PDA

View Full Version : Your Stadium needs Help!!

SHSBulldog00
08-07-2010, 04:34 PM
What 3A stadium needs the most Help. (Worst Conditions, Parking, Concession, Dressing Rooms)

LHexPlayer
08-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Liberty Hill with all that. Hopefully help is on the way with a new bond election soon.

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Liberty Hill with all that. Hopefully help is on the way with a new bond election soon.
Hey, our field is in great shape! :p

bwdlionfan
08-07-2010, 04:49 PM
I've never been there... but Whitney looks pretty bad on Texasbob

NastySlot
08-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I've never been there... but Whitney looks pretty bad on Texasbob

i saw that stadium the other day.....looks like a typical 2A stadium.

Matthew328
08-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Whitney is 2A now.....

how about Castleberry

bwdlionfan
08-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Whitney is 2A now.....

how about Castleberry

Shows what I know. Were they 3A last year?

Yoe_09
08-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Madisonville!!! To be fair I think they were under construction...but wow.

XMan
08-07-2010, 04:59 PM
LaGrange, LaGrange, LaGrange. In the visitors locker room, they have the commodes just right out in the middle of the room. If someone in the stands pours out their drink, the drink drips on your head in the locker room. It is a total disgrace.

Astrosdawg07
08-07-2010, 05:26 PM
JASPER!

bag-o-chips
08-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Wait until anybody goes to Geronimo Texas and plays Navarro!

SHSBulldog00
08-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Ferris

BaseballUmp
08-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by XMan
LaGrange, LaGrange, LaGrange. In the visitors locker room, they have the commodes just right out in the middle of the room. If someone in the stands pours out their drink, the drink drips on your head in the locker room. It is a total disgrace.

Well maybe they should have gotten a new football field instead of a new baseball field...but then we would probably be hearing the same old story

coach
08-07-2010, 06:46 PM
waco isd with parking

Emerson1
08-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by coach
waco isd with parking
What's wrong with it? I've been at games there with 10,000+ and it's never been a problem.

They have better parking than Floyd Casey does.

Matthew328
08-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Waco ISD is one of my favorite stadiums..

bwdlionfan
08-07-2010, 07:09 PM

I don't like the security there

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Well maybe they should have gotten a new football field instead of a new baseball field...but then we would probably be hearing the same old story
:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Matthew328
08-07-2010, 07:37 PM

Whats the big deal w/security at Waco? Heard complaints but I've never seen anything out of the ordinary

XMan
08-07-2010, 08:55 PM

Up until just a few years ago, LaGrange didnt even have a high school baseball facility. Since the beginning of time they had played out at the fairgrounds. Seeing that they have won state at least 3 times and been to the final four on other occassions, Im thinking they were due a facility. Hopefully for the Leps a new football staduim will be built in the next 50 or so years to get them into the 20th century. And yes, I know its now the 21st century.

BaseballUmp
08-07-2010, 09:03 PM
and i played in la grange probably 6-8 times and it was probably one of my favorite places to play baseball...where else can you hit a homerun on top of a huge tent?

allforball
08-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by XMan

Up until just a few years ago, LaGrange didnt even have a high school baseball facility. Since the beginning of time they had played out at the fairgrounds. Seeing that they have won state at least 3 times and been to the final four on other occassions, Im thinking they were due a facility. Hopefully for the Leps a new football staduim will be built in the next 50 or so years to get them into the 20th century. And yes, I know its now the 21st century.

Football facilitities are atrocious...other facilities are also behind in time...LG Middle School Gym - no AC. How many 3A schools don't have AC in their MS Gym? ...Only 4 tennis courts....Recent school bond did not pass. They are planning on remodeling FB stadium and making a few Athletic upgrades, might be a couple of years though.

Yoe_09
08-07-2010, 09:21 PM

We have played at Waco ISD a few times and it is also one of my favorites as well. Nice all the way around in my opinions.

bwdlionfan
08-07-2010, 09:24 PM

I've seen quite a few games there as a fan (not just Brownwood games but other team's playoff games). The security always seems to be rude to the fans. I've been walking through an aisle before and been told I have to sit down (I was not standing, it was obvious I was walking somewhere). I've seen them do this to other people as well.

Then this past season, I was scouting a game there in the press box. The press box staff was all very friendly, but when I tried to enter the actual stadium at halftime to get some food from the concession stand, security wouldn't let me come through the gate nearest the concession stand (which was unlocked and open). The concession stands there are in the endzones, and they told me I had to go walk all the way back to the press box and enter the stadium on the far side of the press box. I had my press box pass with me, and tried to explain to them that I was a coach who was there to scout. They didn't care, sent me all the way back around to come in the main part of the stadium.

