PDA

View Full Version : NFL rankings

Farmersfan
07-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Most sights I have seen rank our Cowboys in the top 5. I saw Chris Carter (WHO?) pick Tony Romo as this years MVP with the statement that Dallas has a top RB team and now they have the #1 receiver corp in the NFL so Romo should have a great year. Most sights have the Saints or Colts #1 and #2. I don't agree with this. Dallas beat the snot out of the Saints last year and was head and shoulders a better team when they played ball. The problem was the consistency and the egg that was layed against the Vikes. I honest think Dallas has been top 3 in the NFL for several years now. This year I will say:

1. Dallas
2. Jets
3. Greenbay
4. Bengals
5. Colts
6. Vikes
7. Saints
8. Miami
9. Niners
10. Ravens

What's your picks?

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I personally think Dallas's question at LT and Safety to begint he season keeps them from the #1 spot but they are for sure a top 5 team

The schedule this year is KILLER for Dallas..they could go 9-7 with a better team than last year's squad

JasperDog94
07-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I personally think Dallas's question at LT and Safety to begint he season keeps them from the #1 spot but they are for sure a top 5 team

The schedule this year is KILLER for Dallas..they could go 9-7 with a better team than last year's squad I just hope they beat the snot out of the Texans this year. That will give me bragging rights for the next 4 years.:D :D

Farmersfan
07-29-2010, 06:25 AM

The schedule this year is KILLER for Dallas..they could go 9-7 with a better team than last year's squad

Already starting with the excuses TX? Every team in the league has questions. And a 9-7 record this season will be the biggest under-achievement yet for the Cowboys.what teams would you put ahead of them?

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Already starting with the excuses TX? Every team in the league has questions. And a 9-7 record this season will be the biggest under-achievement yet for the Cowboys.what teams would you put ahead of them?

What excuse did I give? I said they are a top 5 team I just dont think I would say #1

My top 5
1. N.O
2 Indy
3. Vikes( If Farve Returns)
4. Dallas
5 Packers

And for the record I think the Cowboys go 11-5

And you cant say right now a 9-7 record would be anything..because we dont know HOW they would get there at this point of the season.

DDBooger
07-29-2010, 06:35 AM
:1popcorn:
...and here we go! :)

forum_guy
07-29-2010, 06:57 AM
and now they have the #1 receiver corp in the NFL

This statement blows my mind, don't you think you should wait before making statements like this

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy
This statement blows my mind, don't you think you should wait before making statements like this

No this is what Farmer does..he sets the expectations for his teams to such a high level that they can only win the SB or it will be somebodies fault( for Farmer it will most likely be all Romo's fault) and heads must roll.

As far as Dallas WR corp..on paper looks awesome..lets see what Bryant does once the season starts, lets see if RW bounces back..lets see if Crayton is even on the team, Lets see if Austin is more than a one year wonder.

DDBooger
07-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Jets are stacked. Remind me of Roethlisberger's 2nd year with Pitt. As long as Sanchez doesn't lose it for them, they can get to the Superbowl.

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Jets are stacked. Remind me of Roethlisberger's 2nd year with Pitt. As long as Sanchez doesn't lose it for them, they can get to the Superbowl.

ehh...I am still not sold on them...they basically got in the play-offs last year because their last two opponents did not have anything to play for.

With all the contract drama and how the media is anouncing them as one of the top teams it would not shock me if they go 6-10

DDBooger
07-29-2010, 07:41 AM
ehh...I am still not sold on them...they basically got in the play-offs last year because their last two opponents did not have anything to play for.

With all the contract drama and how the media is anouncing them as one of the top teams it would not shock me if they go 6-10 I don't see 6-10 as likely, I do see 10-6 as a possibility considering their division and the strength in the AFC.

DDBooger
07-29-2010, 07:47 AM
If they do this again (and they only improved their personel).
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/jetsdefense.jpg

And get better play from the offense which had the #1 rushing offense. I think they'll meet expectations. We'll see how much Sanchez has improved. Winning two road games in the playoffs was tough.

