PDA

View Full Version : DII, Region II

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Gilmer vs. Tatum
Atlanta vs. Jefferson

Tatum Eagles(8-4), District 16-3A runner-up

Tatum has an extremely capable and talented QB in Stephen Hodge. They have some "big play" guys at WR and a pretty stingy defense that held a decent Canton offense to a sub-100 yard performance. They are versatile on offense as they will both run and pass quite a bit.
Key players: Stephen Hodge (QB), Cordell Champion (RB), and Lennon Creer (RB)

Gilmer Buckeyes(12-0), District 11-3A champions

Gilmer is led on the field by QB Derek McKenzie, who generals an explosive, quick-striking offense. The Buckeyes pass around 30 times per game, and usually surpass the 200 yard mark in total pass yardage. The Buckeyes also run the ball effectively out of their "spread offense" amassing 337 rushing yards against Area foe Celina. The Buckeye defense is greatly improved from a lackluster first few games, allowing an average of just over 10 points per game, in the last seven games played.
Key players: Derek McKenzie (QB), Andrew Hines (RB), Manuel Johnson (WR), Jacob Dodd (LB), Daniel Dodd (LB), Casey Driggers (LB), Fred Walker (OL), and Drew Marshall (OL).

Atlanta Rabbits (8-4), District 12-3A champions

The Atlanta team is just scary, like they always are. The Rabbits always find a way to reach the playoffs and then subsequently cause havoc. They have an unrelenting defense that can control the tempo of games. Their offense, though a little suspect at times, has improved throughout the course of the year. The Rabbits are a playoff savvy team, and should always be considered a threat.
Key players: The entire defense

Jefferson Bulldogs(8-4), District 15-3A runner-up

The Bulldogs are deceptively fast. With JoJo Rawls (2) and Calvin Dennis (40) in the backfield, the Dawgs can break out and score in bunches. Their offense is mainly ground-oriented, with very few passes ever being attempted. Their defense is solid and quick. This team makes very few mistakes and is quick to capitalize on their opponents' mistakes.
Key players: JoJo Rawls (RB/FS), Calvin Dennis (FB/LB), Jason Neuville (QB/CB)

These should be two very exciting games to watch. I'll make my predictions now.
Gilmer 48
Tatum 6

Atlanta 14
Jefferson 6

Good luck to all these teams, and GO Buckeyes!!!!

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 05:27 PM
I agree with you about how good the games will be, Buckeye80, and might I add that you, Buckeye80 are looking exceptionally fit as of late! What is your secret Buckeye80? Tell your lovely wife I send my regards, and you be careful on your way to Rose Stadium this weekend. Toodles!! :D :D

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 05:29 PM
I completely agree with both Buckeye80 and Buckeye80. They are exceptional gentlemen with sharp wits!!

I'm just playin' around everyone....hope someone is laughing! :( frown

cc700
11-24-2003, 08:20 PM
ATLANTA IS THE ONLY TEAM LEFT IN D-2 THAT WILL HAVE ANY CHANCE AGINST GILMER.

Rabbit'93
11-24-2003, 09:03 PM
You're a dork..hehehe :p :D