PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Two-a-Days

wimbo_pro
08-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I went out this morning to check out the team, to get an early look at the size and speed as compared to our '05 team. Well, I am happy to report that they compare very well! They are bigger (over all) than the championship team, but I am not so sure they are faster/quicker just yet (which was our strength in 05). They are faster in some key positions, but its too early for me to say if over all they are as fast/quick.

The new QB transfer (sorry, cannot remember his name right now) is quite the specimen. With Smith in the backfield, we will have a very serious threat in the air, on the ground and up the middle. I see some very promising signs for our offense to be a high scoring, exciting team to watch. And Coach Nelms is someone who has proven that, given the talent, he can make them gel.

But, you all know it comes down to defense. I can't compare it so early to 05, but I do know this...we have some very talented kids, and with Coach Smith at the defensive helm, I have no doubt he will get the most out of them.

Early conclusion? We are going to be the best we have been since the 06 season, possibly better. As good as the 05 team? Thats the intangible that I would be "Rocket-like" in predicting so early..so I wont make that prediction. But I can tell you guys that we are definitely someone to watch this year. We deserve the high ranking, in my opinion. My heart is happy.

Gobbla2001
08-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Just forwarded this post to the Cuero staff, they'll now be going to four-a-days to prepare for the Texans...

Gsquared
08-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Just forwarded this post to the Cuero staff, they'll now be going to four-a-days to prepare for the Texans...
Hahaha stir stir

wimbo_pro
08-05-2010, 02:15 PM

LOL..well, if they didnt already know this info, then they arent good coaches, which means we will beat you guys like an old rag come September! But, seeing its Cuero, I aint making THAT prediction. i mean, someone knew this already, or we wouldnt be ranked as high as 8th in some polls. I doubted that high of a ranking a month ago. I dont doubt it now. We have the talent to be at least 8th ranked....and I am hoping much, much higher.

fresh-j
08-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I went out this morning to check out the team, to get an early look at the size and speed as compared to our '05 team. Well, I am happy to report that they compare very well! They are bigger (over all) than the championship team, but I am not so sure they are faster/quicker just yet (which was our strength in 05). They are faster in some key positions, but its too early for me to say if over all they are as fast/quick.

The new QB transfer (sorry, cannot remember his name right now) is quite the specimen. With Smith in the backfield, we will have a very serious threat in the air, on the ground and up the middle. I see some very promising signs for our offense to be a high scoring, exciting team to watch. And Coach Nelms is someone who has proven that, given the talent, he can make them gel.

But, you all know it comes down to defense. I can't compare it so early to 05, but I do know this...we have some very talented kids, and with Coach Smith at the defensive helm, I have no doubt he will get the most out of them.

Early conclusion? We are going to be the best we have been since the 06 season, possibly better. As good as the 05 team? Thats the intangible that I would be "Rocket-like" in predicting so early..so I wont make that prediction. But I can tell you guys that we are definitely someone to watch this year. We deserve the high ranking, in my opinion. My heart is happy.

Lambert, Brady Lambert. With a name like that he's destined to play MLB :D ;)

fresh-j
08-05-2010, 02:17 PM

I heard Jackson was signing an autograph for Adrian Peterson at yesterdays practice! :D ;)

wimbo_pro
08-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by fresh-j
Lambert, Brady Lambert. With a name like that he's destined to play MLB :D ;)

thank you Fresh!! Thats going to be a name you will hear quite a bit about this year! He is as big as Dennis Smith (plus or minus), seemingly just as fast, has a VERY good arm (at least in practice), and great QB poise. I say all this without seeing him in pads and under pressure, so I know not to draw too much from today. But what I saw is very, very encouraging for us Texan Fans!!!

Gobbla2001
08-05-2010, 02:25 PM
We have the talent to be at least 8th ranked....and I am hoping much, much higher.

Well apparently one of their fans is already "much higher" ha...

I joke man, I joke...

Cuero knows not to look past the Texans period...

fresh-j
08-05-2010, 02:28 PM
thank you Fresh!! Thats going to be a name you will hear quite a bit about this year! He is as big as Dennis Smith (plus or minus), seemingly just as fast, has a VERY good arm (at least in practice), and great QB poise. I say all this without seeing him in pads and under pressure, so I know not to draw too much from today. But what I saw is very, very encouraging for us Texan Fans!!!

