PDA

View Full Version : Best seafood?

big daddy russ
07-31-2010, 04:17 AM
Where's the best seafood you've eaten? Like I said on the CFS thread, it's one of those foods that's either fantastic or terrible. There's just not much in-between for me.

Personally, I love Shells in Port Aransas and Mark's 1658 in Houston.

Willie G's in Galveston, Pelican's Landing in Port Aransas, Crab N in City by the Sea, and the Yardarm in Corpus Christi are also good.

Spread It Out
07-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Any Pappadeaux. The one in Fort Worth sticks out in my mind though; place is fantastic.

bigwood33
07-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Water Street in Corpus is a favorite of mine.

LH_Tuff
07-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Any Pappadeaux. The one in Fort Worth sticks out in my mind though; place is fantastic.

I agree with this. :thumbsup: Also, when I lived in Houston, Pappas Seafood was a favorite. Any restaurant the Pappas family has is great.

Gobbler Fan
07-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Barkett's Restaurant in Seadrift Texas is very good .

AP Panther Fan
07-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Where's the best seafood you've eaten? Like I said on the CFS thread, it's one of those foods that's either fantastic or terrible. There's just not much in-between for me.

Willie G's in Galveston, Pelican's Landing in Port Aransas, Crab N in City by the Sea, and the Yardarm in Corpus Christi are also good.

Have you had a bad experience at Charlotte Plummer's in Rockport Fulton? I typically hear good things about their food.

We seldom order seafood when going out since we are a "catch it and eat it" family. Never a shortage of fish or wild Texas shrimp in the freezer. My son makes an amazing grilled fish on the pit and my absolutely favorite shrimp is the large butterflied shrimp filled with crabmeat stuffing, wrapped in bacon and broiled. Few bites of that and you will think you died and went to Heaven.:)

loco toro
07-31-2010, 10:44 AM
gotta be j&j oyster bar in ft. worth, just ate there thursday

Old Tiger
07-31-2010, 11:06 AM
long john silvers

Trashman
07-31-2010, 12:10 PM
City Cafe....Corpus

hollywood
07-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

I'll have to remember those the next time I'm down there. Spent half my life around the coastal bend area, Aransas Pass, Corpus Christi, Refugio. Never a shortage of good seafood eatin' places.

Don't have any in the central Texas area. Pappadeaux's is about as close as it gets.

TMer25
07-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Truluck's

BEAST
07-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Fish Tails on the Seawall in Galveston is pretty dang good.

BEAST

STANG RED
07-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
Truluck's

Must be real good. Everytime I've tried to get a reservation that fits my schedule, I havent had any luck. Heard lots of great things about it though.

turbostud
07-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
I agree with this. :thumbsup: Also, when I lived in Houston, Pappas Seafood was a favorite. Any restaurant the Pappas family has is great.

I heard they just bought Fuddruckers.

sinton66
08-01-2010, 08:34 AM
The BEST seafood I've ever had was at Ralph and Kacoo's in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. There is one in the Bourbon Street area of New Orleans too, but the Baton Rouge location is the original and the better one (IMO).

The ones in Port Aransas are excellent choices. Yardarm in Corpus is probably the best one there. In the rest of the state, it's hard to beat Pappadeux's.

eagleqb_14
08-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
long john silvers :ack!: :ack!: :ack!:

eagleqb_14
08-01-2010, 12:57 PM
anything with snowcrab

hollywood
08-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Heading to Galveston tomorrow. Where can I find some good seafood? I mean good. NO pre marinated freezer burned crap.

Ruserious
08-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Snoopy's on the island just off the causeway at Corpus Christi is the best and freshest I have ever had.Try their "drumsticks" which are fresh drum fillets and their fried shrimp is perfect every time.

Ranger Mom
08-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Have never eaten seafood in Texas anywhere but Red Lobster.

The best seafood place I have ever eaten at was "The Hungry Fisherman" in either
Nashville or Memphis!

Blackcat1954
08-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Riverbend-Matagorda
Outriggers-Palacios
Pinchers-El Campo
Ocean Cafe-Bay City
On The River-Freeport
Baytown Seafood-Van Vleck
Baytown Seafood-West Columbia

BEAST
08-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Heading to Galveston tomorrow. Where can I find some good seafood? I mean good. NO pre marinated freezer burned crap.

We liked Fish Tails on the Seawall when we were there about a month or so ago. Also, try this burger dive called The Spot. Order some "kisses" for an appitizer.

BEAST

44INAROW
08-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
The BEST seafood I've ever had was at Ralph and Kacoo's in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. There is one in the Bourbon Street area of New Orleans too, but the Baton Rouge location is the original and the better one (IMO).

