PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater?

Looking4number8
07-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Hey you Red guys, how improved will Sweetwater be this year. I know they struggled with the new system last year but I was wondering how much difference you guys think a full off season will make

Sweetwater Red
07-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Hey you Red guys, how improved will Sweetwater be this year. I know they struggled with the new system last year but I was wondering how much difference you guys think a full off season will make

There is no doubt Sweetwater will be improved. Sweetwater has
some winnable non-district games before heading into district
play. That will be the true test of just how improved we are. I
honestly don't see us winning any district games at this point,
the only exception being maybe Big Spring. They are good
about once every 10 years then go back to being door mats. This
year will be another rebuilding one. But I don't think it will be
anywhere near 1-9 like last year. Look out in 2011 though. :D

@ Vernon (winnable)
@ Monahans :(
vs. Levelland (winnable)
@ Early (winnable)
vs. Midland Greenwood (winnable)
vs. Midland Christian (winnable)
vs. Abilene Wylie (ugh not again!)
@ Big Spring (maybe?)
vs. Snyder (ugh, blah, gag and puke :mad: )
@ Brownwood (ouch x 3)

Ranger Mom
07-30-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm afraid we may be a doormat this season!!:(

stang92
07-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Aren't Sweetwater's enrollment numbers in the 500's? Most of the schools in that district have enrollment numbers closer to 4A numbers.(except Snyder) Sweetwaters are closer to 2A numbers. This could be part of the reason for 1-9.

Sweetwater Red
07-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by stang92
Aren't Sweetwater's enrollment numbers in the 500's? Most of the schools in that district have enrollment numbers closer to 4A numbers.(except Snyder) Sweetwaters are closer to 2A numbers. This could be part of the reason for 1-9.

Nah, Tatum beat us in the semis on their way to winning the SC
with one of the smallest 3A enrollments in the state. So, I'll
never buy that as an excuse.

BwdLion_80
07-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

@ Early (winnable)

Early???? Winnable???? I think it will be Sweetwater by 3 or 4 TD's. Early has a new coach and several kids have transferred away. Gonna be a long season for the horns.

Trashman
07-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Early???? Winnable???? I think it will be Sweetwater by 3 or 4 TD's. Early has a new coach and several kids have transferred away. Gonna be a long season for the horns.

Sweetwater will clean their clocks and set them back 10 years. :( :devil:

garciap77
07-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80

I heard there is one who might transferred to BW!

Mcguirk
07-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I heard there is one who might transferred to BW!

I know of one who left Early, enrolled at BW, but moved to AW last week. He brings a little speed with him.

Looking4number8
07-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
I know of one who left Early, enrolled at BW, but moved to AW last week. He brings a little speed with him.

I just heard about that tonight. His family moved to Abilene and he will enroll in Wylie

WTF-82
07-31-2010, 12:01 AM
I believe Sweetwater is capable of winning 5 games or more but attitude must be better program wise than last year or players will start dropping like flies then would cause another horrible year. The Stangs must get that commitment back. They will Lose to Monahans,Wylie,Snyder, and Brownwood but Big Spring,Vernon,Mid Christian will be good games they will win the other games on there schedule Early and Levelland. The GReenwood is very winnable also Greenwood will struggle early in the season but will be much improved late in the year thats just type of kids they have there.

STANG RED
07-31-2010, 12:46 AM
I've always said it would take two years to get back to respectability. Had some good but very young talent last season. They'll be better, but prob still a year away from competting well against the better teams. I usually hate to see a weak schedule, but I'm glad we have a weak non district schedule this season. Those boys need to taste some success early, and learn how to win. 5-5 will be a huge success. 4-6 would be acceptable, and not surprising. 6-4 or better would have to be considered a miricle. 2011 and beyond should be back to making deep playoff runs. All of this of course will depend on people being patient with the HC for one more year. I still have faith he'll get it all turned around, and we should see a few signs of it this season. I actually saw a lot of things I like last season, they just didnt translate into winning many games.