Welcome, he's an athlete to say the least, played LB for a State champion team last year, any reason why he moved?

wimbo_pro
08-05-2010, 02:34 PM
... any reason why he moved?

The money???

LOL...I really haven't heard. I'll let you know if I do hear something factual.

fresh-j
08-05-2010, 02:35 PM
The money???

LOL...I really haven't heard. I'll let you know if I do hear something factual.

Lol come on, y'all aren't Wylie :D :D :D

;)

Gobbla2001
08-05-2010, 02:40 PM
He was gunna move to Cuero, but Wimberley has actually won a championship recently...

I'd retire to Wimberley if A.) It was closer to the coast and B.) If I could afford it in 30 years when I retire... Love it up there..

Gobbla2001
08-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh, as for AP getting Trent Jackson's autograph: that is the most ridiculous comment I've read in a while.. AP is at training camp.. It was Eric Dickerson...

fresh-j
08-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh, as for AP getting Trent Jackson's autograph: that is the most ridiculous comment I've read in a while.. AP is at training camp.. It was Eric Dickerson...

Nah, Dennis Smith is more like Eric Dickerson, get your head right..

wimbo_pro
08-05-2010, 08:57 PM
The only "bad news" this season? We wont get a chance to beat the bergeebers outa Liberty Hill before the play offs.

garciap77
08-05-2010, 09:45 PM
The only "bad news" this season? We wont get a chance to beat the bergeebers outa Liberty Hill before the play offs.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Lol come on, y'all aren't Wylie :D :D :D

;)
You're right! They pay the refs more than Wylie. :devil: :p

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Well heck! You couldn't even manage that this past season when we were having a not so good year! :1popcorn:

wimbo_pro
08-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well heck! You couldn't even manage that this past season when we were having a not so good year! :1popcorn:

we were too focused on the play offs:p

TexanAlum_06
08-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Wimbo will you be at the scrimmage Saturday morning?

How did the move-in WR/DB from San Marcos look? I heard that he will help us out this year quite a bit.

Matthew328
08-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Lambert was the 3rd string QB for Aledo and starting LB for the Bearcats last year....GREAT athlete and big addition to Wimberley's squad...

His dad owns a chain of pizza joints in Fort Worth, but he's from that part of the world and he decided to open up a location in Central Texas and he found a place in Wimberley. I think the pizza place will be in San Marcos

garciap77
08-06-2010, 08:44 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:1popcorn:

WOS1
08-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Not trying to dissent, but nobody knows nuttin til the pads get on. Plain and simple...

LE Dad
08-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Well heck! You couldn't even manage that this past season when we were having a not so good year! :1popcorn: http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/gif/tumblr_l3rrl3WOsz1qzfux3.gif

wimbo_pro
08-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Wimbo will you be at the scrimmage Saturday morning?

How did the move-in WR/DB from San Marcos look? I heard that he will help us out this year quite a bit.

i think so...8am i'm told.

wimbo_pro
08-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Lambert was the 3rd string QB for Aledo and starting LB for the Bearcats last year....GREAT athlete and big addition to Wimberley's squad...

His dad owns a chain of pizza joints in Fort Worth, but he's from that part of the world and he decided to open up a location in Central Texas and he found a place in Wimberley. I think the pizza place will be in San Marcos

All this sounds accurate...at least from what I heard today.

wimbo_pro
08-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Not trying to dissent, but nobody knows nuttin til the pads get on. Plain and simple...

100% correct WOS1, which is why I was careful to not make any ridiculous predictions. We have seen teams with 4 or more D1 prospects not even make the play offs or lose in the 1st round, right?

But at this point, looking back over the years and taking into account last year, I think its safe to say we have the most talented team in at least 5 years...some say the most ever. I dunno about that...but we wont know anything about how good they REALLY are until mid-season at the earliest.

It's great to have excitement in the air around town again!!!

Matthew328
08-06-2010, 11:08 AM
All this sounds accurate...at least from what I heard today.

I try to be accurate...LOL

TexanAlum_06
08-06-2010, 11:41 AM
100% correct WOS1, which is why I was careful to not make any ridiculous predictions. We have seen teams with 4 or more D1 prospects not even make the play offs or lose in the 1st round, right?

