PDA

View Full Version : Hillsboro 31 Gatesville 28

AAAfan
09-28-2002, 10:48 AM
Anyone who left the game at the end of the 3rd quarter was suprised when they picked up the paper this morning. After trailing 14-0 at half and 28-12 in the fourth quarter, Hillsboro's confidence turned a major corner as they came back on a very good Gatesville Hornet team.

Gatesville held the upperhand at halftime, and it looked like the Eagle defense was not going to be able to stop the Hornets RB, Thayer, but the Eagles broke out a controlled passing game in the second half and mixed in some impressive carries by RB, Richual Massey, as the Eagles stormed back. Hillsboro scored 3 TDs in the final 6+ minutes of the fourth quarter, thanks to a couple Gatesville mistakes, and pulled out a 31-28 victory.

While a lot of credit goes to the Eagle offense for racking up points late, the unsung heroe was the Eagle defense. The Eagles recovered a Gatesville fumble midway through the fourth quarter and later stopped Gatesville on a fourth and two on their own 40 yard line.

I want to congratulate both teams on a well played football game. There were no losers on the field Friday night. Gatesville has a very good football team who will surely bounce back next week.

Matthew 328, I think the Eagles found the "heart" they had been lacking.

[This message has been edited by AAAfan (edited September 28, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by AAAfan (edited September 28, 2002).]

Old Cardinal
09-28-2002, 02:51 PM
Looks like Hillsboro has turned the corner and is ready to play some head-up football. I was not at all surprised to see them take Gatesville, but I was surprised to see them get beat in the earlier season games.

Swarm 51
09-28-2002, 11:50 PM
AAAFan, I am a devoted Gatesville Hornet fan, but must admit that you have every right to be proud of your Hillsboro Eagles. The team proved they wanted the win more than the Hornets. The Eagles deserve all the credit and praise for coming back after half-time, holding the Hornets scoreless and end the game on a winning note. The Hornets seemed out of sync at times, but that is no excuse for their loss. The best team won and good luck to the Eagles in their future games.