PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre retires

crzyjournalist03
08-03-2010, 10:19 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gl3rMTzOOByD5HAsnYUHaEdy1NdQD9HC30R00

That's what the Vikings get for assuming that he'd be back.

Farmersfan
08-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gl3rMTzOOByD5HAsnYUHaEdy1NdQD9HC30R00

That's what the Vikings get for assuming that he'd be back.

The Vikes just took a huge step backwards if this is true!

Bullaholic
08-03-2010, 10:35 AM
1. Tearfull goodbye with entire life's story unfolded before media.

2. Two weeks later--"Nevermind"....:D

Farmersfan
08-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

2. Two weeks later--"Nevermind"....:D

Do you suppose this is just another ploy to get attention and possibly some more money?

pirate4state
08-03-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm glad I stopped watching Sportscenter!

DU_stud04
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM

2. Two weeks later--"Nevermind"....:D i surely hope so...... one more season brett, one more season!!!!!!!! :( :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Bullaholic
08-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i surely hope so...... one more season brett, one more season!!!!!!!! :( :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Seriously---I think Favre will be committing legacy "hari kiri" if he renigs on retirement again. I think he is gone for good this time.

crzyjournalist03
08-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Seriously---I think Favre will be committing legacy "hari kiri" if he renigs on retirement again. I think he is gone for good this time.

The timing of this one is what makes me think it's for good. He waited and waited to make a decision this year instead of rushing into it, and now with teams going into camp, he's decided he's out.

eagles_victory
08-03-2010, 11:45 AM
The timing of this one is what makes me think it's for good. He waited and waited to make a decision this year instead of rushing into it, and now with teams going into camp, he's decided he's out. Isn't this pretty much the same time he said he was done last year. But, I agree I think he is really done this time.

crzyjournalist03
08-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Isn't this pretty much the same time he said he was done last year. But, I agree I think he is really done this time.

Well, he retired in March last year, then the Vikings pursued him around this time and he turned them down before changing his mind at the end of camp.

eagles_victory
08-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Well, he retired in March last year, then the Vikings pursued him around this time and he turned them down before changing his mind at the end of camp. Yea that is what I what I was talking about.

AP Panther Fan
08-03-2010, 11:57 AM

I agree. Enough with all of the wishy washiness.....so long, Brett.

ivchris
08-03-2010, 12:06 PM
It's only Tuesday.....he still has 3-4 days left this week to unretire, retire and unretire again.

Phantom Stang
08-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Notice he did'nt say he was "retiring", but that he isn't returning to the Vikings. For that matter, being that this news is coming from a third party source, he can always claim that he really said he didn't "plan" to return.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
It's only Tuesday.....he still has 3-4 days left this week to unretire, retire and unretire again.

:eek:

LE Dad
08-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Sucks big time for Vikes!!

eagleqb_14
08-03-2010, 01:19 PM
aw man

eagles_victory
08-03-2010, 01:20 PM
If you are a Cowboys fan I don't see how this isn't good news.

Looking4number8
08-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm glad I stopped watching Sportscenter!
Honestly, I think the guys at ESPN are getting real tired of Favre and his retirments

lostaussie
08-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Honestly, I think the guys at ESPN are getting real tired of Favre and his retirments evidently not...........they doing a one hour special on him this afternoon.

AP Panther Fan
08-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If you are a Cowboys fan I don't see how this isn't good news.

Lol...that's what I am saying....woo hoo! :D

BullsFan
08-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Pffft. I'll believe it when I DON'T see him. Which cannot be soon enough for me. Meanwhile this is now the only story on ESPN.

Pick6
08-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Patrick Crayton: "Is that big news? It's every year. It's like Groundhog Day with him, isn't it? Nah, I'm not buying it at all. They've still got, what, a month left in training camp. Give him about a week and a half, he'll change his mind."

IHStangFan
08-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Who is this Bart Fernando you speak of?

Looking4number8
08-04-2010, 11:10 AM
ttt, cause now he is saying he is gonna play if he is heathly enough...

Gsquared
08-04-2010, 12:02 PM
I wish Farve would just go away, him and Labron James, both of em, just go away. Im tired of hearing you on my radio and seeing you on my TV. Media wh*res are all they are.

garciap77
08-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I wish Farve would just go away, him and Labron James, both of em, just go away. Im tired of hearing you on my radio and seeing you on my TV. Media wh*res are all they are.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

DU_stud04
08-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
ttt, cause now he is saying he is gonna play if he is heathly enough... i expect him to be suited up for the first game against the saints... and this would make me a very happy man. if not, its back to rooting for the defense.

eagles_victory
08-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I wish Farve would just go away, him and Labron James, both of em, just go away. Im tired of hearing you on my radio and seeing you on my TV. Media wh*res are all they are. You get tired of hearing about them for sure. But you can't really blame them that they are all ESPN talks about.

Farmersfan
08-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I saw where the Vikes have upped their over to Favre by 3 million with another 4 million in incentives. Mission accomplished Brett! Mission accomplished!

ivchris
08-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I told you yesterday, he still has plenty of days of this week left to retire and unretire, several times. He's an attention freak and somebody is getting a little more attention. He'll call a press conference by Friday to either say he's either retired of it's all a big rumor.

zebrablue2
08-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
I told you yesterday, he still has plenty of days of this week left to retire and unretire, several times. He's an attention freak and somebody is getting a little more attention. He'll call a press conference by Friday to either say he's either retired of it's all a big rumor.

he's gonna play 1 more year... take it to the bank!!!

LE Dad
08-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
he's gonna play 1 more year... take it to the bank!!! I think Farve is gonna take it to the bank. It looks like he is sticking it to the Vikings. He waited till the worst possible time then dropped retirement on the table.

Uncapped year + desperate team =$$$