess we have to watch Garrett keep Witten in to block in the Red Zone again!!!!!:eek: :eek:

lol yea..problem is, he is so good at blitz pick up

would not shock me to see them do some slip blocking with him, where he shows block them slips away to be a reciever

TheDOCTORdre
08-09-2010, 08:38 PM

and his blocking as a FB looked good too, it is a shame that he got hurt, he was looking very good last night in all aspects of the game