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2010, 08:02 AM

And get better play from the offense which had the #1 rushing offense. I think they'll meet expectations. We'll see how much Sanchez has improved. Winning two road games in the playoffs was tough.

oh i am not saying they are a bad team..but we all have seen how the "up and coming team" will have that good season, then cant seem to repeat it the very next year

The Bengals a few years ago..Atlanta a couple of years ago as examples..

Just would not surprise me to see them take a step back this year before continuing upward

Pick6
07-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Didn't the Jet's let their best RB go also? I know that got LT but this LT isn't half the back he used to be.

crzyjournalist03
07-29-2010, 08:34 AM
I think Miami gets better this year with Henne's development and the arrival of a good WR finally. Right now, I know I'm going against the popular opinion, but I have the Jets finishing third in their own division.

DDBooger
07-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Didn't the Jet's let their best RB go also? I know that got LT but this LT isn't half the back he used to be. Shonn Greene is an ample replacement.

Farmersfan
07-29-2010, 08:38 AM
No this is what Farmer does..he sets the expectations for his teams to such a high level that they can only win the SB or it will be somebodies fault( for Farmer it will most likely be all Romo's fault) and heads must roll.

As far as Dallas WR corp..on paper looks awesome..lets see what Bryant does once the season starts, lets see if RW bounces back..lets see if Crayton is even on the team, Lets see if Austin is more than a one year wonder.

WOW!Thanks for the compliment TX! But I can't take credit for this one. I didn't set the expectations for this team. The vast majority of NON-BIASED people in the NFL set it this year just as they have every year. This receiver corp/QB combo was ranked #2 in the NFL last season and they have added a very good athlete. I see that as an improvement over last year just as most other people do. You accuse me of setting the expectations too high when you are just as quilty of finding excuses to lower it! The season hasn't even started and you are already claiming that the Cowboys could be better and go 9-7. Not true! They did add Indy to the schedule this season but they had Carolina last season who was ranked #2 in pre season power rankings just as Indy is ranked #1 this year. The Packers and Saints are ranked way higher this season but the 'boys played them last season. (which is what this year's rankings are based on). See, the power rankings are set based on what the teams did last year. In fact the Cowboys played 9 games last year against teams ranked in the top 15 in preseason power rankings and they only play 5 this season. If all those teams are as good as they were last year then the Cowboys shedule will be KILLER. But if all last years teams had been as good as they were in 08' then last years schedule was the much tougher schedule. So let's stop with the excuses and set a valid expectation. I say the team is Superbowl quality and has been for at least 3 seasons and anything other than that is a underachievement.

Farmersfan
07-29-2010, 08:42 AM

I think it all hinges on Sanchez! If he performs then the Jets should be a force. Perhaps a Cowboys vs Jets Superbowl?

waterboy
07-29-2010, 09:20 AM
I think Sanchez will have to deal with the sophomore jinx myself. I think they make the playoffs, but I don't think they'll be a factor. I look for the Steelers, Colts, Chargers, and Patriots to once again battle it out in the AFC. There will probably be at least one surprise team in the AFC that will be a factor. There usually is one every year. The NFC is usually cut and dried with few real surprise teams. My favorites in the NFC include the Cowboys, Vikings, Saints, and Packers. I'll pick the Cowboys and Colts to be in the Super Bowl. It may be wishful thinking, but.....;)

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2010, 10:43 AM
WOW!Thanks for the compliment TX! But I can't take credit for this one. I didn't set the expectations for this team. The vast majority of NON-BIASED people in the NFL set it this year just as they have every year. This receiver corp/QB combo was ranked #2 in the NFL last season and they have added a very good athlete. I see that as an improvement over last year just as most other people do. You accuse me of setting the expectations too high when you are just as quilty of finding excuses to lower it! The season hasn't even started and you are already claiming that the Cowboys could be better and go 9-7. Not true! They did add Indy to the schedule this season but they had Carolina last season who was ranked #2 in pre season power rankings just as Indy is ranked #1 this year. The Packers and Saints are ranked way higher this season but the 'boys played them last season. (which is what this year's rankings are based on). See, the power rankings are set based on what the teams did last year. In fact the Cowboys played 9 games last year against teams ranked in the top 15 in preseason power rankings and they only play 5 this season. If all those teams are as good as they were last year then the Cowboys shedule will be KILLER. But if all last years teams had been as good as they were in 08' then last years schedule was the much tougher schedule. So let's stop with the excuses and set a valid expectation. I say the team is Superbowl quality and has been for at least 3 seasons and anything other than that is a underachievement.

