PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 0 GotW: #1 Lucas Lovejoy (12-2) @ #5 Argyle (12-1)

charlesrixey
08-01-2010, 06:01 PM
*rankings are regional

The new season starts off with a bang in 26 days!

DCTF and likely AP #1 Lucas Lovejoy has to travel to Argyle's home field to begin their season; Argyle won 9-3A outright last year before losing to Pleasant Grove in the third round. Lovejoy return almost everything from last year but Argyle, despite losses, returns some big playmakers of their own.

Lovejoy returns from a semifinal appearance in only its 2nd year; Argyle knows something about that, having reached the state championship in 2A in 2005 after less than five years in existence, falling to Newton 28-20. Should be quite an interesting game!

Farmersfan
08-02-2010, 07:36 AM
I think Argyle lost a lot from that impressive team last year. Lovejoy should handle their business in this one.

Lovejoy 35
Argyle 21

PPSTATEBOUND
08-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Argyle. :)

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Someone is getting a jump on the season!!!lol

I don't know very much about Argyle, but I know that, PGs Graves, QB scrambles killed them last year and QB scrambles are most of LL ground game. Gotta say LL in a close one.

charlesrixey
08-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Argyle lost a lot but they have tended to rebuild well, and they still have some good defensive pieces. Plus they have several pieces returning from their usually stout offense as well.

firstdown
08-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Still have bad dreams about the QB running wild on the boys last year. However that was last year, and I don't think Graves is playing for LJ. Don't overlook Argyle, I don't know anything about LJ except that they have some high expectations over there. Maybe poor little Argyle will find a way. Should be a great opening game.

garciap77
08-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Lovejoy!:)

Emerson1
08-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Lovejoy

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Someone is getting a jump on the season!!!lol

I don't know very much about Argyle, but I know that, PGs Graves, QB scrambles killed them last year and QB scrambles are most of LL ground game. Gotta say LL in a close one.

Hi LE Dad,
Of course you're partially right. However, Martin our RB had over 1200
yards, missing 4 games. Then with Michael's reads also need to be
ready for the pass, having over 2000yds there too. This is a heck of a way to start the season. I'm really excited about the possibilities. :clap:

Gsquared
08-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Hi LE Dad,
ready for the pass, having over 2000yds there too. This is a heck of a way to start the season. I'm really excited about the possibilities. :clap:
Im more excited about the Wylie/Lovejoy game. Think im gonna go ahead and get in line for tickets on Wednesday. Hahaha. Seriously, one of the best games on my schedule for the year!

PPSTATEBOUND
08-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Im more excited about the Wylie/Lovejoy game. Think im gonna go ahead and get in line for tickets on Wednesday. Hahaha. Seriously, one of the best games on my schedule for the year!

Wouldn't be suprised if Wylie smacks this bunch around.:)

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND

Hi PPstatebound,
Are you gonna be surprised if Wylie gets smacked?
It just might happen!;) :)

PPSTATEBOUND
08-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi PPstatebound,

Even more....:D

Gsquared
08-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I wouldnt be suprised either way. Ive seen Wylie step up as underdogs and take a ball game away by being real physical up front on Defense and letting linebackers and safeties have a field day mopping up.

ccmom
08-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi PPstatebound,

Considering Lovejoy should be the favorite going into all their games this season, why would he be surprised? :confused:

PPSTATEBOUND
08-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Considering Lovejoy should be the favorite going into all their games this season, why would he be surprised? :confused:

Only on Paper the returning starters and the hurendous loss to Farmersville last season should make any long time HS football follower very suspicious of this ranking.:)

Just sayin

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Only on Paper the returning starters and the hurendous loss to Farmersville last season should make any long time HS football follower very suspicious of this ranking.:)

Just sayin

We'll be playing Farmerville at our place this year. I think you'll see
a much different score this year!!:clap:

PPSTATEBOUND
08-02-2010, 10:57 AM

I would hope so.:)

Farmersfan
08-02-2010, 11:05 AM

You will be playing in Farmersville again this season Charlie47! And it seems to me the Lovejoy faithful have made this claim two years in a row now with a disappointing outcome.

