Ill take, Fields Rockdale seldom wins at for $500 Trebek haha

Yoe_09
08-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
My 3 least favorite 3a stadiums would be

La Grange
Cameron(when they were 3a)
Caldwell

Cameron really? Have you been to Madisonville?

BuckeyeNut
08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Worst I have played on are

Jefferson
West Rusk
Dangerfield

I no there all 2a now but still.

Went to are

Mt Vernon
LE
Chapel Hill "BC of the Parking"

Pick6
08-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Pilot Point really needs a face lift.
Whiteboro visitors side is to far from the field.

Anyone remember SLC's stadium in the late 80's, that was a dump.

Buckeye1980
08-09-2010, 09:38 AM
you need to include Henderson ,was a bad 4A stadium, now a bad 3A

Old Tiger
08-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Cameron really? Have you been to Madisonville? No, those are just 3a fields I've been to as a player....

Cameron's field was always uneven and had holes throughout it in various places. The stands are terrible and the concessions are terrible...the restrooms are terrible. But I did see where they were building what appears to be new concessions and stands in the endzone opposite of the scoreboard.

Yoe_09
08-09-2010, 12:32 PM
No, those are just 3a fields I've been to as a player....

Cameron's field was always uneven and had holes throughout it in various places. The stands are terrible and the concessions are terrible...the restrooms are terrible. But I did see where they were building what appears to be new concessions and stands in the endzone opposite of the scoreboard.

Okay yeah I admit our football field is probably the worst thing we have now(maybe besides baseball). The parking, concessions, and visitors stands are pretty poor. There is a new concession(with bathroom I think) being constructed right now.

Madionsville does have us beat. The mud parking, stands, and just overall setting is pretty odd.

BaseballUmp
08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
No, those are just 3a fields I've been to as a player....

If you want to talk about an uneven playing surface, lets talk about Giddings...

Old Tiger
08-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
If you want to talk about an uneven playing surface, lets talk about Giddings... True their field is terrible also.

Yoe_09
08-09-2010, 02:13 PM
The worst field conditions I have ever seen would have to be either Madionsville last year or Caldwell two years ago. Madisonville was legit because it had been raining the whole day......Caldwell was not legit...it rained for like 5 or 10 minutes in Caldwell and yet there field looked like it had 6+ inches or rain...sprinklers.

Old Tiger
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
The worst field conditions I have ever seen would have to be either Madionsville last year or Caldwell two years ago. Madisonville was legit because it had been raining the whole day......Caldwell was not legit...it rained for like 5 or 10 minutes in Caldwell and yet there field looked like it had 6+ inches or rain...sprinklers. Caldwell's field is always soaking wet when good teams come in to play or there are district implications on the line.

HEMOTOXIC
08-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Caldwell's field is always soaking wet when good teams come in to play or there are district implications on the line.

I said the same thing last year in Navasota's 14-0 lost. The field was the worst I've ever seen.

As far as overall stadiums, Cameron and Hearne, both now 2A, take the cake.

Yoe_09
08-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I said the same thing last year in Navasota's 14-0 lost. The field was the worst I've ever seen.

As far as overall stadiums, Cameron and Hearne, both now 2A, take the cake.

Yeah well i know how you feel....I was at that game and it was pretty rough.

According to TexasBob Hearne only has 1000 seats...hope I can get one.

Farmersfan
08-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Emory Rains..........

You can see the humps and waves in the field from the stands.

HEMOTOXIC
08-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah well i know how you feel....I was at that game and it was pretty rough.

According to TexasBob Hearne only has 1000 seats...hope I can get one.

I don't think that is accurate. The stadium looks to hold 2500-3000 IMO.

Yoe_09
08-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I don't think that is accurate. The stadium looks to hold 2500-3000 IMO.

ahh ok yeah...from what I saw in the picture thats what I was thinking.

stang92
08-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Snyder's stadium is awful. The parking is horrible too. Hard to believe they don't renovate or build a new stadium.

Bull Butter
08-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Now that CC Miller is in 3A, Buccaneer stadium can added to the list. Parking is almost non-exsistant, it's in a bad part of town, playing surface is grass/weeds that doesn't get mowed too often. The only thing it has going for it is that seats a lot of people.