Seeing as I said My personal belief was the Cowboys will go 11-5 not sure who I lowered anything

I do agree with you about last year who Dallas played where they were to begin the season..in this era of the NFL you just dont know year to year.

In saying that..You said last year's schedule was harder going in..your wrong

2009 Dallas Strength of schedule was 11th in the league as the teams they played had a combined 2008 record of 131-123-2

The 2010 teams on the schedule had a 2009 record of
139-117

The 2009 schedule was the 11th toughest going into the season

The 2010 is the third toughest

DU_stud04
07-29-2010, 11:36 AM
cowboys still don't have the #1 wr core.

crzyjournalist03
07-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
cowboys still don't have the #1 wr core.

Who do you think does?

DU_stud04
07-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Who do you think does? i mean dont get me wrong, theyre up in the top 5, but it all starts coming down to opinion and who is throwing to them. an agruement form anyone from the colts vikings cowboys saints eagles giants packers patriots could make claim as number 1 right now.

cowboys have dez bryant, rookie who wasnt able to play this past season...id love to see him come out for the rookie omvp though, miles austin who is going to be targeted a bit more this next season, can be a break out player again still. patrick crayton is garbage and surprised he is still with the team...as well as mbIII(not that he's garbage, but cowboys should have traded him and crayton as a package somewhere) hurd and ogletree might slip in here and there, no major threat. roy williams, ill let the cowboys fans express their feelings about him. i had hopes for marty b having a good year this last year with his size and them trying to split him out wide at the beginning of the season, he cant get the fundamentals down, opposite side, jason witten is the most unathletic te ive ever seen run down the field. he can catch though and has heart, which is why i like him. i hope felix jones can stay healthy switching in at rb with choice.

colts have collie, garcion, gonzalez is back, reggie wayne and then dallas clark at te. payton is a more desirable qb and makes the corp that much better.

vikings are a make it and break it on brett favre. when you have a qb throwing as bad as tjack does, and wr's go out and make plays like barrian, rice were...it says something about the wr. i still say sydney rice has the best hands in the nfl(no offense moss). the addition of percy harvin, offense rookie of the year...just hope his migraine problems are minimal this season. shaincoe and kleinsasser at the te position, shaincoe has the athleticism of a wr and makes the plays,a lot of people blame favre for running up the cowboys score, but without shaincoe's diving catch it wouldn't have mattered.(keith brookings is a crybaby) ohyea, peterson is still relavent in the passing game, his presence requires attention even with his fumbling habits and lackluster(1,383 18 tds) season.

eagles desean jackson, maclin, avant, collins....its all youth, but these young cats can play. i feel mcnabb hindered their growing progress last season, he was an okay qb, but to me he never made things happen, couldnt make wr's get open and was just someone in the backfield tossing a ball like someone who decides to be qb in a street pickup football game. celek adds to the core, im not sold on kolb though.

greenbay...donal driver, jennnings, donald lee. rodgers can be a bit "favrish"(hahaha) at times.

if i had to rank them
viking
colts
patriots
saints
cowboys

Farmersfan
07-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Seeing as I said My personal belief was the Cowboys will go 11-5 not sure who I lowered anything

I do agree with you about last year who Dallas played where they were to begin the season..in this era of the NFL you just dont know year to year.

