PDA

View Full Version : Sinton has toughest HS Football Schedule in Regular Season in 2010

Phil C
08-06-2010, 01:27 PM
:(

Good Grief. I knew it would be tough but this exceeded my expectations. Away Games will be indentified. Here we go:

08-27-10 Open Date Good Grief. We even have it rough on open date. What this means is that during the season there will be no break to rest up and let injuries heal. Man this makes one want to dunk their head in the creek.

09-03-10 at Hondo. Good grief. This is the same team that beat us in the playoffs a few years ago. Most scary indeed.

09-10-10 at Rio Hondo. Good grief again! Two straight long distance road games and this one down in the valley. This team is a consistent playoff team and always tough.

09-17-10 West Oso. Always a good team and as you know you have to "BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!"

09-24-10 Robstown. Very tough. Remember we had to beat them in a close overtime game last year. Pardon me while I unretire and head back to the bullring.

10-01-10 at Orange Grove. Always tough and close. They are also a playoff contender.

Now District starts and it is tough:

10-08-10 Rockport-Fulton. A powerful team in 4A now in 3A. They have had good teams and have given 4A power Gregory-Portland fits the past few years. Thanks for nothing again UIL.

10-15-10 at Ingleside. Good grief. We play them at Ingleside for the second year in a row. They will have a great team as usual so don't be fooled by the pre season underestimation.

10-22-10 Aransas Pass. Always tough and they beat us in overtime a few years ago. They will be more experienced this year. Pardon me while I take long swim out in the bay without a life jacket.

10-29-10 Mathis. We were fortunate to win last year and they have most of their players back and are favored to win district. Very scary indeed.

10-05-10 at Goliad. Always tough when we played them. UIL did us no favor putting them back in our district.

Indeed a tough schedule. Toughest in the state. Scary times indeed.

MUSTANG69
08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Phil

I feel your pain. I had the same feelings when I saw Ingleside's schedule. First week a bye then non-district is Tuloso-Midway, Beevile, Zapata (4-hour drive), West Oso and Robstown. I don't know how it could be tougher for a young inexperienced team. :thinking:

waterboy
08-06-2010, 02:16 PM
With all due respect, I think Gilmer has a tougher schedule. Check this out:

2010 Gilmer Buckeye Schedule

Aug. 26 Atlanta (3A) @ TMF/Rose Tyler - The Rabbits are up and down but are due for an up year. They were 3A state champs in '03.

Sept. 9 Tatum (2A) @ Home - The Eagles are one of our annual rivalries and a perennial playoff team. The were 3A state champs in '05, 2A state champs in '06, and made a 2A finals appearance in '07.

Sept. 10 Jacksonville (4A) @ Home - The Indians are a perennial 4A contender with most of their starters back from a 4A playoff team a year ago.

Sept. 17 Liberty-Eylau (3A) @ Home - The Leopards are a perennial playoff team who barely lost to Lucas Lovejoy in the playoffs last year. They have most of those players back. They were 3A state champs in '99 and '06. A big rivalry game.

Sept. 24 Daingerfield (2A)- There.......They are the two-time defending 2A state champion and have most of their star players back. They will likely be the state champs again this year in 2A. A big rivalry game in their house....a VERY tough place to win in.

Oct. 1 Open - We'll definitely need a break to heal up before district play begins.

District 16-3A

Oct. 8 Gladewater @ Home - A big rivalry game. Battle of two very similar sized schools in Upshur County that both wear orange and black. Not any love between these two.

Oct. 15 Carthage - There......The Bulldogs are the two-time defending Class 3A D2 state champions, and on a 29-game win streak. They have yet to lose in their house since they opened their new stadium. This much anticipated game pits last year's two 3A state champions against each other and ought to be barn burner.

Oct. 22 Spring Hill @ Home - The Panthers have a good nucleus back this year, and a new coach. Their new coach, Bill Poe, looks to follow in his father's historic shoes. If the Panthers are patient, Coach Poe will have them back in playoff contention.

Oct. 29 Henderson - There..... The Lions are a drop-down from 4A and are gonna be tough to beat, especially in their house. They have most of their players back, too. The last time Gilmer played the Lions was in Henderson in '97 (I believe), and they whipped up on us pretty good winning 44-0. That WAS a long time ago, though.

