PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs Notre Dame football series announced!

Phil C
08-05-2010, 03:14 PM
This is great news even though it is a few years away. Texas will play Notre Dame at South Bend on 9-5-15 and the game will be in Austin the next year on 9-3-16. They will meet again at Texas in 2019 and then in 2020 at South Bend.

This is great news. Both teams should be highly ranked now that Notre Dame has Coach Brian Kelly who has really been recruiting well and has a proven winning record.

Great news indeed.

Gsquared
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
By the time this game rolls around , Notre Dame is going to be about like Rice. They continue to screw themselves due to thier independent status. I dont care if Lombardy , Joe Gibbs or the greatest coach in the galaxy is coach, not going to do them any good if they remain independent. They are and will be irrelevent in the world of college football. Hate to see that, love historical programs like that.

IHStangFan
08-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Big deal...Notre Dame hasn't been relevant in years. Over-hyped....under-achieved. Texas will destroy them even in a "down" year. *yawn*

rancher
08-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Good for them, will they still play the power houses like Sam Houston State.

Spread It Out
08-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
under-achieved.

In regards of National Championsips, I don't think any team in the nation has under-achieved more than the Longhorns.

IHStangFan
08-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
In regards of National Championsips, I don't think any team in the nation has under-achieved more than the Longhorns. I don't disagree.

Emerson1
08-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Good for them, will they still play the power houses like Sam Houston State.
As long as every other team in the country continues to they will.

coach
08-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
As long as every other team in the country continues to they will.

texas is the worst about it

WTF-82
08-05-2010, 10:51 PM
For those that think that ND will be a easy opponent your wrong they will play with anyone. Well even in ND worst years not including the Weis year 3 seasons ago when they went 3-7 after Quinn left they have competed against the countrys best here is an example No 1 USC 2004 the game came down to the wire and a little Bush Push gets them the win yes the same team that the best UT team in decades battled with till the incredible end for VYoung and Longhorns. ND plays the best teams every year this is no surprise. This year the ND strength of schedule is about 17 the UT strength is around 79 you take away confrence foe OU and it really drops. Just wanted to show a little example ND worst opponents are teams like Navy thats a bowl team that can play with anyone they added WMichigan this year but everyone has on of those. UT is trying to improve there nonconference schedule so I respect that I do know ND has a long way to go to be elite again but remember UT before Brown recruiting Texas got them back. ND can recruit that is why I know that they will be strong again. Kelly is the best coach since L Holtz and we will start seeing a big improvment this season. Cant wait

PHS Wildcats
08-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by coach

Actually they aren't they don't play FCS schools like Alabama playing Georgia State, Nebraska playing N.Dakota St, etc.

Old Tiger
08-06-2010, 12:22 AM
The last time Texas played an FCS school was in 2006 against Sam Houston State and previous to that was in 1953 against Villanova if I am understanding it correctly.

Ex-Tiger2005
08-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by coach

i wouldnt say the worst!

NastySlot
08-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
By the time this game rolls around , Notre Dame is going to be about like Rice. They continue to screw themselves due to thier independent status. I dont care if Lombardy , Joe Gibbs or the greatest coach in the galaxy is coach, not going to do them any good if they remain independent. They are and will be irrelevent in the world of college football. Hate to see that, love historical programs like that.

idk if it's the independent status as much as the academic requirements to go to ND that hurt them at times......and they have been in coaching rut lately.

JJWalker
08-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
For those that think that ND will be a easy opponent your wrong they will play with anyone. ...
Can't disagree with you there ... they have been giving the Mid-shipmen a run for their money lately. :D