VWG
08-09-2010, 10:09 PM
x2 on Pilot Point, and Bridgeport ain't that great either

ccmom
08-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by stang92
Snyder's stadium is awful. The parking is horrible too. Hard to believe they don't renovate or build a new stadium. I'm guessing that the home side bleachers must be REALLY bad. The visitor's side seating is in poor condition, yet a good number of Snyder fans choose to sit on the visitor's side. It MUST be because the home side is worse, because SURELY they don't sit on the visitor's side to aggravate fans.:rolleyes: Surely not! :doh: That reminds me, one of the members of the visitor's side "welcoming committee" told me at least season that I was "not gonna be happy" when I saw his antics after the Tigers score. Hmmmm....sadly for him, he never got a chance to "break it down" for me, and I left there pleased as punch...PURPLE punch!:D

BaseballUmp
08-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Now that CC Miller is in 3A, Buccaneer stadium can added to the list. Parking is almost non-exsistant, it's in a bad part of town, playing surface is grass/weeds that doesn't get mowed too often. The only thing it has going for it is that seats a lot of people.

Hey BB, I saw this pig picture friday at the glass bottom boat tour here in san marcos...never knew what it meant til i saw it up in the case lol my nephew wanted to see it but had to tell him they no longer do that anymore

Emerson1
08-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Crandall

Bull Butter
08-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Hey BB, I saw this pig picture friday at the glass bottom boat tour here in san marcos...never knew what it meant til i saw it up in the case lol my nephew wanted to see it but had to tell him they no longer do that anymore

Yes, that would be Ralph, the swimming pig:)

griff
08-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Hamshire Fannett

Bull_Guy
08-10-2010, 02:53 PM
x2 on Pilot Point, and Bridgeport ain't that great either

About time somebody mentioned bridgeport.

TexanAlum_06
08-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Ingram

/thread

Snydertigersrul
08-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Snyder's stadium is awful. The parking is horrible too. Hard to believe they don't renovate or build a new stadium.

We have a new turf and plus new consession stands and new bathrooms are being built.Alot of other stufff is being built as well.

garciap77
08-10-2010, 07:47 PM

They should share the Mustang Bowl! :D

;)

eagleqb_14
08-10-2010, 07:51 PM
rusk

LE Dad
08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
.... and I left there pleased as punch...PURPLE punch!:D :eek: :eek: :eek:

What is it with Wylie ppl and punch?:)

:D

crabman
08-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Scratch Goliad off that list. New bleachers on the home and visitor side last year. New pressbox. New lighting.

This year they got a new track, new irrigation, and new grass.

Pretty first class now.

Little Goliad has spent $15 million on athletic facilities in the last three years.

SintonFan
08-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Used to be Bandera but they have upgraded theirs lately. Need to check it out.

Orange Grove has mosquitoes year round...
at least when I drive by there sometimes or when I have seen my team play.:(

Texas State
08-11-2010, 12:00 AM
BURKBURNETT

jambo67
08-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Every team that hasn't won a playoff game in the last 10 years pretty much plays in a dump. Every team that's won a few play-off games, especially a State Title, has the Taj Mahal of stadiums. There are some exceptions with some traditional power-house teams that take advantage of the "cash vs trash" equation. And they play to the hilt. "We're playing a bunch of rich boys tonight........." Then go to the bank after another good gate.

LH Panther Mom
08-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Every team that hasn't won a playoff game in the last 10 years pretty much plays in a dump. Every team that's won a few play-off games, especially a State Title, has the Taj Mahal of stadiums. There are some exceptions with some traditional power-house teams that take advantage of the "cash vs trash" equation. And they play to the hilt. "We're playing a bunch of rich boys tonight........." Then go to the bank after another good gate.
Taj Mahal.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :fnypost: :fnypost: :spitlol:

skins4life
08-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
They should share the Mustang Bowl! :D

;)

That won't never happen :mad: :mad:

skins4life
08-11-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm guessing that the home side bleachers must be REALLY bad. The visitor's side seating is in poor condition, yet a good number of Snyder fans choose to sit on the visitor's side. It MUST be because the home side is worse, because SURELY they don't sit on the visitor's side to aggravate fans.:rolleyes: Surely not! :doh: That reminds me, one of the members of the visitor's side "welcoming committee" told me at least season that I was "not gonna be happy" when I saw his antics after the Tigers score. Hmmmm....sadly for him, he never got a chance to "break it down" for me, and I left there pleased as punch...PURPLE punch!:D

ccmom,

Those kind are at all of the stadiums I've been to since my boy's started playing in the seventh grade in '94. I for sure know this, a TRUE FAN doesn't sit on the visitor's side with the enemy!!! I don't care who you are, you root for your team and not antagonize the fans of the other team.