The ones in Port Aransas are excellent choices. Yardarm in Corpus is probably the best one there. In the rest of the state, it's hard to beat Pappadeux's.
\The Ralph and Cacoo's in Bossier City is primo as well........( that was about 8 years ago though lol)

hollywood
08-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
We liked Fish Tails on the Seawall when we were there about a month or so ago. Also, try this burger dive called The Spot. Order some "kisses" for an appitizer.

BEAST

Thanks Beast! Hey, I also heard of a place that serves soda shop type floats that are suppose to be out of this world. Heard of this place?

BEAST
08-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks Beast! Hey, I also heard of a place that serves soda shop type floats that are suppose to be out of this world. Heard of this place?

Yes. Its located on The Strand. Seems like there are 2 different ones. The Candy Factory and the Chocolate Factory I believe. Pretty sure the Chocolate place is the one you are looking for.

BEAST

MUSTANG69
08-18-2010, 10:58 AM

I have ate at Ralph's. Love the raw oysters.:D

Let's not forget King's Inn in Rivera.

95mustang
08-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ruserious
Snoopy's on the island just off the causeway at Corpus Christi is the best and freshest I have ever had.Try their "drumsticks" which are fresh drum fillets and their fried shrimp is perfect every time.

I can agree that Snoopy's is pretty good. Don't know if its the best around but it is right up there with some of the best.

BuckeyeNut
08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Fisherman Market in Longview

LE Dad
08-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
\The Ralph and Cacoo's in Bossier City is primo as well........( that was about 8 years ago though lol) Its still gooooood.:D

bowleghorses
08-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Right there in my grandma's kitchen in Kaplan Louisiana.:D

SWMustang
08-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Must be real good. Everytime I've tried to get a reservation that fits my schedule, I havent had any luck. Heard lots of great things about it though.

Trulucks is very "**-**." I went there once a long time ago - I don't recall it being the best I've ever had or anything like that. It wasn't bad either.

big daddy russ
08-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Willie G's.

Ruserious
08-18-2010, 02:19 PM
What about Guidos (SP?) in Galveston, is it still open? That place used to be awesome.

BEAST
08-18-2010, 02:21 PM
What about Guidos (SP?) in Galveston, is it still open? That place used to be awesome.

I believe it was open a month or so ago when we were down there. Didnt get to eat there though.

BEAST

hollywood
08-18-2010, 02:35 PM

Yeah Gaido's. I've heard that place is great.

lostaussie
08-18-2010, 02:49 PM

BEAST Try the ceviche.................it's outstanding!!

Blue42
08-18-2010, 09:38 PM

Ralph and Kacoos's is very good but I belive the Houston area has the best seafood and any food for that matter in all the state of Texas.Heck 66 just drive down Spencer to the little Fish Place in frount of Walmart for the price of a hamberger you can get some good seafood.

WOS1
08-19-2010, 09:17 AM
The Schooner in Port Arthur. It's about 50 yrs old and has lasted that long for a reason!;)

JJWalker
08-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Soul Food

Blackcat1954
08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Guadios was open in January when made the trip to eat there for our anniversary

We were in Galveston in July but didn't go by there.

They are a bit pricey but worth it once a year.

Spread It Out
08-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah, Guido's Gaido's or however you spell it is phenomenal. Would definitely recommend eating there.

eagleqb_14
08-19-2010, 05:09 PM
anything with snowcrab

1st and goal
08-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Cathy's in Port O'connor has great fried shrimp.

Pappadeux has great stuffed crap and shrimp.

Diocletian
08-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Boudreaux's and Thibodaux's

in Houma, LA

Absolutely the best seafood.

Their freshwater food is also fantastic...crawfish and gator is untouchable.

Also some of the best boudin I've ever had.

slpybear the bullfan
08-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Blowfish Sushi in San Jose... :clap:

hollywood
08-23-2010, 03:48 PM

BEAST

Fish Tails was pretty darn good. Pretty busy too. Must be a popular spot it. Atmosphere was cool. Kisses were darn good too. Thanks brotha!

BEAST
08-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Fish Tails was pretty darn good. Pretty busy too. Must be a popular spot it. Atmosphere was cool. Kisses were darn good too. Thanks brotha!

Glad to be of service. Glad you enjoyed!

BEAST

buckeyebob
08-23-2010, 04:06 PM

Bossier City has a Ralph's..almost as good as BR

buckeyebob
08-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Fisherman Market in Longview

Hear..Hear...wonder what is happening since Majalas passed away?

buckeyebob
08-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah Gaido's. I've heard that place is great.

This place has to go back 50+ years