Black Swarm
08-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Burkburnett and Celina.

Matthew328
08-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I dunno...I've been to that stadium probably a dozen times and never had an issue...always have free run of the place...weird

Twirling Time
08-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Celina has the best 2A stadium in the state.

bigwood33
08-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Whitesboro. No restrooms or concessions on the visitors side and visitors seating needs to be expanded. The home side is fine (a little small be not bad) and parking is usually ok. The dressing rooms for both home and visitors are poor and need to be completely redone and by redone I mean torn down and rebuilt. We also need tennis courts in a bad way.

bwdlionfan
08-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time

Nope, Early's is nicer (seats 200 more as well), and probably several more are nicer:

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=126

LE Dad
08-08-2010, 10:31 AM
I thought LE was kinda on the badside but after reading some of these... Not so much.:doh:

Astrosdawg07
08-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by allforball
... How many 3A schools don't have AC in their MS Gym? ...

Jasper

trojan37
08-08-2010, 02:25 PM
West. No parking, field sucks, etc......

MUSTANG69
08-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Aransas Pass-Visitor side seating is horrible.:mad:

Phil C
08-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Orange Grove needs to expand its' visitors' side. They have even give the visitors a section on the home side. Plus they have had to put chairs out near the field for the bands. One of the officials told me that a new field was the next project but that was about 5 years ago.

Goliad had a small visitors' side but they improved it.

DaHop72
08-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Tiger Stadium is getting better slowly, will have new concessions and bathrooms this year and new field house is being built as well. Now if we could just get the bleachers replaced. :thinking: :thinking: Wonder if I can find a school board member to talk to about that?

Tiganut
08-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Tiger Stadium is getting better slowly, will have new concessions and bathrooms this year and new field house is being built as well. Now if we could just get the bleachers replaced. :thinking: :thinking: Wonder if I can find a school board member to talk to about that?

Hop I spoke with members of the booster club and some of the powers that be with the school. I have several commited to paint the bleachers and replace a few boards. I will let you know when. Weren't you a painter and carpenter in your younger days. We r gathering supplies (rollers, brushes, and such).

DaHop72
08-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Tiganut
Weren't you a painter and carpenter in your younger days. :lies: :lies:

wimbo_pro
08-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer

So true. LH doesnt have a stadium. It's a practice field with some seating provided. I hope you guys pass the bond and get the stadium the kids deserve!

Twirling Time
08-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time

C'mon, nobody saw what I did here?

bigwood33
08-10-2010, 06:34 AM
I got it :rolleyes: :D

GrTigers6
08-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Shows what I know. Were they 3A last year? yes, they have been 3a for the past several years.

Ranger Mom
08-10-2010, 08:32 AM
I've seen quite a few games there as a fan (not just Brownwood games but other team's playoff games). The security always seems to be rude to the fans. I've been walking through an aisle before and been told I have to sit down (I was not standing, it was obvious I was walking somewhere). I've seen them do this to other people as well.

Then this past season, I was scouting a game there in the press box. The press box staff was all very friendly, but when I tried to enter the actual stadium at halftime to get some food from the concession stand, security wouldn't let me come through the gate nearest the concession stand (which was unlocked and open). The concession stands there are in the endzones, and they told me I had to go walk all the way back to the press box and enter the stadium on the far side of the press box. I had my press box pass with me, and tried to explain to them that I was a coach who was there to scout. They didn't care, sent me all the way back around to come in the main part of the stadium.

We played the state championship game there in 2002. A young Greenwood couple were there with their baby. At the beginning of the 2nd quarter, the mother realized she had left the baby's bottle in their car. In order for them to let her out of the gate to get it and get back in, she had to buy another ticket.....RIDICULOUS!!!!

Ex-Tiger2005
08-10-2010, 09:23 AM

How could you expand seating without it being a big ordeal? I agree with you that the bleachers need major adjustment as far as capacity is concerned...

DaHop72
08-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
How could you expand seating without it being a big ordeal? I agree with you that the bleachers need major adjustment as far as capacity is concerned... It would be a big ordeal, I'm talking about replacing the bleachers at some point just like we have with the turf, concessions, bathrooms and field house.:thumbsup:

Blackcat1954
08-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Bay City is 4A but need a lot of help

Just an old stadium-Bond issue failed about 5 years ago after high school was built which didn't include it

Wharton needs new dressing rooms big time and press box is like a cracker box width wise

Ex-Tiger2005
08-10-2010, 02:58 PM
It would be a big ordeal, I'm talking about replacing the bleachers at some point just like we have with the turf, concessions, bathrooms and field house.:thumbsup:

It wont be finished before the season starts right? :thinking: