PDA

View Full Version : The Ticket just announced Parcell contract, 2:30 pm 12/30/02 ...

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2002, 03:26 PM
...says John Jaques Taylor of Dallas Morning News has scooped it. Supposed to be announced tomorrow in press conference and is a 4 yr, 18M deal.

Believe what you want, this is just a local radio scoop at this point.

slpybear

BIG19
12-30-2002, 03:38 PM
Here is the tidbit from DallasNews.com:

Bill Parcells has agreed to a four-year contract that will pay him roughly $4.5 million per season, and will be announced as the sixth coach of the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday, a source close to Jerry Jones and Parcells said.

Jason1725
12-30-2002, 03:46 PM
This is turning out to be very interesting since Parcells did sign a contract with Tampa Bay last year. So with Dallas talking to him while the season is still going is tampering which could mean they have to give up their #1 pick in the draft.

Buffalo
12-30-2002, 06:35 PM
Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vet93
12-30-2002, 06:41 PM
Jason...heard from Chris Mortenson at ESPN that the contract was never sent to the league office...therefore it likely will not be recognized. He thinks the Tampa Bay guys are doing it out of spite. Also, it should be very difficult for Tampa to make this stick because Parcells never coached a down and never recieved any form of compensations from the Bucs.

spiveyrat
12-30-2002, 08:24 PM
Now, if Jerry Jones will just lie low...

Jason1725
12-31-2002, 02:33 AM
I saw that at ESPN right after I posted, if thats true the Bucs have no argument IMO. This hurts me though I thought for sure Jerry was going to trade for Kordell. But I know Parcells knows he is terrible so there goes that trade.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-31-2002, 11:21 AM
I hope this also means that the days of Jerry Jones as GM will be over, because I know for darn sure that Parcells will want to be head coach AND GM of the Cowboys.

As far as the QB situation goes. I think they should just draft one. 1st or 2nd round. I'd love to see Kliff Kingsbury as a Dallas Cowboy. Then an offensive lineman to help the pathetic line they've got now in the 2nd or 3rd round. THEN, in 3rd or 4th round, go for a RB. There have been some real diamonds in the rough as far as RBs are concerned (Terrel Davis was a 6th round pick) hopefully the Cowboys will have the same type of luck finding a true "heir apparent" to Emmitt Smith because I don't think Troy Hambrick is the one. If there is a RB out there that would fit the mold nicely, it would be the RB from Penn State, Larry Johnson.

russ31
12-31-2002, 11:48 AM
They should sign one of the free agents that will be available, preferably Jake Plummer, and draft a quarterback, but give him time to develop without throwing him to the wolves. There are plenty of areas on offense that they need to address in the draft, but with them picking no later than fifth at this point Larry Johnson or Willis McGahee will be available. Either one would do wonders for the running game for years to come, but hopefully they could be eased into the starting role by about midseason like what Denver did with Clinton Portis.

greendog fan
12-31-2002, 01:42 PM
russ31:
They should sign one of the free agents that will be available, preferably Jake Plummer, and draft a quarterback, but give him time to develop without throwing him to the wolves. There are plenty of areas on offense that they need to address in the draft, but with them picking no later than fifth at this point Larry Johnson or Willis McGahee will be available. Either one would do wonders for the running game for years to come, but hopefully they could be eased into the starting role by about midseason like what Denver did with Clinton Portis.Hot off the press: Chris Simms will be drafted by the Dallas Cowgirls. They have screwed up there last few picks, why not this one. Chris would love to play for them.

big daddy russ
12-31-2002, 01:50 PM
greendog fan:

russ31:
They should sign one of the free agents that will be available, preferably Jake Plummer, and draft a quarterback, but give him time to develop without throwing him to the wolves. There are plenty of areas on offense that they need to address in the draft, but with them picking no later than fifth at this point Larry Johnson or Willis McGahee will be available. Either one would do wonders for the running game for years to come, but hopefully they could be eased into the starting role by about midseason like what Denver did with Clinton Portis.Hot off the press: Chris Simms will be drafted by the Dallas Cowgirls. They have screwed up there last few picks, why not this one. Chris would love to play for them.Sorry, buddy... the Bungles beat them to the punchline.

<small>[ December 31, 2002, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

Keith7
12-31-2002, 01:50 PM
greendog fan:

russ31:
They should sign one of the free agents that will be available, preferably Jake Plummer, and draft a quarterback, but give him time to develop without throwing him to the wolves. There are plenty of areas on offense that they need to address in the draft, but with them picking no later than fifth at this point Larry Johnson or Willis McGahee will be available. Either one would do wonders for the running game for years to come, but hopefully they could be eased into the starting role by about midseason like what Denver did with Clinton Portis.Hot off the press: Chris Simms will be drafted by the Dallas Cowgirls. They have screwed up there last few picks, why not this one. Chris would love to play for them.I wouldnt say they screwed up there last few picks.. considering roy williams is a contender for rookie of the year