In saying that..You said last year's schedule was harder going in..your wrong

2009 Dallas Strength of schedule was 11th in the league as the teams they played had a combined 2008 record of 131-123-2

The 2010 teams on the schedule had a 2009 record of
139-117

The 2009 schedule was the 11th toughest going into the season

The 2010 is the third toughest

Oh yea of little faith....................

09' top 10 ranked games:

#2 Carolina
#3 Eagles
#3Eagles
#6Giants
#6Giants
#9Falcons
#14Broncos
#15Packers
#16Redskins
#16Redskins
Average ranking for top 10. #9

2010 top 10 games:

#1Saints
#2Colts
#3Vikes
#6Pakers
#14Texans
#15Cardinals
#16Giants
#16Giants
#17Eagles
#17Eagles
Average ranking of top 10. #11

2009 average ranking of bottom six opponents: #19

2010 Average ranking of bottom six opponents: #22

Sometimes you just have to understand the numbers! The top 5 opponents in 2010 is projected to be murder and much tougher than last season. (by power ranking). But wait! The Cowboys played 3 of the 5 last year when they were just as tough but was not ranked as high!!! But none of this matters. Last season Carolina, Atlanta, Eagles, and Giants all turned out to be nowhere as tough as projected but GB, NO and SD was much tougher. So who will be the surprise step up teams this year and who will be the disappointments?

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Oh yea of little faith....................

09' top 10 ranked games:

#2 Carolina
#3 Eagles
#3Eagles
#6Giants
#6Giants
#9Falcons
#14Broncos
#15Packers
#16Redskins
#16Redskins
Average ranking for top 10. #9

2010 top 10 games:

#1Saints
#2Colts
#3Vikes
#6Pakers
#14Texans
#15Cardinals
#16Giants
#16Giants
#17Eagles
#17Eagles
Average ranking of top 10. #11

2009 average ranking of bottom six opponents: #19

2010 Average ranking of bottom six opponents: #22

Sometimes you just have to understand the numbers! The top 5 opponents in 2010 is projected to be murder and much tougher than last season. (by power ranking). But wait! The Cowboys played 3 of the 5 last year when they were just as tough but was not ranked as high!!! But none of this matters. Last season Carolina, Atlanta, Eagles, and Giants all turned out to be nowhere as tough as projected but GB, NO and SD was much tougher. So who will be the surprise step up teams this year and who will be the disappointments?

I do understand the numbers.

The 2009 schedule has a lower .500 and ranked 11th

The 2010 schedule has a higher.500 and is ranked as 3rd toughest

that has nothing with power ranking but actual W-L

Pick6
07-29-2010, 05:02 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/07/27/precamp.1/index.html

1 Jets
2 Saints
3 Ravens
4 Colts
5 Packers
6 Charges
7 Vikings
8 Cowboys
9 Falcons
10 Patriots

No where I've seen yet has had Dallas as the top ranked team like ff does. TXB is right, he just wants to build them up to bring them down.

Farmersfan
07-30-2010, 08:54 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/07/27/precamp.1/index.html

1 Jets
2 Saints
3 Ravens
4 Colts
5 Packers
6 Charges
7 Vikings
8 Cowboys
9 Falcons
10 Patriots

No where I've seen yet has had Dallas as the top ranked team like ff does. TXB is right, he just wants to build them up to bring them down.

Once again you butt in when the adults are talking and bring NOTHING to the table. Just like the ugly fat kid at the party you just sit in the corner until the popular kids start talking and then you sneak in and act like you are part of the group. Get a clue or Get a life! I don't care which.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/385313-nfl-offseason-power-rankings-summer-blockbuster-edition#page/31

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

http://lloydvance.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/2010-nfl-power-rankings-%E2%80%93-pre-training-camp/

This could go on all day! You get the point!

PPSTATEBOUND
07-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Like the ugly fat kid at the party you just sit in the corner until the popular kids start talking and then you sneak in and act like you are part of the group. Get a clue or Get a life! I don't care which.

