PDA

View Full Version : Now ESPN is pulling stories to protect Lebron

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2010, 05:31 PM
http://sportscasm.com/2010/07/28/espn-deletes-story-about-wild-lebron-james-party-text/

IMO it was a party..who cares..but for ESPN to pull the story is pathetic.

Would they had it been Kobe, TO or someone like that?

Old Tiger
07-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Spark Notes please

Keith7
07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Spark Notes please

ESPN took down a story full of opinion, gossip and worthy of TMZ and people think it was because they are trying to protect Lebron

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
ESPN took down a story full of opinion, gossip and worthy of TMZ and people think it was because they are trying to protect Lebron

Just wondering..how was it gossip? The guy who wrote the article WAS THERE..this is not secondhand information

Pick6
07-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Just wondering..how was it gossip? The guy who wrote the article WAS THERE..this is not secondhand information

Still waiting for keiths answer...

eagles_victory
07-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Why does that belong on ESPN that's not sports coverage. I bet most athletes party just the same they probably just don't get paid to do it. Sure Lebron's a diva (after "The Decision" didn't we already know that) but other than that what is the point of the story.

For once I agree with Keith that is TMZ not ESPN.

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Why does that belong on ESPN that's not sports coverage. I bet most athletes party just the same they probably just don't get paid to do it. Sure Lebron's a diva (after "The Decision" didn't we already know that) but other than that what is the point of the story.

For once I agree with Keith that is TMZ not ESPN.

I dont disagree..except they have reported on stuff like that before. And to pull it AFTER it is posted IMO is not a good thing..ESPECIALLY in the wake of having Lebron and his crew call the shots on his annoucment show

eagles_victory
07-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I dont disagree..except they have reported on stuff like that before. And to pull it AFTER it is posted IMO is not a good thing..ESPECIALLY in the wake of having Lebron and his crew call the shots on his annoucment show They claim it didn't go through the proper editing that they put stories through before placing them on the website if that's true which it may or may not be sounds like they are following policy.

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2010, 01:20 PM
They claim it didn't go through the proper editing that they put stories through before placing them on the website if that's true which it may or may not be sounds like they are following policy.

well..I have never seen a ESPN story pulled AFTER it is posted and the same reason given. Again it just looks bad for ESPN with them giving Lebron his show to announce where he is going.

This writer was THERE. He did not go off rumor or speculaton.

eagles_victory
07-29-2010, 01:23 PM
well..I have never seen a ESPN story pulled AFTER it is posted and the same reason given. Again it just looks bad for ESPN with them giving Lebron his show to announce where he is going.

This writer was THERE. He did not go off rumor or speculaton. Sounds like he wrote about a whole bunch of nothing to me. Follow around 80 percent of NFL/NBA guys I'm sure you see something similar to this. I read this whole story and was wondering what the point to it was.

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Sounds like he wrote about a whole bunch of nothing to me. Follow around 80 percent of NFL/NBA guys I'm sure you see something similar to this. I read this whole story and was wondering what the point to it was.

again..I am not disagreeing..but to pick Lebron JAmes as the line in the sand as far as not to cross into TMZ land is dubious at best especially RIGHT AFTER the whole James annoucment show

eagles_victory
07-29-2010, 01:31 PM
again..I am not disagreeing..but to pick Lebron JAmes as the line in the sand as far as not to cross into TMZ land is dubious at best especially RIGHT AFTER the whole James annoucment show I really don't care if ESPN post this non story they can if they want. But you make it sound like in this thread like he murdered someone and they helped him get rid of the body. Not sure how they are protecting him because it's already all over the internet anyway. I'm sure there have been other stories they have pulled just not with high profile people like Lebron.

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2010, 01:34 PM
I really don't care if ESPN post this non story they can if they want. But you make it sound like in this thread like he murdered someone and they helped him get rid of the body. Not sure how they are protecting him because it's already all over the internet anyway. I'm sure there have been other stories they have pulled just not with high profile people like Lebron.

Well you and I will just have to agree to disagree lol..I do think it was pulled by either the request of James and his people or by ESPN itself in hope to not anger him.

Does it show him as a bad person..for us who know sports of course not, but it does show him in a different light with people who dont know and recognize he was juswt doing what alot of young men with money do

jason
07-29-2010, 02:01 PM
tmz > espn

Pick6
07-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by jason
tmz > espn

TMZ 10x> Conroe Courier

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-29-2010, 03:03 PM
http://sportscasm.com/2010/07/28/espn-deletes-story-about-wild-lebron-james-party-text/

IMO it was a party..who cares..but for ESPN to pull the story is pathetic.

Would they had it been Kobe, TO or someone like that?

He was holding up the Illuminati triangle in his picture! :eek:

Pick6
07-29-2010, 05:05 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/29/espn-says-story-on-lebron-james-las-vegas-exploits-will-not-run/

ESPN says the reporter didn't report himself as a reporter. Did the locker room gopher who secretly taped Michael Irvin report himself as a reporter when they ran with that story?

Pick6
07-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Even more recent, when JJ got recorded by a phone a couple of months ago. ESPN ran with that. ESPN = Cowards.