Nov. 5 Pittsburg @ Home - The Pirates lost in the semifinals last year to Graham. They are a perennial playoff team and it's always a grudge match with the Buckeyes. They always play well against us it seems. In '04, the Pirates were the only team other than Jasper in the finals that came close to beating us. The Buckeyes had to score two 4th quarter TDs to win that game 22-18.

I say our schedule may be the toughest in the state. :cool: Goodness! Shivers.....:eek:

Phil C
08-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
With all due respect, I think Gilmer has a tougher schedule. Check this out:

2010 Gilmer Buckeye Schedule

Aug. 26 Atlanta (3A) @ TMF/Rose Tyler - The Rabbits are up and down but are due for an up year. They were 3A state champs in '03.

Sept. 9 Tatum (2A) @ Home - The Eagles are one of our annual rivalries and a perennial playoff team. The were 3A state champs in '05, 2A state champs in '06, and made a 2A finals appearance in '07.

Sept. 10 Jacksonville (4A) @ Home - The Indians are a perennial 4A contender with most of their starters back from a 4A playoff team a year ago.

Sept. 17 Liberty-Eylau (3A) @ Home - The Leopards are a perennial playoff team who barely lost to Lucas Lovejoy in the playoffs last year. They have most of those players back. They were 3A state champs in '99 and '06. A big rivalry game.

Sept. 24 Daingerfield (2A)- There.......They are the two-time defending 2A state champion and have most of their star players back. They will likely be the state champs again this year in 2A. A big rivalry game in their house....a VERY tough place to win in.

Oct. 1 Open - We'll definitely need a break to heal up before district play begins.

District 16-3A

Oct. 8 Gladewater @ Home - A big rivalry game. Battle of two very similar sized schools in Upshur County that both wear orange and black. Not any love between these two.

Oct. 15 Carthage - There......The Bulldogs are the two-time defending Class 3A D2 state champions, and on a 25-game win streak. They have yet to lose in their house since they opened their new stadium. This much anticipated game pits last year's two 3A state champions against each other and ought to be barn burner.

Oct. 22 Spring Hill @ Home - The Panthers have a good nucleus back this year, and a new coach. Their new coach, Bill Poe, looks to follow in his father's historic shoes. If the Panthers are patient, Coach Poe will have them back in playoff contention.

Oct. 29 Henderson - There..... The Lions are a drop-down from 4A and are gonna be tough to beat, especially in their house. They have most of their players back, too. The last time Gilmer played the Lions was in Henderson in '97 (I believe), and they whipped up on us pretty good winning 44-0. That WAS a long time ago, though.

Nov. 5 Pittsburg @ Home - The Pirates lost in the semifinals last year to Graham. They are a perennial playoff team and it's always a grudge match with the Buckeyes. They always play well against us it seems. In '04, the Pirates were the only team other than Jasper in the finals that came close to beating us. The Buckeyes had to score two 4th quarter TDs to win that game 22-18.

I say our schedule may be the toughest in the state. :cool: Goodness! Shivers.....:eek:

Very scary indeed waterboy but we edge you out in that your open date is at mid season which gives your team time to rest and heal.

Phil C
08-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Phil

I feel your pain. I had the same feelings when I saw Ingleside's schedule. First week a bye then non-district is Tuloso-Midway, Beevile, Zapata (4-hour drive), West Oso and Robstown. I don't know how it could be tougher for a young inexperienced team. :thinking:

Indeed but you have a dynamic young coach of a team that doesn't rebuild but reloads every year.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Phil, dont over look the tough scrimmages against a former 5a school and been a 4a playoff team last couple of years CC Ray and preseason no.1 rank team in 2a Refugio and its at Refugio EVEN SCARIER TIME INDEED!

:) WTG Phil

MUSTANG69
08-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Phil, dont over look the tough scrimmages against a former 5a school and been a 4a playoff team last couple of years CC Ray and preseason no.1 rank team in 2a Refugio and its at Refugio EVEN SCARIER TIME INDEED!

It is real scary anytime you have to play in Refugio. "Losing" is not in their vocabulary. Good luck.:D

Phil C
08-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

Right you are SintonFan! Most scary indeed even though I have never taken scrimmages too seriously because the coaches are looking at different players at different positions at that time.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey Phil, after the game in Rio Hondo, why don't you head over to South Padre Island to Club Pelican West and watch the famous Pelican West band?