Gsquared
08-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
You will be playing in Farmersville again this season Charlie47! And it seems to me the Lovejoy faithful have made this claim two years in a row now with a disappointing outcome.
Oh no, not in that vaunted "Onion Bowl" again!

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 01:29 PM

I checked and your right about us playing there again. I've never seen
it where one teams has to travel to the same place every year. OH
well, I guess you guys will be praying for another 7" rain, 37degrees
and 30 mile an hour wind. Are ya'll afraid to play away from home?

I also don't understand how you say that the Lovejoy faithful made any claims the 1st year that Lovejoy played you guys, there weren't any Lovejoy fans on here the 1st year. I joined the board again last year
and most of last year, I was the only Lovejoy fan. I've never done predictions at all.:confused: ;)

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Still have bad dreams about the QB running wild on the boys last year. However that was last year, and I don't think Graves is playing for LJ. Don't overlook Argyle, I don't know anything about LJ except that they have some high expectations over there. Maybe poor little Argyle will find a way. Should be a great opening game. No, Means doesn't have the speed of Graves, but he picks up 7+ yds to keep drives alive. Argyle will have to find some way to account for him while keeping receivers covered. I think if you can slow Means desire to scramble that things could swing Argyles way. That is why I think it could be close.

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 02:20 PM
No, Means doesn't have the speed of Graves, but he picks up 7+ yds to keep drives alive. Argyle will have to find some way to account for him while keeping receivers covered. I think if you can slow Means desire to scramble that things could swing Argyles way. That is why I think it could be close.

Hi LE Dad,
You keep saying Michael is slow, but he's listed at 4.4. Yardage is yardage no matter how he gets it.;)

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi LE Dad,
ready for the pass, having over 2000yds there too. This is a heck of a way to start the season. I'm really excited about the possibilities. :clap: Charlie, looks like the Leopards have their work cut out for them with one heck of a non district schedule. This first game should tell alot about what to expect from the O line. Of course its not gloom and doom if they lose a couple of early games as long as the line is learning and improving. I can see LL going a ways in the playoffs as long as that line is clicking by the time district rolls around.

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi LE Dad,
You keep saying Michael is slow, but he's listed at 4.4. Yardage is yardage no matter how he gets it.;)

:D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: ...

;)

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi LE Dad,
You keep saying Michael is slow, but he's listed at 4.4. Yardage is yardage no matter how he gets it.;) Means is not slow, but he is not 4.4 either. Antonio Graves is a 4.4 guy easily.
Just because Means is not the fastest doesn't make him slow.

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Means is not slow, but he is not 4.4 either. Antonio Graves is a 4.4 guy easily.

Actually he's "listed" at 4.6 ;) :D

All kidding aside, Means was as good as Graves was last year, so there is no telling how fun he'll be to watch this year. :D

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by fresh-j

All kidding aside, Means was as good as Graves was last year, so there is no telling how fun he'll be to watch this year. :D As good?? Antonio led PG in tackles, while playing a hybrid LB/SS position on top of putting the offense on his shoulders. He was that whole team. Means is good and offensively he may be comparable to Graves but speedwise and overall no way. Yeah and I would say means is in 4.6 range. He should be fun to watch.

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 03:01 PM
As good?? Antonio led PG in tackles, while playing a hybrid LB/SS position on top of putting the offense on his shoulders. He was that whole team. Means is good and offensively he may be comparable to Graves but speedwise and overall no way. Yeah and I would say means is in 4.6
range. He should be fun to watch.

graves was the one listed at 4.6 :rolleyes: anyways. Graves was not "The Whole team" no one ever is, nope not even people from Brownwood. Lucas wacha was one of the best MLBs in 3A :D

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 03:17 PM

All kidding aside, Means was as good as Graves was last year, so there is no telling how fun he'll be to watch this year. :D

Sorry, it's 4.4. You'll just have to argue it with Coach.;)

Farmersfan
Charlie, looks like the Leopards have their work cut out for them with one heck of a non district schedule. This first game should tell alot about what to expect from the O line. Of course its not gloom and doom if they lose a couple of early games as long as the line is learning and improving. I can see LL going a ways in the playoffs as long as that line is clicking by the time district rolls around.

