PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Mustangs

mustang84
08-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Well it's that time of year again and practice has started. I hope to see much improvement from last year. Should be a young team this year and lots of young kids starting. I saw that they moved a couple of kids up from the Freshman class up to play on the JV team to get them more experience faster.I cant wait to see how the teams start to settle in now with Coach Slaughter they really like him.

STANG RED
08-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by mustang84
Well it's that time of year again and practice has started. I hope to see much improvement from last year. Should be a young team this year and lots of young kids starting. I saw that they moved a couple of kids up from the Freshman class up to play on the JV team to get them more experience faster.I cant wait to see how the teams start to settle in now with Coach Slaughter they really like him.

I think they are still a year away from competing well with the good teams, but I expect much improvment over last year for sure. 2011 ought to be real good. 5-5 should be a reasonable expectation for this season IMO. I'm judging all this from what I saw last season however. Being 1200 miles away, I havent and wont get an oppertunity to see anything first hand till homecoming game, then it'll be a month later before I see them again.

mustang84
08-02-2010, 01:05 PM
The kids are stronger this year and will be much more prepared. One of their receivers looked really good today he caught almost every ball thrown his way. He is almost 6 foot 5 inches tall.

DU_stud04
08-02-2010, 01:19 PM
The kids are stronger this year and will be much more prepared. One of their receivers looked really good today he caught almost every ball thrown his way. He is almost 6 foot 5 inches tall. was this measurement taken at the skinny's down the street? i walked in there a while back and i was about 6'8'' there. it crushed my basketball dreams when i went to the 7-11 the next day and i was only 5'7'' there. that, and im really terrible at basketball.

Ranger Mom
08-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
was this measurement taken at the skinny's down the street? i walked in there a while back and i was about 6'8'' there. it crushed my basketball dreams when i went to the 7-11 the next day and i was only 5'7'' there. that, and im really terrible at basketball.

You aren't really only 5'7"...are you??

DU_stud04
08-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You aren't really only 5'7"...are you?? if it says that at 7-11 when you walk in, it must be true! =)

garciap77
08-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
if it says that at 7-11 when you walk in, it must be true! =)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

wildstangs
08-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I think they are still a year away from competing well with the good teams, but I expect much improvment over last year for sure. 2011 ought to be real good. 5-5 should be a reasonable expectation for this season IMO. I'm judging all this from what I saw last season however. Being 1200 miles away, I havent and wont get an oppertunity to see anything first hand till homecoming game, then it'll be a month later before I see them again.

I hope your right. Looking at the schedule, 5-5 looks good. Anything above that would be a huge achievement, and would probably put Sweetwater in the playoffs. In my opinion, the key is Big Spring. What kind of year is it going to be for Big Spring. If Sweetwater beats them, and catches Snyder or Brownwood off guard, that would put them as the third place team.

Stang Red, you get to see more games than I do this year. Our open week is the week Sweetwater is at Early. Of course our PTO likes to schedule school dances on our open week, so even that one is up in the air.

95mustang
08-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I hope your right. Looking at the schedule, 5-5 looks good. Anything above that would be a huge achievement, and would probably put Sweetwater in the playoffs. In my opinion, the key is Big Spring. What kind of year is it going to be for Big Spring. If Sweetwater beats them, and catches Snyder or Brownwood off guard, that would put them as the third place team.

Stang Red, you get to see more games than I do this year. Our open week is the week Sweetwater is at Early. Of course our PTO likes to schedule school dances on our open week, so even that one is up in the air.

I wouldn't count on Sweetwater catching Schnydr or Brownwood off guard this year. I do think Sweetwater will be much improved this year though. I also agree with Stang Red in that next year they should be much improved.

Phantom Stang
08-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Let's remember that this is High School Football, and by nature, last year's sophomores and juniors, have matured into this year's juniors and seniors respectively, who are bigger, stronger, and maybe even faster than they were last year. Also from what I hear, there will be some talented sophomores who will probably get a lot of playing time on varsity.

Still, there are variables such as off season conditioning, and the discipline to execute the coach's game plan without doubts in their heads, that can't be given a numerical value. If they've done and do well on these, then I think they can surprise a lot of "experts".

GO BIG RED!!!

wildstangs
08-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
I wouldn't count on Sweetwater catching Schnydr or Brownwood off guard this year. I do think Sweetwater will be much improved this year though. I also agree with Stang Red in that next year they should be much improved.

Not counting on it either....but stranger things have happened.

95mustang
08-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Not counting on it either....but stranger things have happened.

I agree with you on that one.

IrishTex
08-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Be real careful Red, you are gonna get accused of not being a Mustang Fan if you can't make every game every week.

Sweetwater Red
08-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Be real careful Red, you are gonna get accused of not being a Mustang Fan if you can't make every game every week.

Nah, he won't ever have to worry about that. :thumbsup:

STANG RED
08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

I'm not worried. I've got plenty of real Mustang Fan friends that will keep me well informed of every highlight and lowlight. And I'm sure I'll be on this site most every Friday night as well. I bet somebody will keep a game thread going.

mustang84
08-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Stang Red I will try and keep you informed. The kids look to really be ready to work hard and improve this year. Every morning so far the kids have been out on the field waiting for the coaches before it is time to start they are excited and ready to go. Coach told me if was a whole different attitude out there this year.

Rocket
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Good luck to the Stangs this year... I am sure this offseason will have provided much needed room for improvement. We are seeing the same benefits of having a full offseason under our belt over at Brownwood. It can do nothing but help.

mustang84
08-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Be sure and come check out the Red-White scrimmage tomorrow night at 8

Phantom Stang
08-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Be sure and come check out the Red-White scrimmage tomorrow night at 8
I won't be able to make it, but I'll be root'n long distance for the Mustangs!;)

mustang84
08-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey guys be sure and check out the pics and videos of the mustangs at www.sweetwaterstangs.darkbb.com

mustang84
08-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Well first day of pads and a starter goes down with a injury. Hopefully we dont have to many injuries. Hopefully he will be back in 6 to 8 weeks.