FF hows that diet workin for ya?:eek:

Txbroadcaster
07-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Once again you butt in when the adults are talking and bring NOTHING to the table. Just like the ugly fat kid at the party you just sit in the corner until the popular kids start talking and then you sneak in and act like you are part of the group. Get a clue or Get a life! I don't care which.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/385313-nfl-offseason-power-rankings-summer-blockbuster-edition#page/31

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

http://lloydvance.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/2010-nfl-power-rankings-%E2%80%93-pre-training-camp/

This could go on all day! You get the point!

umm..none of those have Dallas as the top team which is exactly what Pick said

Farmersfan
07-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
FF hows that diet workin for ya?:eek:

That's cold blooded PP Steakhound!

Pick6
07-30-2010, 09:47 AM

He's not to bright, but we all already knew that. Just throw a bone out and he'll show his lack of knowledge.

Farmersfan
07-30-2010, 09:55 AM

Ok????????

Who said Dallas was picked #1 in any power rankings?

Farmersfan
07-30-2010, 10:17 AM
He's not to bright, but we all already knew that. Just throw a bone out and he'll show his lack of knowledge.

Perhaps a little humility is in order for you my good man! Care to respond to a little challenge? You and I will make our predictions on this season and we shall see.................................

Step up or step off!

Pick6
07-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Ok????????

Who said Dallas was picked #1 in any power rankings?

1. Dallas
2. Jets
3. Greenbay
4. Bengals
5. Colts
6. Vikes
7. Saints
8. Miami
9. Niners
10. Ravens

You did

Farmersfan
07-30-2010, 11:15 AM
I honest think Dallas has been top 3 in the NFL for several years now. This year I will say:

1. Dallas
2. Jets
3. Greenbay
4. Bengals
5. Colts
6. Vikes
7. Saints
8. Miami
9. Niners
10. Ravens

What's your picks?

Keep up Pick6! Don't invent stuff. It's makes you appear petty.
I never said they were picked #1 in any power rankings.

Pick6
07-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Keep up Pick6! Don't invent stuff. It's makes you appear petty.
I never said they were picked #1 in any power rankings.

It's kinda of funny that you are trying to argue against your own ranking, goes to prove the point how bright you are, or aren't :thinking:

Farmersfan
07-30-2010, 11:33 AM
It's kinda of funny that you are trying to argue against your own ranking, goes to prove the point how bright you are, or aren't :thinking:

I get it now! Sorry Pick6. I didn't understand that you consider my personal picks as official Power Rankings. Thanks for clairifying that for me.

BTW: You still haven't stepped up!

Pick6
07-30-2010, 11:49 AM
I get it now! Sorry Pick6. I didn't understand that you consider my personal picks as official Power Rankings. Thanks for clairifying that for me.

BTW: You still haven't stepped up!

They are your rankings. As usual you are trying to change something that you already posted.

Here's an offer for you to step up to, go one day without posting something stupid. Do you accept?

Txbroadcaster
07-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Back to the topic

I think Dallas is a top 5 team..I dont as of now think they are the BEST team.

Farmersfan
07-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Back to the topic

I think Dallas is a top 5 team..I dont as of now think they are the BEST team.

I don't know if we can get back on topic with a moron like Pick6 continually posting nonsense. But we can try.

Most Power Ranking sites agree with you TX. I don't! Dallas is the most complete team for bottom to top. Of couse there are holes that need filled but every team has those holes. Any lacking in the performance of this team is mental and not talent driven. Coaching and QB play are the two big obstacles that will prevent them from getting a title in my opinion. (and the opinion of a whole lot of other people). But perhaps you have convinced me that Romo is coming into his own because I truly believe this season will be the year. We'll see!

Txbroadcaster
07-30-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't know if we can get back on topic with a moron like Pick6 continually posting nonsense. But we can try.

Most Power Ranking sites agree with you TX. I don't! Dallas is the most complete team for bottom to top. Of couse there are holes that need filled but every team has those holes. Any lacking in the performance of this team is mental and not talent driven. Coaching and QB play are the two big obstacles that will prevent them from getting a title in my opinion. (and the opinion of a whole lot of other people). But perhaps you have convinced me that Romo is coming into his own because I truly believe this season will be the year. We'll see!