I think we will all know a lot more about the Lovejoy team after the predistrict schedule this season. The last couple of years they have had a relatively easy predistrict schedule. (not to mention perhaps one of the easiest district schedules in perhaps the entire region II). Means and Martin amassed some very impressive numbers against teams like Sanger, Melissa, Lake Worth, Pottsboro, Princeton, Community, Rains, Quinlan Ford and of course Farmersville. Although they did become much, much more competitive as the season went on it was no doubt a pretty easy road. This season won't be the case. Could be a very interesting year.

LE Dad
graves was the one listed at 4.6 :rolleyes: anyways. Graves was not "The Whole team" no one ever is, nope not even people from Brownwood. Lucas wacha was one of the best MLBs in 3A :D Fresh J, Fresh J, Fresh J... I think the people at Argyle might disagree with you on that and maybe some folks at Farmersville too. I know one at LE that does...lol
I saw Graves and Means; Graves will give you nightmares on both sides of the ball. Means can hurt you on the O side, and no way is he faster than Graves.

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Fresh J, Fresh J, Fresh J... I think the people at Argyle might disagree with you on that and maybe some folks at Farmersville too. I know one at LE that does...lol
I saw Graves and Means; Graves will give you nightmares on both sides of the ball. Means can hurt you on the O side, and no way is he faster than Graves.

LE Dad LE Dad LE Dad... Just because graves is from East Texas doesn't mean he's automatically the best ;). Oh and btw. Graves wasn't the leading tackler :rolleyes:

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Sorry, it's 4.4. You'll just have to argue it with Coach.;)

I was talking bout graves ;)

Farmersfan
08-02-2010, 03:33 PM
I checked and your right about us playing there again. I've never seen
it where one teams has to travel to the same place every year. OH
well, I guess you guys will be praying for another 7" rain, 37degrees
and 30 mile an hour wind. Are ya'll afraid to play away from home?

I also don't understand how you say that the Lovejoy faithful made any claims the 1st year that Lovejoy played you guys, there weren't any Lovejoy fans on here the 1st year. I joined the board again last year
and most of last year, I was the only Lovejoy fan. I've never done predictions at all.:confused: ;)

Wow Charlie47! In case you didn't know, BOTH teams had to play on the same wet field. And the field was wet and muddy but it wasn't cold and the wind wasn't blowing. You can blame the weather if you chose to but the exact same kids from Farmersville beat the Leopards IN LUCAS pretty badly as juniors in 08'/09.
The Farmers will be returning only a handful of regulars this season so if ever there was a chance a team with 4A numbers to beat a team with 2A numbers it will this season. And yes I do pray for rain again. If you guys can't win on a wet field then you really aren't the best team.

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 03:35 PM
LE Dad LE Dad LE Dad... Just because graves is from East Texas doesn't mean he's automatically the best ;). Oh and btw. Graves wasn't the leading tackler :rolleyes: The last time he was any concern to me he was the leading tackler. I saw both of these kids last year twice did you. If not on what are you basing your assumption... Magazine articles?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BLACK ATTACK
08-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Well....my son played in that game, and trust me when I say Graves was the whole team. He was good enough to single-handily dismantle an Argyle defense that some other pretty good teams had struggled with. PG doesn't win 5 games last year without him!

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 03:41 PM
The last time he was any concern to me he was the leading tackler. I saw both of these kids last year twice did you. If not on what are you basing your assumption... Magazine articles?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I saw both of them in there losing performances in the playoffs. LL against Wylie (lost by 4) then Wylie gets state runner up. PG against Pitt (lost by 21). And I didn't get nightmares from Graves defense when 55 was put up? :rolleyes:

Farmersfan
08-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Fresh J, Fresh J, Fresh J... I think the people at Argyle might disagree with you on that and maybe some folks at Farmersville too. I know one at LE that does...lol

Graves was certainly the biggest part of the PG team. Although the Farmers did a masterful job of containing him he still managed enough to win. Each player had their own style and the teams around them were suited to each style. Means lost a awful lot of that huge O-line and I really don't expect that they can replace a bunch of 2 or 3 year starters with first year starters. As far which one was the better QB........Who knows! I think Graves has/had a better chance of playing at the next level.