SOONER09
08-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Decatur. They also have the most annoying P.A. announcer.

ccmom
08-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
ccmom,

Those kind are at all of the stadiums I've been to since my boy's started playing in the seventh grade in '94. I for sure know this, a TRUE FAN doesn't sit on the visitor's side with the enemy!!! I don't care who you are, you root for your team and not antagonize the fans of the other team. I'm sure you are right in that many schools probably have "fans" that plant themselves among the visiting fans. I just haven't run across that situation unless it was an overflow crowd from the home side. The Snyder situation is unique (at the least in my experience) in that this group of "fans" are seated smack in the middle of the visiting fans an hour before kickoff when there is still ample seating available on the home side. It's actually kind of comical the way they mock us and try to get under our skin. Well, I guess I should say it's only comical when we are winning. ;) Actually, we have a few fans on our home side that I would love to excommunicate to the visitor's side...not many, but a few. ;) Every village has their share of idiots. :)

skins4life
08-11-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm sure you are right in that many schools probably have "fans" that plant themselves among the visiting fans. I just haven't run across that situation unless it was an overflow crowd from the home side. The Snyder situation is unique (at the least in my experience) in that this group of "fans" are seated smack in the middle of the visiting fans an hour before kickoff when there is still ample seating available on the home side. It's actually kind of comical the way they mock us and try to get under our skin. Well, I guess I should say it's only comical when we are winning. ;) Actually, we have a few fans on our home side that I would love to excommunicate to the visitor's side...not many, but a few. ;) Every village has their share of idiots. :)

I'd bet money those you speak of are the same ones who voted against the Bond Election to renovate the stadium (which would've put more seats on the home side) and helped other areas of the school and for the sale of liquor within the city.:devil: :devil:

ccmom
08-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
I'd bet money those you speak of are the same ones who voted against the Bond Election to renovate the stadium (which would've put more seats on the home side) and helped other areas of the school and for the sale of liquor within the city.:devil: :devil: Well, the aroma coming from them, as well as their choice of adjectives, certainly indicated that they were probably supporters of the liquor sale bond. ;)

jambo67
08-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Taj Mahal.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :fnypost: :fnypost: :spitlol:

I meant that in a relative sense. I have been to the TaJ Mahal and am well aware that no high school football stadium could be considered on it's level. Never been to Liberty Hill's turf but I am sure it's a nice place to play games. Winning games wins bond elections, that's all I was trying to say.

bigwood33
08-12-2010, 06:57 PM
LH needs a new stadium. What she was saying is that winning playoff games (or a couple of state titles for that matter) didn't help them upgrade their facilities. You would be disappointed.

jambo67
08-12-2010, 07:10 PM
As I said a bond election for a new stadium changes everything. Liberty Hill may have had one (I do not know that they have) and it was turned down by the voters. Usually success on the field results in a positive vote. Liberty Hill has kids that are as good as they get anywhere. From friends that live in the area the parents and town support the kids every bit as well as Southlake and Highland Park supporters do in the Dallas area, and that says a great deal.

garciap77
08-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Well, the aroma coming from them, as well as their choice of adjectives, certainly indicated that they were probably supporters of the liquor sale bond. ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

espn1
08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Liberty Hill & Bandera's used to really suck! But both have gotten much better!
Both visitor sides used to hold 5-7 people!

Stownhorse
08-13-2010, 02:13 AM
When I was in high school Clydes stadium was bojanky.

LH Panther Mom
08-13-2010, 05:34 AM
I meant that in a relative sense. I have been to the TaJ Mahal and am well aware that no high school football stadium could be considered on it's level. Never been to Liberty Hill's turf but I am sure it's a nice place to play games. Winning games wins bond elections, that's all I was trying to say.
Oh, I knew that you didn't mean Taj Mahal literally. :)

We had a bond election in 2005 (pre-state champ) which would've included a new elementary building, athletic complex, performing arts center, computers, etc and funds to be set aside for an additional elementary. It failed miserably. :rolleyes: They went back to the drawing board for one elementary and it passed, which helped some of the crowding at the lower levels.

We will likely have a bond election in November for new HS, athletic complex and necessary renovations to existing campuses. I'll be more than disgusted if it doesn't pass, even though my kids will be out of school by the time it would be built. Our HS was built for about 600 kids & we outgrew it several years ago. The incoming 7th grade class has around 370 kids in it. :eek:

The home side of our stadium has had some additional seating added, but is still jam-packed. Don't get me started on the visitors' side. I know that schools aren't overly concerned about making certain that visitors have enough seats, but it's pretty ridiculous, not to mention the field house.

