PDA

View Full Version : What will the Bridgeport Bulls be like this year?

Bridgeport
08-03-2010, 09:14 AM
They seem to have lost a lot of talent in the past two years but they are also in a weaker district this year with the new realignment. Playoffs or not?

Bridgeport
08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Is it too early to start predicting for this season!?
C'mon two-a-days started yesterday!
Its officially football season! :D

Bullaholic
08-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Bridgeport
Is it too early to start predicting for this season!?
C'mon two-a-days started yesterday!
Its officially football season! :D

Most posters usually do not have a feel for other teams beyond their own---especially before the season, Bridgeport, so they don't just jump out and comment very readily.

I think the Bulls will definitely be in the playoff hunt again this season----don't have a feel for how deep yet, but I think we will have a better idea after we come thru the non-district schedule---some pretty good teams to play there. I think we can look for the "D" to be trying to fill some key positions lost to graduation, and those prospects look pretty good. The offense should be pretty good with the maturity of some of the players at WR, O line, and RB, plus a senior at QB. Overall, I think it is going to be another good season with the Bulls winning or challenging strongly for the District title, and we both know that Bulls fans will not get to sit down much at the games and we will all need strong hearts to hang on to the roller-coaster ride that is traditionally the Bulls. Good to see another Bridgeport poster on here, and hope that you can help to do us proud.

Bridgeport
08-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Yea its good to be on here with all you guys! I have heard that Bridgeport will be weak and then again I've heard they will win the district and make it one or two deep in November. However its only day two of the season, which is still way too early to tell.

I remember back in 2008 when the bulls were unbeatable they were not talked about very much until they won 6 straight games during the season.

Bridgeport
08-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Speaking of 2008 Bull Football I heard that the QB is going to play at a Divison II school in New Mexico? :clap:

BullsFan
08-03-2010, 09:09 PM
What? Threads about Bridgeport and Monahans on the front page and no reminder of the past from wtfootball?? What's up with that? You've even gone and referenced 2008, a year that will live in infamy.

Sweetwater Red
08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
What? Threads about Bridgeport and Monahans on the front page and no reminder of the past from wtfootball?? What's up with that? You've even gone and referenced 2008, a year that will live in infamy.

To this day Colin Jones put on a show that I'll never forget against
Monahans. I just wish he would've made the 2 pt. conversion. :(

BullsFan
08-03-2010, 10:15 PM
One of the hardest fought games I've ever seen played. Incredible effort by so many of our boys. I would say more, but I'm afraid *** really will come out of the woodwork. ;)

Bullaholic
08-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Both Bridgeport vs. Monahans games were classics. Two good programs with great fan support. Hope we get to play the Lobos again sometime. Ironic that both team's potentially best seasons were diminished by the loss of key players at critical times---and I certainly won't use this to take away from the teams who beat both later in the playoffs during those great seasons.

Bridgeport
08-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I agree. Both 2005 and 2008 Bridgeport teams had high powered offenses. However, both teams were also dealt with injuries that plagued them in the playoffs. 2008 was injury free until the Monahans game when both our QB and RB (Green Brothers) got hurt in the same game. Which then led to a loss to Liberty Hill in the quarterfinals... :devil:

BullsFan
08-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Bridgeport
Which then led to a loss to Liberty Hill in the quarterfinals... :devil:

I reeeeeally enjoyed the first half of that game.

Bridgeport
08-05-2010, 08:41 AM
I enjoyed it as well. Bridgeport was throwing the ball around out of the 5 wide set like Texas Tech. ;)

Bull_Guy
08-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I personally think the bulls have a shot at a deep playoff run. The offense will be almost unstoppable with a returning senior quarterback, with almost the whole offensive line is returning after proving themselves dominant last year. Returning an extremely fast runningback. Go-to receiver is a talented senior, with other receivers being talented and experienced. The defense....well there might be questions in the secondary but still oughta be pretty solid even after losing some key starters.

mwrams
08-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Mineral Wells will give them a run for the money this year in 7 3A