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 03:44 PM
I think this should be the final statement.. The better QB.. was...

Jaxon Shipley :D

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Wow Charlie47! In case you didn't know, BOTH teams had to play on the same wet field. And the field was wet and muddy but it wasn't cold and the wind wasn't blowing. You can blame the weather if you chose to but the exact same kids from Farmersville beat the Leopards IN LUCAS pretty badly as juniors in 08'/09.
The Farmers will be returning only a handful of regulars this season so if ever there was a chance a team with 4A numbers to beat a team with 2A numbers it will this season. And yes I do pray for rain again. If you guys can't win on a wet field then you really aren't the best team.

Hey Farmerfan,
You're correct about the weather. Would you agree that we don't play the same game? Who do you honestly think would have won if played at the end of the season? :confused: ;)

garciap77
08-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Means is not slow, but he is not 4.4 either. Antonio Graves is a 4.4 guy easily.

He is 4.42 01/2010! That's final!

http://www.site.michaelmeans16.com/Bio.html

Don't let that THUG (LEDad) talk you down Charlie!!!:D

;)

P.S. Antonio Graves: http://rivals.yahoo.com/louisianatech/football/recruiting/player-Antonio-Graves-96380 :p

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 03:56 PM
I saw both of them in there losing performances in the playoffs. LL against Wylie (lost by 4) then Wylie gets state runner up. PG against Pitt (lost by 21). And I didn't get nightmares from Graves defense when 55 was put up? :rolleyes: Maybe Graves defense was a little off that night because he scored on 2 long special team touchdowns and saved a long TD run by running the back down from behind?? That PG/Pitt game was anybodys game until Graves got wore down in the 4th qtr. I don't believe my statement was "Graves D would give you nightmares" my statement was Graves "was the whole team"

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Maybe Graves defense was a little off that night because he scored on 2 long special team touchdowns and saved a long TD run by running the back down from behind?? That PG/Pitt game was anybodys game until Graves got wore down in the 4th qtr. I don't believ my statement was "Graves D would give you nightmares" my statement was Graves "was the whole team"

"Graves will give you nightmares" same difference :D And he wasn't the whole team. Just like if someone looked at LE and said well that one RB Tra Carson is the whole offence..One player is never the whole team believe it or not buddy :rolleyes:

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

;)

P.S. Antonio Graves: http://rivals.yahoo.com/louisianatech/football/recruiting/player-Antonio-Graves-96380 :p

Thank you! :D :cool:

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 04:06 PM

;)

P.S. Antonio Graves: http://rivals.yahoo.com/louisianatech/football/recruiting/player-Antonio-Graves-96380 :p Means has his own website!!! Thats funny.... C'mon GP77 or Pilar or whoever. :doh: :devil:

garciap77
08-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Means has his own website!!! Thats funny.... C'mon GP77 or Pilar or whoever. :doh: :devil:

:D

THUG!!!!!!!;)

garciap77
08-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Thank you! :D :cool:

:cool:

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 04:16 PM

11/20/2009 Lucas Lovejoy vs Liberty-Eylau
Michael Means:
281 yds rushing; 5 TDs
102 yds passing
383 yds Total:clap: :clap: ;)
Purty fair game, I rest my case
Slow or fast, it's OK!;)

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Michael Means:
281 yds rushing; 5 TDs
102 yds passing
Slow or fast, it's OK!;)

Bingo! :D :clap: :)

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 04:20 PM

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Michael Means:
281 yds rushing; 5 TDs
102 yds passing
Slow or fast, it's OK!;) and you rest mine he is the whole offense.:D If he goes out, I hope you have a plan B.

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Bingo! :D :clap: :)

:cool: Correct Means is comparble to Graves on offense only. Graves plays all 3 offense, defense and special teams.:D

by the way that was a 1pt overtime victory that was 1 bad decison away from being a 1 point loss. 14 points were given up by Lovejoy because the QB couldn't handle the center exchange. :cool:

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Correct Means is comparble to Graves on offense only. Graves plays all 3 offense, defense and special teams.:D

by the way that was a 1pt overtime victory that was 1 bad decison away from being a 1 point loss. 14 points were given up by Lovejoy because the QB couldn't handle the center exchange. :cool:

42-41 :D :D :D

His team went farther than Graves'

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 04:36 PM
and you rest mine he is the whole offense.:D If he goes out, I hope you have a plan B.

He wasn't exactly, 2 receivers at 1000 yds, Martin at 1200 yds rushing,
missing 4 games. We do have plan B. Like most teams, injuries can claim a good year. Our back-up is a Soph. Like all teams we have to play with
what we have. Win or lose, we'll do the best with what we have on the field at that time.;)

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 04:40 PM
42-41 :D :D :D

His team went farther than Graves'

:cool: His team didn't play Pitt, who, had Burns and Manley been healthy could be bragging about an SC today. :D

Like I said on another thread if we meet Lovejoy again the result will be much different.:eek: :D

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 04:46 PM
His team didn't play Pitt, who, had Burns and Manley been healthy could be bragging about an SC today. :D

Like I said on another thread if we meet Lovejoy again the result will be much different.:eek: :D

Burns was OR, Manley was a big strong kid, wouldn't be bragging about a SC that's for sure, and the O line was one of the fattest O lines I've ever seen, that's why Graham's D line (195, 200, 200, 205) had their way with them because they literlly couldn't move :D

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Correct Means is comparble to Graves on offense only. Graves plays all 3 offense, defense and special teams.:D

You keep bringing up the mistakes, do you understand that it's not always
the QB's mistake. I will continue to be proud of Michael, you guys can
keep saying how bad he is. Do you really want to keep up the crap, I repeat, 383 yds, 5td's.

Do you honestly think we would be afraid to play you guys again, come on be real!! Please refresh my memory, who won? I don't know about you,
I'll take an overtime win, I guess you wouldn't take an overtime win?;)

ccmom
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM

Just sayin That's pretty much what I was alluding to. They were GOOD last year...REALLY good...right up until the point where they took off their helmets in celebration with 2 minutes left in the semi-final game. It turns out, those were the last 2 minutes of their season. Confidence is a great thing, but pre-season hype can also leave you a bit too confident. We'll see how they handle the pressure.
:)

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Burns was OR, Manley was a big strong kid, wouldn't be bragging about a SC that's for sure,

:cool: What:confused: :confused:

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 04:56 PM
That's pretty much what I was alluding to. They were GOOD last year...REALLY good...right up until the point where they took off their helmets in celebration with 2 minutes left in the semi-final game. It turns out, those were the last 2 minutes of their season. Confidence is a great thing, but pre-season hype can also leave you a bit too confident. We'll see how they handle the pressure.

Hi CCmom,
We will look forward to meeting you fine folks here in Lucas. Please let me know if I can help with any info you need. I haven't made any predictions about our game and certainly haven't talk smack with you folks! ;) :D

BTW, was it preseason hype about us in Dec. last year? We had to work hard to get where we were. No one knew anything about us. Please let's be friends.;)

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 04:58 PM
What:confused: :confused:

A. Burns was OR, O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D
B. Manley was a big strong kid, umm he was a big strong kid? :confused:
C. wouldn't be bragging about a SC that's for sure, they weren't as good as Carthage, Graham, or dare I say the Pleasant Grove Hawks.. Oh wait that's not a team.. The Antonio Graves :rolleyes:

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 05:02 PM
You keep bringing up the mistakes, do you understand that it's not always
the QB's mistake. I will continue to be proud of Michael, you guys can
keep saying how bad he is. Do you really want to keep up the crap, I repeat, 383 yds, 5td's.

Do you honestly think we would be afraid to play you guys again, come on be real!! Please refresh my memory, who won? I don't know about you,
I'll take an overtime win, I guess you wouldn't take an overtime win?;) 1st was all Means 2nd one snap was a bit high but instead of falling on it he tried to do something. I never said Means was slow never said Means was bad. I think I have actually said Means was good on quite a few occasions. Just because I don't think he is the be all end all don't go assuming that means, Means (yeah I meant that) is bad.:rolleyes: :D

The next time I see a team that is afraid to play will be the first time, but that will not change my opinon that the outcome will be much, much different.:cool:

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 05:06 PM
1st was all Means 2nd one snap was a bit high but instead of falling on it he tried to do something. I never said Means was slow never said Means was bad. I think I have actually said Means was good on quite a few occasions. Just because I don't think he is the be all end all don't go assuming that means, Means (yeah I meant that) is bad.:rolleyes: :D

The next time I see a team that is afraid to play will be the first time, but that will not change my opinon that the outcome will be much, much different.:cool:

Best wishes this year!
:) :clap:

ccmom
08-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi CCmom,
We will look forward to meeting you fine folks here in Lucas. Please let me know if I can help with any info you need. I haven't made any predictions about our game and certainly haven't talk smack with you folks! ;) :D

BTW, was it preseason hype about us in Dec. last year? We had to work hard to get where we were. No one knew anything about us. Please let's be friends.;) . Uh no, it wasn't pre-season hype last year. :rolleyes: My point is that THIS year your boys DO have a lot to live up to. Nobody knew who y'all were last year, and if you don't live up to the hype THIS year, no one will know or care next year. :D

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 05:11 PM
A. Burns was OR, O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D
B. Manley was a big strong kid, umm he was a big strong kid? :confused:
C. wouldn't be bragging about a SC that's for sure, they weren't as good as Carthage, Graham, or dare I say the Pleasant Grove Hawks.. Oh wait that's not a team.. The Antonio Graves :rolleyes: Burns was a fantastic back, I think on a bad ankle or 2 he might not have been a speed burner but over rated not hardly. I am sure he would not have been touted by a Texarkana writer as the best back in Northeast Texas if he were and with over 40 years of watching HS football I think you know whos opinion might mean more to me.

Not better than PG?? Beat em twice... PG was the #3 team in D16, due in large part to Graves.
Manley you nailed it he may be the top 3A QB this year.:cool:

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 05:14 PM
. Uh no, it wasn't pre-season hype last year. :rolleyes: My point is that THIS year your boys DO have a lot to live up to. Nobody knew who y'all were last year, and if you don't live up to the hype THIS year, no one will know or care next year. :D

Well I guess we'll just have to wait until the end of Dec. I know that
we have a new line to bring along. I know that Wylie needs a few youngsters to step up too.

Again, I'll look forward to our game. If I can help, I'll be happy to help. :)

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Burns was a fantastic back, I think on a bad ankle or 2 he might not have been a speed burner but over rated not hardly. I am sure he would not have been touted by a Texarkana writer as the best back in Northeast Texas if he were and with over 40 years of watching HS football I think you know whos opinion might mean more to me.

Not better than PG?? Beat em twice... PG was the #3 team in D16, due in large part to Graves.
Manley you nailed it he may be the top 3A QB this year.:cool:

Umm..Huh? :confused:

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Best wishes this year!
:) :clap: and to Lovejoy as well.:thumbsup:

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Umm..Huh? :confused: Keep trying and you'll figure it out.:p :cool:

I think:confused: :confused:

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Keep trying and you'll figure it out.:p :cool:

I think:confused: :confused:

Nope, everything you say is just too good, too smart, goes way over my head :confused: :confused:

:rolleyes:

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Nope, everything you say is just too good, too smart, goes way over my head :confused: :confused:

:rolleyes:

:D I would think team A beating team B twice would be simple enough. :thinking:

You stated PG was better than Pitt correct??
Pitt beat PG twice the second time with a hobbled Burns. Burns was widley considered
the best back in Northeast Texas by many people, thats the reason he is at SAU right now.

you seeing him, playing injured, in one game and saying overrated??? Ummmm sure. :thumbsup:

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM
I would think team A beating team B twice would be simple enough. :thinking:

You stated PG was better than Pitt correct??
Pitt beat PG twice the second time with a hobbled Burns. Burns was widley considered
the best back in Northeast Texas by many people, thats the reason he is at SAU right now.

you seeing him, playing injured, in one game and saying overrated??? Ummmm sure. :thumbsup:

If he's the best back in NE Texas why is he only going to SAU? I guess everyone is right NE is overrated :thinking:

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
If he's the best back in NE Texas why is he only going to SAU? I guess everyone is right NE is overrated :thinking: Probably because he is undersized...and how many titles does NE Texas have again?? I think that speaks for itself. :D

Whats the old saying Titles talk and BS walks??:wave: :wave:

Emerson1
08-02-2010, 05:49 PM
LL by 21

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Probably because he is undersized...and how many titles does NE Texas have again?? I think that speaks for itself. :D

Whats the old saying Titles talk and BS walks??:wave: :wave:

How many did he have?:thinking:

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 05:58 PM
How many did he have?:thinking: I think you said NE Texas...:p

What had happened:confused: :confused:
Those fingers outtype the brain...lol:clap: :clap:

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I think you said NE Texas...:p

What had happened:confused: :confused:
Those fingers outtype the brain...lol:clap: :clap:

I think you said Probably because HE is undersized... :p

I think you trying to focus on all your "INCREDIBLE" All star, future D1 players, Jr olympians and arguing gives you a head ache. Lol :D

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I think you said Probably because HE is undersized... :p

I think you trying to focus on all your "INCREDIBLE" All star, future D1 players, Jr olympians and arguing gives you a head ache. Lol :D

:cool: Hey Fresh J NE Texas says:wave: :wave: :wave:

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey Fresh J NE Texas says:wave: :wave: :wave:

:wave:

This is how loud LEs playoff games have been the past couple of years!!! :sleeping: :speech:

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 06:36 PM

This is how loud LEs playoff games have been the past couple of years!!! :sleeping: :speech: :wave: :wave: :wave:

fresh-j
08-02-2010, 06:38 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

garciap77
08-02-2010, 09:04 PM

garciap77
08-02-2010, 09:06 PM
That's pretty much what I was alluding to. They were GOOD last year...REALLY good...right up until the point where they took off their helmets in celebration with 2 minutes left in the semi-final game. It turns out, those were the last 2 minutes of their season. Confidence is a great thing, but pre-season hype can also leave you a bit too confident. We'll see how they handle the pressure.

ccmom I need to fix your sign this coming year, I'm tried of seeing Black Magic in the background!:D :D :D

;)

Charlie47
08-02-2010, 09:21 PM
ccmom I need to fix your sign this coming year, I'm tried of seeing Black Magic in the background!:D :D :D

;)

:stirpot: ;) ;)

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave: :evilgrin:

LE Dad
08-02-2010, 09:24 PM

;) :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
08-02-2010, 09:28 PM
:stirpot: ;) ;)

;)

ccmom
08-02-2010, 09:34 PM

;) Feel free!!!

garciap77
08-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Feel free!!!

Do you see him in "yellow jacket" walking behind the Synder Tiger?

P.S. Look at far upper rigth corner of your sign.

charlesrixey
08-12-2010, 11:58 AM
ttt

LE Dad
08-21-2010, 03:27 PM
My what a difference a couple of weeks make. The dread "O" label has hit Lovejoy and Argyle from what I hear is looking solid. This game could be a shootout to the end.

Rocket
08-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

Seriously? You know Wylie has 3 returning starters, right?

bigwood33
08-21-2010, 08:13 PM
As good?? Antonio led PG in tackles, while playing a hybrid LB/SS position on top of putting the offense on his shoulders. He was that whole team. Means is good and offensively he may be comparable to Graves but speedwise and overall no way. Yeah and I would say means is in 4.6 range. He should be fun to watch.

Where did Graves end up going? QB and MLB is quite a combination. I had heard that he was a stud.

ccmom
08-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Seriously? You know Wylie has 3 returning starters, right? Maybe if we had an awesome coaching staff, a winning tradition, and players ready to step up and fill the holes, we might have a chance. Oh wait.... :doh:

LE Dad
08-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Where did Graves end up going? QB and MLB is quite a combination. I had heard that he was a stud. Try being voted to all district team as both! Antonio is a solid, well thought of kid, he ended up going to TCU.

Rocket
08-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Maybe if we had an awesome coaching staff, a winning tradition, and players ready to step up and fill the holes, we might have a chance. Oh wait.... :doh:

Until you prove it, it's all speculation. In the past, you guys have done well. Odds are for it, but to beat LL or even be able to hang? It is a BIG adjustment from JV to play the best the state has to offer. Just sayin'.

No doubt your players are ready to step up. LOL but your coach went out and did something kinda weird. He scheduled top notch programs with a team that has no varsity experience. I have seen this before, and it can go 2 ways, one way is you get alot of injuries and get your pride hurt bad because you lose over and over again, or you do well and hang and get better. Your kids better have some strong character because it will get very frustrating to take a bad beating early on. I think you guys will do well. Wylie always does. But there is a chance that this might not fair well...We shall see.

ccmom
08-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Until you prove it, it's all speculation. You should say this to yourself at least 10 times a day, while popping yourself with a rubber band on your wrist. It might help....;)

LE Dad
08-21-2010, 11:22 PM
You should say this to yourself at least 10 times a day, while popping yourself with a rubber band on your wrist. It might help....;) ROFL!!!! :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
08-24-2010, 12:51 PM

IHStangFan
08-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Lovejoy ......by 13

PHOP
08-25-2010, 01:46 PM
LL should win this contest as Argyle is not the team they were last year...good luck to both sides.

firstdown
08-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Mr. PHOP what's going on in P-land. Why the all the coaching changes? Is there trouble in paradise?

lostaussie
08-26-2010, 02:15 PM
HERE IT IS:D

44INAROW
08-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
HERE IT IS:D

LOL Lost - the eyesight is one of the 1st things to go :D

lostaussie
08-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
LOL Lost - the eyesight is one of the 1st things to go :D yep................and I think I'm figuring out the 2nd thing to go also:D

lostaussie
08-26-2010, 03:05 PM
BTW.............I got Argyle in this one..................cause a little birdy told me so. He is usually in the know. Good luck too both teams!!

PHOP
08-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Mr. PHOP what's going on in P-land. Why the all the coaching changes? Is there trouble in paradise?

Defensive coordinator was a good man in and out of football - he left to be close to his home and we wish him all the best – he will be missed. The rest of the changes were positives. I like the new bunch tomorrow’s game will be the first of many tests. I am not up to speed on the rest of the teams in 3A but Prosper has a very challenging schedule this year- some say too challenging, jury is still out in my book. All I can say let’s get started already!

firstdown
08-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by PHOP
Defensive coordinator was a good man in and out of football - he left to be close to his home and we wish him all the best – he will be missed. The rest of the changes were positives. I like the new bunch tomorrow’s game will be the first of many tests. I am not up to speed on the rest of the teams in 3A but Prosper has a very challenging schedule this year- some say too challenging, jury is still out in my book. All I can say let’s get started already!

For the record the coach you guys got from us is a great guy, and a great coach. Good luck to you guys this year...except when we meet. ;)

OldNavy
08-27-2010, 05:45 PM
I think this is a good game. I will go with Argyle in a close one.

charlesrixey
08-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Lovejoy blocks the FG attempt from 38 yards. Leopard ball, halfway through the first

charlesrixey
08-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Lovejoy 7, Argyle 0 still in the first after a long pass and Michael Means runs it in