LH Panther Mom
08-13-2010, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by espn1
Liberty Hill & Bandera's used to really suck! But both have gotten much better!
Both visitor sides used to hold 5-7 people!
We've got room for 10, now! :D

birdie
08-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Hey we got a new turf field and getting new stands and consession stand next phase and 8 lane track

Old Tiger
08-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by birdie
Hey we got a new turf field and getting new stands and consession stand next phase and 8 lane track My ankle says too little too late :D

Cameron Crazy
08-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Grahams seating could really use an upgrade and that stadium would be one of the nicest in the state.

squid
08-15-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm guessing that the home side bleachers must be REALLY bad. The visitor's side seating is in poor condition, yet a good number of Snyder fans choose to sit on the visitor's side. It MUST be because the home side is worse, because SURELY they don't sit on the visitor's side to aggravate fans.:rolleyes: Surely not! :doh: That reminds me, one of the members of the visitor's side "welcoming committee" told me at least season that I was "not gonna be happy" when I saw his antics after the Tigers score. Hmmmm....sadly for him, he never got a chance to "break it down" for me, and I left there pleased as punch...PURPLE punch!:D

cc, we had one of those guys sitting close to us down on the north end of the stands too. All through the warm ups he crowed about how much fun he was going to have with us everytime Snyder scored. You could tell his wife and kids would have like to have been somewhere else that night. Long story short, we shared our pizza with his kids and his wife ended up moving up two rows to sit with our wives. He left at halftime, said he was going to sit with friends on the home side. I watched him walk out the NW gate. Kill 'em with kindness, I say.....

ccmom
08-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
When I was in high school Clydes stadium was bojanky. Clyde's new stadium is sweet, though!:clap: it's certainly not one of best in the state, but it's great A stadium and worlds better than what they had before!

AP Panther Fan
08-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Little Goliad has spent $15 million on athletic facilities in the last three years.
Yikes...must be nice! :mad:

Football_4
08-16-2010, 02:35 AM
Agreed!!! I hate our seating, the stands are horrible, but thats about it.

Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Grahams seating could really use an upgrade and that stadium would be one of the nicest in the state.

eagles_victory
08-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Every team that hasn't won a playoff game in the last 10 years pretty much plays in a dump. Every team that's won a few play-off games, especially a State Title, has the Taj Mahal of stadiums. There are some exceptions with some traditional power-house teams that take advantage of the "cash vs trash" equation. And they play to the hilt. "We're playing a bunch of rich boys tonight........." Then go to the bank after another good gate. We've won 8 games in the last 5 years and in the process added new field turf new scoreboards and new concession stands.

BullsFan
08-22-2010, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by SOONER09
Decatur. They also have the most annoying P.A. announcer.

They have an announcer? I thought that was just the "wah wah wah" teacher from the Charlie Brown cartoons.

jp744
08-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Well in the San Antonio area. Lytle and Pearsall are the worst around. Sam Houston plays at Alamo Stadium and that place is horrible turf is hard still has old Astroturf on it.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
08-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Brookshire Royal

BHBrave08
08-23-2010, 02:29 PM
The worst one I ever saw was Huffman's field the year that they had bugs or worms or something and the field was just solid dirt. Almost no grass at all. It sucked real bad that year, but during off season they had someone come in and fix it so it was just for one year.

bowleghorses
08-23-2010, 02:38 PM
I went from 1 extreme to the other. I left Barbers Hill in 1983 and moved to Montana and got to play some 8 man Football. Some of those fields were worse than my horse's pasture.

Johnny Moxen
08-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Snyder, Graham and any other school distric that sits the home team on the visitors side.

King_LeYoeNidas
08-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Yoe fan but i gotta admit our field needs work. I personally think tearing the whole thing down and starting over would be great. Removing the track made it look much better IMO. I remember La Grange being pretty unimpressive.

sweetwater07
08-23-2010, 08:20 PM
i'd say snyder..i always thought that was a junkyard. granted i haven't seen it since the repairs were finished a few years back i guess

nationalpastime
08-24-2010, 10:28 AM
You can take Madisonville off the list too. New Grass turf, new Home stands, new press box, new sound system and new wrought iron fencing around the stadium.

BILLYFRED0000
08-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Bonham needs to have their field redone but the seating is ok.
Celina does not have the seating but has put up temp bleachers for big school big games and has good facilities for the locker rooms and a good turf field. But I do wish we would redo the concession and put parking on the south side of the field as well.

Yoe_09
08-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Yoe fan but i gotta admit our field needs work. I personally think tearing the whole thing down and starting over would be great. Removing the track made it look much better IMO. I remember La Grange being pretty unimpressive.

Hey we now have a new scoreboard, goal posts, and a new concession stand...we might also have turf in the next 2 years....but i would love to see Caldwell get turf before anyone....