SintonFan_inAustin
08-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Hey Phil, after the game in Rio Hondo, why don't you head over to South Padre Island to Club Pelican West and watch the famous Pelican West band? oh no! dont get Phil started on that subject. :)

Phil C
08-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Hey Phil, after the game in Rio Hondo, why don't you head over to South Padre Island to Club Pelican West and watch the famous Pelican West band?

Indeed yes. Rio Hondo is close to South Padre Island and they are located there at 410 Padre Blvd. A great band indeed.

IrishTex
08-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Good Grief. I knew it would be tough but this exceeded my expectations. Away Games will be indentified. Here we go:

08-27-10 Open Date Good Grief. We even have it rough on open date. What this means is that during the season there will be no break to rest up and let injuries heal. Man this makes one want to dunk their head in the creek.

09-03-10 at Hondo. Good grief. This is the same team that beat us in the playoffs a few years ago. Most scary indeed.

09-10-10 at Rio Hondo. Good grief again! Two straight long distance road games and this one down in the valley. This team is a consistent playoff team and always tough.

09-17-10 West Oso. Always a good team and as you know you have to "BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!"

09-24-10 Robstown. Very tough. Remember we had to beat them in a close overtime game last year. Pardon me while I unretire and head back to the bullring.

10-01-10 at Orange Grove. Always tough and close. They are also a playoff contender.

Now District starts and it is tough:

10-08-10 Rockport-Fulton. A powerful team in 4A now in 3A. They have had good teams and have given 4A power Gregory-Portland fits the past few years. Thanks for nothing again UIL.

10-15-10 at Ingleside. Good grief. We play them at Ingleside for the second year in a row. They will have a great team as usual so don't be fooled by the pre season underestimation.

10-22-10 Aransas Pass. Always tough and they beat us in overtime a few years ago. They will be more experienced this year. Pardon me while I take long swim out in the bay without a life jacket.

10-29-10 Mathis. We were fortunate to win last year and they have most of their players back and are favored to win district. Very scary indeed.

10-05-10 at Goliad. Always tough when we played them. UIL did us no favor putting them back in our district.

Indeed a tough schedule. Toughest in the state. Scary times indeed.

Phil, Phil, Phil.........

You are the most well respected poster in Sinton, on the 3A Downlow, heck, maybe even in the state of Texas. You definately command the utmost respect as a fan.

But I take exception to your post, and here's why.

Sinton really has no competition until the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs each year. The good folks of Sinton must feel a little guilty a little bit each year like a poker player holding 4 aces in a game of poker. You always win!

It's almost comical to me how the good fans of Sinton do this every year...draw up drama, when in fact there is no drama. I'm not sure if the coach does that, or if it's just a pre-determined conclusion in ya'lls district...but when is the last time the Pirates didn't win that district?

Was it when the Jolly Roger flew on the Ark?

Please advise.

:D

IHStangFan
08-06-2010, 07:14 PM
LOL :doh: when there is a single district that has BOTH defending state champs.... uh....

BRfalconfan
08-06-2010, 07:42 PM
I find it possible Brookshire-Royal might have the hardest or one of the hardest

Wharton-home
Giddings-there
Cleveland-there
Hempstead(2a)-home
Sweeny-there
Caldwell-home
District
Bye week
Stafford-home
Columbus-there
Bellville-home
Sealy-there

There are a couple of games that do have meaning to the senior class

Hempstead is always a great game and is a great rivallary
Sweeny is going to be a great game as the senior class has yet to beat them twice sweeny beat them out for the district championship last year and when the boys were in 8th grade and both came down to the final seconds
Bellville what a game to end at home as it was the seniors first ever team to play at home in 7th grade
Sealy is going to be a barn burner and I'm looking forward to this game both teams being ranked fairly high and this game should decide the district championship

This is just my input though

sinton66
08-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Phil, Phil, Phil.........

You are the most well respected poster in Sinton, on the 3A Downlow, heck, maybe even in the state of Texas. You definately command the utmost respect as a fan.

But I take exception to your post, and here's why.

Sinton really has no competition until the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs each year. The good folks of Sinton must feel a little guilty a little bit each year like a poker player holding 4 aces in a game of poker. You always win!