Show me one article from this year that says Dallas has an obstacle because Romo is the QB..................I will be waiting a long time.

Pick6
07-30-2010, 03:56 PM

Posting nonsense? it's your rankings. So now you're saying your rankings are nonsense? Your little pee brain is easy to play with...lol

Txbroadcaster
07-30-2010, 04:03 PM
I will say it again Farmer..Ur one of those fans that put your teams up to such a high expectation that 9 times out of 10 they will fail your level of success no matter what they do. I have seen you do that with the Mavs in posts as well.

You also pinpoint a player or two( Romo for Cowboys, Dirk for Mavs) who honestly cannot do one thing to make you happy.

Romo had basically the best year of his career last year and pretty much anyone who covers the NFL has commented on how great of a leader, player, teamate and QB he was last year..yet you still act like he failed Dallas in some way by only leading them to their first play off win since 96.

DU_stud04
07-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

if i had to rank them
viking
colts
patriots
saints
cowboys

i lied.... im dropping the cowboys down a bit more

vikings
patriots
saints
colts
packers
cowboys/eagles/jets/ravens

Farmersfan
08-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Show me one article from this year that says Dallas has an obstacle because Romo is the QB..................I will be waiting a long time.

Based on Romo's lack of postseason success, he's either a failure or a work in progress, depending on the levels of patience and jadedness of the people judging him. By Tim MacMahon
ESPNDallas.com
These are very profound words TX! Explore the definition of "Jadedness".

Main Entry: jaded
Function: adjective
Date: 1600
1 : fatigued by overwork : exhausted
2 : made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience or by surfeit <jaded network viewers> <jaded voters

Romo has become a lightening rod for questions and concerns about his ability to lead the Cowboys. (both on and off the field). He came a long way to dispelling a lot of the questions last season but still failed miserably in the last game of the season. As did all the Cowboys! Your attitude about my opinions of Romo are a little typical of someone who is intolerant of others and extremely biased towards this team. You attack my motivation for my opinions rather than the opinions themselves. Without regard for the fact that MILLIONS share my thoughts and concerns you continue to act as if my opinions are based on a inner desire to tear the Cowboys down. That is a 3rd graders response to a debate you aren't able to win. When it's based on opinion the only recourse is to attempt to discredit the person with the opinion in order to try to show yourself as the more knowledgeable person. I did not dislike Romo in the beginning. He EARNED my dislike with his actions on and off the field just like he EARNED the dislike of million of others. You have your opinion of what he brings to the table and I have mine. And there are just as many people who share mine as share yours. You rarely hear me speak badly of other Cowboys unless they do something to EARN the contempt.

From Urban Dictionary.com: Definition of Tony Romo.

"To drop something
To mess up horribly
To make the biggest **** up of your life
To be overrated
To be a guy who has fans that thinks he is the savior of their team, yet he hasn't started for a full season yet........
Don't Tony Romo the ball.
Don't Tony Romo the baby."
I had an affair with my wife and now she is going to divorce me. Well, at least I'm not Tony Romo.
I just found out I had cancer, but at least I'm not Tony Romo."

The internet is completely full of referrences to Tony Romo failures. Deny it if you chose to but don't criticize others for not ignoring them.

Farmersfan
08-02-2010, 09:50 AM
I will say it again Farmer..Ur one of those fans that put your teams up to such a high expectation that 9 times out of 10 they will fail your level of success no matter what they do. I have seen you do that with the Mavs in posts as well.

You also pinpoint a player or two( Romo for Cowboys, Dirk for Mavs) who honestly cannot do one thing to make you happy.

Romo had basically the best year of his career last year and pretty much anyone who covers the NFL has commented on how great of a leader, player, teamate and QB he was last year..yet you still act like he failed Dallas in some way by only leading them to their first play off win since 96.

And I will say it again TX.. Ur one of those fans that makes excuses and is satisfied with mediocrity and considers it success for one of the most talented teams in the NFL to win ONE playoff game in a 4 year stretch where they are a top 5 team in talent. Perhaps my expectations are too high but is that worst than you having them too low????? I don't think so!

SEE TEXAS RANGERS: Apathetic fans that continue to buy tickets and financially support a team that has a history of performing at the level of a very small market team even though they are in a top 3 market.

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Based on Romo's lack of postseason success, he's either a failure or a work in progress, depending on the levels of patience and jadedness of the people judging him. By Tim MacMahon
ESPNDallas.com
These are very profound words TX! Explore the definition of "Jadedness".

Main Entry: jaded
Function: adjective
Date: 1600
1 : fatigued by overwork : exhausted
2 : made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience or by surfeit <jaded network viewers> <jaded voters

Romo has become a lightening rod for questions and concerns about his ability to lead the Cowboys. (both on and off the field). He came a long way to dispelling a lot of the questions last season but still failed miserably in the last game of the season. As did all the Cowboys! Your attitude about my opinions of Romo are a little typical of someone who is intolerant of others and extremely biased towards this team. You attack my motivation for my opinions rather than the opinions themselves. Without regard for the fact that MILLIONS share my thoughts and concerns you continue to act as if my opinions are based on a inner desire to tear the Cowboys down. That is a 3rd graders response to a debate you aren't able to win. When it's based on opinion the only recourse is to attempt to discredit the person with the opinion in order to try to show yourself as the more knowledgeable person. I did not dislike Romo in the beginning. He EARNED my dislike with his actions on and off the field just like he EARNED the dislike of million of others. You have your opinion of what he brings to the table and I have mine. And there are just as many people who share mine as share yours. You rarely hear me speak badly of other Cowboys unless they do something to EARN the contempt.

From Urban Dictionary.com: Definition of Tony Romo.

"To drop something
To mess up horribly
To make the biggest **** up of your life
To be overrated
To be a guy who has fans that thinks he is the savior of their team, yet he hasn't started for a full season yet........
Don't Tony Romo the ball.
Don't Tony Romo the baby."
I had an affair with my wife and now she is going to divorce me. Well, at least I'm not Tony Romo.
I just found out I had cancer, but at least I'm not Tony Romo."

The internet is completely full of referrences to Tony Romo failures. Deny it if you chose to but don't criticize others for not ignoring them.

Your funny..you talk about an article from sept of 2009 whenypou know I was talking about after this past season..and then the article you mention is basically saying exactly my point

show me one post that I have ever shown low expectations.

NateDawg39
08-02-2010, 06:38 PM
And I will say it again TX.. Ur one of those fans that makes excuses and is satisfied with mediocrity and considers it success for one of the most talented teams in the NFL to win ONE playoff game in a 4 year stretch where they are a top 5 team in talent. Perhaps my expectations are too high but is that worst than you having them too low????? I don't think so!

SEE TEXAS RANGERS: Apathetic fans that continue to buy tickets and financially support a team that has a history of performing at the level of a very small market team even though they are in a top 3 market.

Or maybe he is just faithful and hopes for the best outcome?

:confused:

Not everyone gets worked up and requires medication by week 11 to lower that blood pressure

Farmersfan
08-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Just keeping the Cowboy talk alive:

I saw this morning that Vegas has now moved our Dallas Cowboys up to #1 for best Odds to win the NFC championship. Since the news hit about Favre's retirement the Vikes were moved out of the favorites spot. Dallas now is a 5-1 favorite!
Apparently the REST of the world is wrong also TX!
:D :D

From John Clayton. ESPN.com

"Unless the Vikings can talk Favre out of retiring, the Cowboys and Saints will be battling for the first seed in the conference, while the Packers have the best chance to take back the NFC North."
"The Cowboys have the most talent of any team in the conference. They have a 3-4 scheme that is loaded with playmakers who are just hitting their prime, along with an offense that includes Tony Romo, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Jason Witten and three good running backs."

NFC finish prediction:

1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. New Orleans Saints
4. Greenbay Packers
5. New York Giants

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5434060