PDA

View Full Version : I Just Heard our POW's were Executed by Iraq

Phil C
03-24-2003, 09:40 AM
This is second hand information that someone told me was on British Television. If it is true I can't think of anything that would enrage the American people anymore and get us back to the anger we had right after 9-11-01.

Phil C
03-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Nothing has been posted on the internet news for almost two hours since I heard so hopefully it is a false report.

southern_thunder
03-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Been watching CNN since 8:30 am and they have said nothing about it.

sinton66
03-24-2003, 07:58 PM
I believe what you were hearing was about the original group taken. The video shown on Arab TV networks last night showed about seven dead and five live captives (one of which was a black female). The Pentagon reviewed the tape and said that at least three of the dead appeared to be from head shot executions. In addition to that, my boss told me today that he caught one report on some (NWI?) news network that actually showed a video of them being shot while already in captivity. I can't testify to that one, I haven't seen it, but I believe he did.

By the way guys, I think you'll get a lot better news from Fox News than CNN. I've switched, and I like Fox much better. They have a BUNCH of imbedded reporters riding with the Troops, and are getting instantaneous reports via video phones. Pretty good coverage!

<small>[ March 24, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

exbccards76'smom
03-24-2003, 08:18 PM
CNN was doing a good job until their team got kicked out of Iraq. Fox News is doing the number one job right now. Let's pray for our troops and support them 100%. God bless our troops and God bless the U.S.A.

sinton66
03-24-2003, 09:37 PM
This is the first time in history that reporters have been allowed to accompany the Troops. I think this is an effort by our government to show us and the world that they have absolutely nothing to hide. No secret wars, no prisoner torturing, no shenanigans of any kind. I think this was a stroke of genius, and have been glued to Fox News for days now. It certainly could get a little hairy over the next few days, but I am still thankful our government has chosen this open policy.

Ranger Mom
03-24-2003, 11:58 PM
I have been a FOX fan since the election!! I just have always remembered Rush Limbaugh saying CNN stood for "Clinton Nation Network" and seeing how I cannot stand Clinton - FoxNews is for me!

sinton66
03-25-2003, 12:12 AM
I hadn't heard that one, but I did switch because I feel CNN tends to "slant" the news they are reporting at times. I don't like that, just give me the facts please, I'll make up my own mind how to "feel" about what was reported.