PDA

View Full Version : What about top QB in 2010??

LE Dad
07-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Who is going to be the top QB in the 2010?

He won't be the top but this one ain't bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErxB20rYPos

fresh-j
07-29-2010, 05:34 PM
None! There isn't really a D1. Although this last year was one of the best with Godfrey, McCoy, and Ardnt

:D

Old Tiger
07-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Navasota's QB should be alright

Charlie47
07-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Who is going to be the top QB in the 2010?

He won't be the top but this one ain't bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErxB20rYPos

Hey LE Dad, I thought you might say, Michael Means.
Remember him? ;)

navscanmaster
07-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Navasota's QB should be alright
Day?

LE Dad
07-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Remember him? ;) Micheal Means is an outstanding athlete with alot of heart, and deserves a ton of credit for LL win but...

He also makes alot of errors. 2 fumbled center exchanges led to back to back scores in that game. I won't go into excuse making mode but just know if by some act of God LE goes D1 the results will be much different. ;)

JMHO....of course. :D

SHSBulldog00
07-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Where did the QB from La Grange go?

Rocket
07-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Graylon Brown - Brownwood
He will have crazy numbers thanks to Mr. Jaxon Shipley. Shipley may set a new record in 3A. He is a man among boys and this will open up all of our other stud WRs... The system will be very hard to stop.

Charlie47
07-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Micheal Means is an outstanding athlete with alot of heart, and deserves a ton of credit for LL win but...

He also makes alot of errors. 2 fumbled center exchanges led to back to back scores in that game. I won't go into excuse making mode but just know if by some act of God LE goes D1 the results will be much different. ;)

JMHO....of course. :D

Is that a promise?:( ;) :rolleyes:

BEAST
07-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Graylon Brown - Brownwood
He will have crazy numbers thanks to Mr. Jaxon Shipley. Shipley may set a new record in 3A. He is a man among boys and this will open up all of our other stud WRs... The system will be very hard to stop.

Rocket it wont be only because of Shipley. Gray is a player. He's better than Casey Pachall was. He never gets rattled. I promise you if he was 6'3" he'd be D1 no doubt. I'm telling you, he's special.

BEAST

LE Dad
07-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Is that a promise?:( ;) :rolleyes: Pretty close to it, very unlikely to happen though but not impossible.:(. Atlanta, and PG would both have to make the playoffs for a rematch to occur. I would love to see it for sure, but I think the 2 schools will have to wait till BB to meet again. :)

hollywood
07-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Rocket it wont be only because of Shipley. Gray is a player. He's better than Casey Pachall was. He never gets rattled. I promise you if he was 6'3" he'd be D1 no doubt. I'm telling you, he's special.

BEAST

Taking nothing away from Casey, Graylon's release is much smoother and he can flat out zip the ball into tighter spaces with pin point accuracy. Casey has a God given 6'6" frame that allows for an impressive delivery and is no slouch being #2 at TCU this year. He did get a little rattled at times but is a player as well. As for Graylon Brown, he is so composed and will be the silent sleeper QB in 3A this year with the receiving core the Lions have.

Just my 2 cents.;)

Rocket
07-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

I agree. Just saying when they place that safety over the top of Shipley, we know what that does to the coverage. :)

buckeyebob
07-30-2010, 04:49 AM
According to what I have seen and what I hear, Luke Turner is "the best quarterback to come through Gilmer". This ia a very large statement...we will know shortly.

mwrams
07-30-2010, 05:28 AM
Hunter McCoy - Mineral Wells
http://www.mwrams.com/ramhornhelmet.gif

lostaussie
07-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
According to what I have seen and what I hear, Luke Turner is "the best quarterback to come through Gilmer". This ia a very large statement...we will know shortly. i said he would be our best ever 2 years ago and people on here LOL'ed. Now its our turn to laugh.............Luke will be a great one!!

poisoned10
07-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i said he would be our best ever 2 years ago and people on here LOL'ed. Now its our turn to laugh.............Luke will be a great one!!

I just hate to see Luke move away from LB and WR. The kid is a freakin athlete!

Ex-Tiger2005
07-30-2010, 11:25 AM
I will vote Keenon Ward out of Snyder. If he can stay confident and not get down when he makes mistakes he will be lethal.

fresh-j
07-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
I will vote Keenon Ward out of Snyder. If he can stay confident and not get down when he makes mistakes he will be lethal.

And he still has 2 years!!! :eek:

LE Dad
07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i said he would be our best ever 2 years ago and people on here LOL'ed. Now its our turn to laugh.............Luke will be a great one!! Is Turner the for sure QB? I heard some talk that Traylor looked better in 7 on 7 and that Traylor could very well be the QB. I guess they could alternate but has Coach Traylor ever alternated his QBs?

fresh-j
07-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Is Turner the for sure QB? I heard some talk that Traylor looked better in 7 on 7 and that Traylor could very well be the QB. I guess they could alternate but has Coach Traylor ever alternated his QBs?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Alternating QBS!!!!!!! I've never heard of such a thing!

