PDA

View Full Version : Best 3A 2011 RB

SHSBulldog00
07-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Who are the nominees for the best 3A Running Back in the Class of 2011?

Try not to play favorites.:)

Old Tiger
07-28-2010, 11:48 PM
trent jackson

/thread

BRfalconfan
07-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Brandon williams of course
Trent jackson is only a junior

bobcat4life
07-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Who is the RB for Brownwood? he has to be one of their 46 players who have commited to a BCS school

Matthew328
07-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Brandon Williams....

thank you

lock thread

Looking4number8
07-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Who is the RB for Brownwood? he has to be one of their 46 players who have commited to a BCS school

We have junior Sthel Ratliff. He is on his 3rd year on varsity this year. He may not be the best running back in the state but he is a dang good one... solid kid too.

PPSTATEBOUND
07-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life

FAIL.

:hand:

garciap77
07-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
We have junior Sthel Ratliff. He is on his 3rd year on varsity this year. He may not be the best running back in the state but he is a dang good one... solid kid too.

:iagree:

waterboy
07-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Gus Johnson (Gilmer) will be a well known name by the time the season is over.:thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
07-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
Trent jackson is only a junior

So you have to be a senior to be the best RB in the state? :doh:

Sweetwater Red
07-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
He may not be the best running back in the state...

He won't even be the best RB in 5-3A. :devil:

95mustang
07-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
So you have to be a senior to be the best RB in the state? :doh:

No you have to be a senior to be in the 2011 class.

hollywood
07-29-2010, 08:46 AM

We'll have to see about that!:mad:

BTW, who is Brandon Williams. Nothing better than watching good running backs rack up the yards. I'm guessing he plays for Brookshire-Royal.

BEAST
07-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang

Remember, you are talking to Sweetwater guys. :D

BEAST

95mustang
07-29-2010, 08:50 AM

You don't have to be the best when you have the supporting cast he will have. :D

bigwood33
07-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
We'll have to see about that!:mad:

BTW, who is Brandon Williams. Nothing better than watching good running backs rack up the yards. I'm guessing he plays for Brookshire-Royal.
You haven't heard of the Williams kid? Obviously you haven't picked up your copy of Texas Football or TOC Mag and read them yet. Yes, he plays for Brookshire-Royal and rushed for over 1800 yards last season. He is also committed to Oklahoma (I hate that he is leaving the state).

LE Dad
07-29-2010, 09:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhQBCeH3kwc

:D

Those yards were against 1 region finalist
2 Texas semi finalist
1 Arkansas semi finalist
1 Texas state champion

Sweetwater Red
07-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang

Well hell. I just read the thread title and skipped right over his first
post where he specified 2011 class. :doh:

hollywood
07-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
You haven't heard of the Williams kid? Obviously you haven't picked up your copy of Texas Football or TOC Mag and read them yet. Yes, he plays for Brookshire-Royal and rushed for over 1800 yards last season. He is also committed to Oklahoma (I hate that he is leaving the state).

LOL, obviously not. Little behind on DCTF and TOC's mags this year. This year is flying by!

I'll have to get a copy of both before season officially starts.

Does this kid have the likings of Peterson?

bigwood33
07-29-2010, 09:33 AM

Does this kid have the likings of Peterson?
Does anyone really?! I don't think he is as big as AP. The reports say runs hard but gets it done with his speed.
I am sure that some of the B-R faithful will provide a scouting report.

fresh-j
07-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Best 2011 3A running back = Brandon Williams

Best running back in 3A = Trent Jackson

:D :cool:

44INAROW
07-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by fresh-j

:D :cool:

you gonna make a drive down to see Trent this year? He is fun to watch.. I am hoping to fit a BR game in to watch Brandon Williams..

Old Tiger
07-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
Trent jackson is only a junior Crap you are right....lets say Brandon Williams and lock thread now!

Old Tiger
07-29-2010, 10:17 AM

:D :cool: that is debatable...

pirate4state
07-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you gonna make a drive down to see Trent this year? He is fun to watch.. I am hoping to fit a BR game in to watch Brandon Williams..

Williams is a stud. I'm sure the BR coaches are still trying to figure out how we beat them :D

fresh-j
07-29-2010, 10:46 AM

I hope so, I want to make the wimberley game but I don't think I can, I saw a couple a games and Trent even played some D! :D

fresh-j
07-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
that is debatable...

Yes, but then Jackson wins it again :D. Lol don't get me wrong Williams is a great running back, I actually think he's going to be better in college. But time will tell :D

BRfalconfan
07-29-2010, 12:47 PM

There are going to be some good ones this year BR at giddings
BR at sweeny and
BR at sealy

SHSBulldog00
07-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Brandon Williams is the 5th Best RB in the Nation!!!!

6'0 190lbs.

Rabid Cougar
07-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Michael Armstrong - China Spring.

mwrams
07-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Mineral Wells Jr. AJ Poole will be turning a few heads.

mrgreenblood
07-29-2010, 08:06 PM
I say Gus Johnson of Gilmer.

fresh-j
07-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by mrgreenblood
I say Gus Johnson of Gilmer.

your from cuero (Trent Jackson)

Although at college station I got to see Gilmer play and Gus Johnson had to be the most intimidating person there.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Brandon Williams

hollywood
07-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Guys I tell ya, I know these guys are not in 3A, but James Miles from Stephenville and Jonathan Gray from Aledo are going to be BEAST's this year in 4A. If you want to watch a head to head RB showdown, Stephenville @ Aledo Week 0 08/27. Not to mention a classic rival, this is going to be one doozy of a game.:clap: Count me in.

fresh-j
07-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Guys I tell ya, I know these guys are not in 3A, but James Miles from Stephenville and Jonathan Gray from Aledo are going to be BEAST's this year in 4A. If you want to watch a head to head RB showdown, Stephenville @ Aledo Week 0 08/27. Not to mention a classic rival, this is going to be one doozy of a game.:clap: Count me in.

:clap: very true! Myles is an extremely tough runner. However J Gray is like Stump, Shipley, and the MLB from Daingerfield all combined...to make a RB :D. He'll be the number 1 player in the nation his sr year, and graduate with a better stats and more praise than Cedric Benson.

waterboy
07-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Just wear orange and black and sit on Aledo's side 'cause they will likely beat Stephenville.

hollywood
07-30-2010, 11:49 AM
:clap: very true! Myles is an extremely tough runner. However J Gray is like Stump, Shipley, and the MLB from Daingerfield all combined...to make a RB :D. He'll be the number 1 player in the nation his sr year, and graduate with a better stats and more praise than Cedric Benson.

Yep. I'd have to agree with you there.

Still a great RB, but Myles's numbers may not be as impressive this year if Avion Edwards is in the mix more this year. He'll be a junior and is a man child as well.

fresh-j
07-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Yep. I'd have to agree with you there.

Still a great RB, but Myles's numbers may not be as impressive this year if Avion Edwards is in the mix more this year. He'll be a junior and is a man child as well.

Yes, Aiavion Edwards has been a manchild (literlly like 6'2 205) ever since he was in the 7th grade, he, Holsten, Giebler, and many other jrs run that defence, although they will have to find someone to replace their d line that they lost, I still don't see anyone stopping J Gray for the next two years however.

hollywood
07-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Just wear orange and black and sit on Aledo's side 'cause they will likely beat Stephenville.

No thanks, but I won't be wearing blue and gold either. I'm not even going to predict who will win this game because it always comes down to less than 4 points.

MAROON is a great color. Maybe white if I decide to go the neutral route. I do like burnt orange a lot.

hollywood
07-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Yes, Aiavion Edwards has been a manchild (literlly like 6'2 205) ever since he was in the 7th grade, he, Holsten, Giebler, and many other jrs run that defence, although they will have to find someone to replace their d line that they lost, I still don't see anyone stopping J Gray for the next two years however.

I don't think they lost all their D line. Cole will be back, you know the one. They'll still ahve some beef up front.:thinking:

fresh-j
07-30-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't think they lost all their D line. Cole will be back, you know the one. They'll still ahve some beef up front.:thinking:

He's the only one back, and Washington loses both of his star sr recievers.

hollywood
07-30-2010, 12:13 PM
He's the only one back, and Washington loses both of his star sr recievers.

Yep, that's true. On O, Lot's of high precentage passes to #23 and #28 and run left and run right and run up the middle.

fresh-j
07-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Yep, that's true. On O, Lot's of high precentage passes to #23 and #28 and run left and run right and run up the middle.

Yeah, IF Washington can start running and take off with the ball they may give Aledo a run for their money again in the playoffs.

hollywood
07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah, IF Washington can start running and take off with the ball they may give Aledo a run for their money again in the playoffs.

DOH!:doh:

44INAROW
07-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Brandon Williams is the 5th Best RB in the Nation!!!!

6'0 190lbs.

not to be nit-picky - he might be RATED as the 5th best RB in the Nation.. It's all about perception at this point.. Hope they all stay healthy

Old Tiger
07-30-2010, 01:23 PM
IMO Williams is ranked so high due to potential at the next level in recruiting. Trent will be ranked high due to production and potential.

I'd go Trent over Brandon anyday.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-30-2010, 04:10 PM
not to be nit-picky - he might be RATED as the 5th best RB in the Nation.. It's all about perception at this point.. Hope they all stay healthy From seeing both, i would compare them to M. Barber(Brandon Williams) and Felix Jones(Trent Jackson). Depends what style a person likes to see :) . Both looked very good in games i've seen them.

44INAROW
07-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
From seeing both, i would compare them to M. Barber(Brandon Williams) and Felix Jones(Trent Jackson). Depends what style a person likes to see :) . Both looked very good in games i've seen them.
I totally understand - my point is this.. - it was posted that BW IS THE 5th BEST RB IN THE COUNTRY - how can that be determined?? - he is RATED as the 5th best RB in the Country.. that's all I meant. I wasn't disagreeing that he's good, I am sure he is.. - I've never seen him, I sure want to this season..

SHSBulldog00
07-30-2010, 04:35 PM
I totally understand - my point is this.. - it was posted that BW IS THE 5th BEST RB IN THE COUNTRY - how can that be determined?? - he is RATED as the 5th best RB in the Country.. that's all I meant. I wasn't disagreeing that he's good, I am sure he is.. - I've never seen him, I sure want to this season..

Brookshire comes to Sweeny 9/24

Like always it will be a great game!!