It's almost comical to me how the good fans of Sinton do this every year...draw up drama, when in fact there is no drama. I'm not sure if the coach does that, or if it's just a pre-determined conclusion in ya'lls district...but when is the last time the Pirates didn't win that district?

Was it when the Jolly Roger flew on the Ark?

Please advise.

Ever heard the ZING of fishing line when a big fish hits and takes the line out?:D

bigwood33
08-06-2010, 09:04 PM
:( Indeed a tough schedule. Toughest in the state. Scary times indeed.
I doubt that. Here is Wylie's schedule...Sinton would want NO part of it.

8/28 La Vernia
9/3 Stephenville
9/10 Graham
9/17 Waco High
9/24 Lucas Lovejoy
10/1 Lubbock Estacado

Of course we will only know who has the toughest schedule AFTER the season is over. Some will disappoint and some will exceed exceed expectations.

SHSBulldog00
08-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Not 3A but

Abilene High School

27-Aug Belton A 7:30
4-Sep Franklinton LA H 1:00
10-Sep Cocoa FL A 7:30
16-Sep Plant FL H 7:00
24-Sep Longview Kimb 7:30
8-Oct Odessa H 7:30*
15-Oct Midland Lee A 7:30*
22-Oct Midland A 7:30*
29-Oct Abil Cooper H 7:30*
5-Nov Permian H 7:30*

3A

15-3A: Atlanta

26-Aug Gilmer TYLR 7:30
3-Sep Daingerfield H 7:30
10-Sep Tatum H 7:30
17-Sep Pittsburg A 7:30
1-Oct Linden-Kildare H 7:30
8-Oct North Lamar A 7:30*
15-Oct Mt Vernon H 7:30*
22-Oct Liberty-Eylau A 7:30*
29-Oct Pleasant Grv H 7:30*
5-Nov Paris A 7:30*

WOS1
08-06-2010, 09:38 PM
WOS:

Nederland (4A playoffs)
Friendswood (4A semifinals)
Jasper
Kirbyville (2A state finals)
Giddings

Our district is weak, but that is a killer pre-district.

wimbo_pro
08-06-2010, 10:23 PM

Good Grief. I knew it would be tough but this exceeded my expectations. Away Games will be indentified.

with all due respect, Phil...how many of these teams are ranked in the top 20 of the state? I didnt check it out for accuracy, but none of those rang a bell. How can you say with seriousness that it might be the toughest in the state?? We play at least TWO top 10 ranked teams in the pre-district schedule, and even I wouldnt make the claim to the toughest schedule. I have to admit that our district schedule isnt the toughest around compared to some, but overall, its pretty tough...but not the toughest in the state!

LE Dad
08-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Ever heard the ZING of fishing line when a big fish hits and takes the line out?:D and they come back for more.:D

injuredinmelee
08-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Not 3A but

Abilene High School

27-Aug Belton A 7:30
4-Sep Franklinton LA H 1:00
10-Sep Cocoa FL A 7:30
16-Sep Plant FL H 7:00
24-Sep Longview Kimb 7:30
8-Oct Odessa H 7:30*
15-Oct Midland Lee A 7:30*
22-Oct Midland A 7:30*
29-Oct Abil Cooper H 7:30*
5-Nov Permian H 7:30*

3A

15-3A: Atlanta

26-Aug Gilmer TYLR 7:30
3-Sep Daingerfield H 7:30
10-Sep Tatum H 7:30
17-Sep Pittsburg A 7:30
1-Oct Linden-Kildare H 7:30
8-Oct North Lamar A 7:30*
15-Oct Mt Vernon H 7:30*
22-Oct Liberty-Eylau A 7:30*
29-Oct Pleasant Grv H 7:30*
5-Nov Paris A 7:30*

AHS vs Plant... both 5A champs in their state. Ranked #1 & #2 in ESPN poll.

CueroDad08
08-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Cuero Gobblers Pre-Distric

Lockhart There 7:00
LaGrange There 7:00

8/27/10 Wimberley Here
7:30

9/03/10 Liberty Hill
Here
9/10/10 Bellville
Here

9/17/10 Port Lavaca
There

Pretty good start before distric

wimbo_pro
08-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Three home games to kick off the season?????

LE Dad
08-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Way to go Phil!!:clap: :clap: