PDA

View Full Version : Districts 27 and 28 matching up in first round...

Gobbla2001
11-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Cuero and Wharton is a done deal for the first round, and the game will most-likely (this is coming from me, no one else, just my opinion) be in Victoria, but we'll see...

I forget who is going D2 with Rice (or who the prospects are) from 28, so all I can tell you is what I know about 27...

Cuero has clinched and Hallettsville has clinched, but with Yoakum (and the rest of us from around this area) being schocked by Luling 25-24 last night, it is STILL not set on how the D2 seeding will go...

Goliad's out, Gonzales is out and Hallettsville has clinched... Cuero is for sure going D1 and Hallettsville is for sure going D2, but at what seed?

IF Yoakum beats Hallettsville this Friday night, they will also be counting on a win by Cuero over Luling to send them into the playoffs as D2's top seed, which would put Hallettsville in D2 as the second seed... But if Cuero loses to Luling EVEN IF Yoakum were to defeat Hallettsville, Luling would go into the playoffs as the second seed in D2 putting Hallettsville as the 1st seed...

If Hallettsville does beat Yoakum this Friday night, no matter the outcome of the Luling/Cuero contest, Luling will enter the D2 playoffs as the second seed still, and Hallettsville as the first seed still...

What a mess this has become...

My prediction?

Yoakum wins, Cuero wins...

Yoakum's the first seed and H'Ville the second...

bulldog94
11-01-2003, 10:23 PM
Actually, Gonzales still has a chance to get in. If Gonzales, Halletsville, and Cuero all win, Gonzales is in as the D-I representative. Cuero would be the D-II #1 seed with Halletsville being the 2nd seed. The way that would work is by the positive points system. If that scenerio would happen, Luling, Yoakum, and Gonzales would all be 2-3. Gonzales would then make the playoffs.

Cuero and Halletsville have clinched playoff spots.

Wharton is D-I seed out of 28 3A and Rice is the #1 D-II seed. The Needville/Edna winner will claim the last spot.

Gobbla2001
11-01-2003, 10:28 PM
Dang, I think you may have got me on that one...

I was thinking Gonzo was out of it for sure, but that points thing comes in...

Dang, the paper said a Cuero win would seal up D1...

bulldog94
11-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Yoakum is now in a must win situation. I believe they are playing at home against Halletsville ths week.

Gobbla2001
11-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Yah, that's gunna be a tough game for H'Ville to win because they're already in the playoffs and Yoakum's fighting to get in...

Do you know how that points system works, btw?

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

bd62
11-01-2003, 11:47 PM
as usual 273a down to last game for a couple of playoff stop. week 9 of this dist. allways has something happen to mess it up. last year gonzales upset cuero when they were undefeated in dist. and changed the whole picture. this year luling upset yoakum. bottom line yoakum knows what it needs to do.yoakum will have to play an excellent game to beat hallettsville. i really think that cuero will have a strong showing against luling to have a positive outlook for playoffs.luling will be very high for this game so anything can happen.

cjeffsjeep
11-06-2003, 11:17 AM
so what would happen ig Gonzo cuero and yokum all loose

Old Green
11-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Cuero will still be in the Play offs as Division 1 rep. if they lose.

If Gonzales loses they are out and Luling is in.

If Yoakum loses they are out.Hallettsville in.

Correct me If I am wrong on this.

<small>[ November 06, 2003, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Old Green ]</small>

Old Green
11-06-2003, 01:00 PM
cjeffsjeep:
so what would happen ig Gonzo cuero and yokum all looseI see you are from Cuero. Welcome aboard.