But at this point, looking back over the years and taking into account last year, I think its safe to say we have the most talented team in at least 5 years...some say the most ever. I dunno about that...but we wont know anything about how good they REALLY are until mid-season at the earliest.

It's great to have excitement in the air around town again!!!

Im hearing some of the same... This will be our most talented team since 2006. I wouldn't say they are the most talented team ever... but then again im a little biased towards the 05 team ;)

They need to prove it on the field...

Old Tiger
08-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

His dad owns a chain of pizza joints in Fort Worth, but he's from that part of the world and he decided to open up a location in Central Texas and he found a place in Wimberley. I think the pizza place will be in San Marcos Whats the name of it?

Matthew328
08-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Bosses Pizza

WOS1
08-06-2010, 09:47 PM
We have seen teams with 4 or more D1 prospects not even make the play offs or lose in the 1st round, right?

I don't know anything about them not making the playoffs... but definitely seen 2 too many first round exits with talent laden teams. Good thing our prima-donnas have headed to greener pastures.

wimbo_pro
08-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't know anything about them not making the playoffs... but definitely seen 2 too many first round exits with talent laden teams. Good thing our prima-donnas have headed to greener pastures.

I wasn't speaking of Wimberley, WOS1. The most we have ever had was 2 or 3 D1 prospects in one year, which in that particular year, only one actually went D1 (for various reasons). But I can recall in the last 5 years, at least 3 teams that were PACKED with talent...I think one even had 7 D1 prospects...and didnt even make the play offs that year. It takes a team, right?

WOS1
08-06-2010, 10:55 PM
I wasn't speaking of Wimberley, WOS1. The most we have ever had was 2 or 3 D1 prospects in one year, which in that particular year, only one actually went D1 (for various reasons). But I can recall in the last 5 years, at least 3 teams that were PACKED with talent...I think one even had 7 D1 prospects...and didnt even make the play offs that year. It takes a team, right?

No, I know you weren't talking about Wimberley, but I WAS talking about WOS... We have had a few of those talented teams who under performed. And you are most definitely correct, it takes a team, thus my comment about prima-donnas.;)

wimbo_pro
08-06-2010, 11:08 PM
No, I know you weren't talking about Wimberley, but I WAS talking about WOS... We have had a few of those talented teams who under performed. And you are most definitely correct, it takes a team, thus my comment about prima-donnas.;)

So true WOS1...primo's dont help! Whats your thoughts on WOS this year?

WOS1
08-07-2010, 12:05 AM
It's another one of those years where we could be really good. Just depends if we play as a team or not. After seeing them today in pads I will say this will be the biggest team we've had in many years. We have some big boys out there and a bunch of them. We also don't have any players committed to Oklahoma or Texas going into the season. I think that tends to be a distraction. Like everyone now, we are hopeful.

CueroDad08
08-07-2010, 05:13 AM
After watching Cuero in pads friday, I would have to say August 27th will be a good test from what it sounds like. Cuero is very big this year as well. And will again have speed on both sides of the ball. Good luck to both teams, I can almost assure this will be the first of two meetings this year.

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
After watching Cuero in pads friday, I would have to say August 27th will be a good test from what it sounds like. Cuero is very big this year as well. And will again have speed on both sides of the ball. Good luck to both teams, I can almost assure this will be the first of two meetings this year.
Any chance of fog? :D

wimbo_pro
08-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08

Yep, Cuerodad...it should be a great game, even though its the first of the season. The next time we meet this year, it will be the last game of the season for one of us! I cannot make a prediction with any confidence...not because I dont think Wimberley is going to be a worthy opponent to anyone this year, but simply because you NEVER underestimate Cuero. I wish you guys were traveling here as opposed to us going there...going into the the Gobbler Coop is nothing to look forward to!

CueroDad08
08-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Yep, Cuerodad...it should be a great game, even though its the first of the season. The next time we meet this year, it will be the last game of the season for one of us! I cannot make a prediction with any confidence...not because I dont think Wimberley is going to be a worthy opponent to anyone this year, but simply because you NEVER underestimate Cuero. I wish you guys were traveling here as opposed to us going there...going into the the Gobbler Coop is nothing to look forward to!

Yes it will be very early in this first of two meetings this year. We will see who has the early season edge. But It will be two diff. teams come playoff time. The Gobblers always peak come playoff time.

wimbo_pro
08-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Not what I wanted to hear, Cuerodad. LOL