;)

garciap77
07-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Remember him? ;)

Michael Means it is!!!:)

Old Tiger
07-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Day? yes

waterboy
07-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Is Turner the for sure QB? I heard some talk that Traylor looked better in 7 on 7 and that Traylor could very well be the QB. I guess they could alternate but has Coach Traylor ever alternated his QBs?
Don't know for sure who will actually start, or whether they'll alternate. Yes, he has alternated QBs before in certain situations. In '06, Kinney and Kennedy alternated a few times during the regular season. Honestly, I've always thought it would be Traylor at QB so Turner can stay at receiver. Either way, they'll be good QBs.

garciap77
07-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by fresh-j
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Alternating QBS!!!!!!! I've never heard of such a thing!

;)

I can't believe that! They did in Brownwood last year, even Shipley got a shoot at it!:D

;)

fresh-j
07-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I can't believe that! They did in Brownwood last year, even Shipley got a shoot at it!:D

;)

How ubsurd! :D

;)

LE Dad
07-30-2010, 04:35 PM

;) :D

bobcat4life
07-30-2010, 05:09 PM
:D :D :D

fresh-j
07-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
:D :D

Uh oh! :D

lulu
07-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Don't know for sure who will actually start, or whether they'll alternate. Yes, he has alternated QBs before in certain situations. In '06, Kinney and Kennedy alternated a few times during the regular season. Honestly, I've always thought it would be Traylor at QB so Turner can stay at receiver. Either way, they'll be good QBs.

Give either one of them the Oline that Godfrey had and they will do fine. I told you guys last year Godfrey was only what he was because of what was out front of him. No disrespect intended but that has always been my opinion . For what it's worth.

buckeyebob
07-31-2010, 05:31 AM

As I understand it, going into 2-a-days, Luke is the man...of course, this could change.

BwdLion73
07-31-2010, 09:55 AM

;)

I would love to see us make it through non-district with only the usual bumps and scrapes, last year we were down to Rocket as our 4th in line.:doh:

sTxforlife
08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
cody barrett from sealy

garciap77
08-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I would love to see us make it through non-district with only the usual bumps and scrapes, last year we were down to Rocket as our 4th in line.:doh:

:eek:

Spread It Out
08-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by sTxforlife
cody barrett from sealy

:confused: :rolleyes:

jp744
08-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Stevie Dorman from Somerset is my pick best QB in 3A.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/byu/football/recruiting/player-Stevie-Dorman-93861

poisoned10
08-02-2010, 08:27 AM
It is my understanding as well that Luke will be QB.

My B-i-L doesn't seem to want to say outright who it will be, but his reactions makes it seem like it will be Turner.

waterboy
08-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Either one will be an excellent QB, and with Gilmer's offense they will have astronomical numbers. I'm definitely anxious to see!:cool:

poisoned10
08-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Either one will be an excellent QB, and with Gilmer's offense they will have astronomical numbers. I'm definitely anxious to see!:cool:

Like I've said, I would rather see Traylor at QB so we aren't losing Luke at LB or Saftey and WR.

Gilmer will have a pretty good running attack with Gus and Co. so we won't need a "Manuel" or "Stump" calibur QB to run the offense. Just someone who can hit the recievers when needed.

Then, next year when Gus graduates, he will have a year of experience under his belt and ready to take on more of a passing load.

But there is a reason Jeff is AD/HC and I'm not. And judging from what he has done, he was better for the job than I was/ever will be.

waterboy
08-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Yep. I don't expect Gilmer to be as pass heavy this year, either. Gus Johnson should have a good year running the ball. I look for the rushing/passing yards to be flip-flopped a little this year because of the inexperience at QB. I still say they'll average over 40 PPG.:cool: The defense ought to be very good this year, too.

WOS1
08-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by fresh-j
None! There isn't really a D1. Although this last year was one of the best with Godfrey, McCoy, and Ardnt

:D

He's been under the radar, but Reggie Garrett from WOS. He is 6'3", threw for 1300 yds last year and runs a 4.6 40. He already has DI offers. With a good year will get major DI attention. He also has a 6'3" 4.4 target to throw to in Mark Roberts. Kind of surprised Matt and his mag missed mentioning them.

Gsquared
08-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
According to what I have seen and what I hear, Luke Turner is "the best quarterback to come through Gilmer". This ia a very large statement...we will know shortly.
Ive also heard that Luke's dad is actually one of the best football coaches in the state of Tx. Just a little nugget of info.