PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Yoe - Farewell Thoughts

Milk That Cow
07-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Since Cameron Yoe is not gonna be in the 3A ranks anymore, I wanted to give some farewell thoughts...

2009 was just an awful year...

No District Championship
No Playoffs
No Beating Rockdale

They had plenty of talent, but they just couldn't put it together on the field...

Now after a strong 7 on 7 showing this summer, and again, a very, very talented ballclub in 2010. I expect them to be a legitimate state championship contender in 2A...

And don't be surprised if they go undefeated against the 3A teams they play in pre-season...

Finally, Cameron folks y'all need to start recruiting more families to move to Yoemen Country so y'all can move back to 3A in 2012...

Yoe_09
07-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Since Cameron Yoe is not gonna be in the 3A ranks anymore, I wanted to give some farewell thoughts...

2009 was just an awful year...

No District Championship
No Playoffs
No Beating Rockdale

They had plenty of talent, but they just couldn't put it together on the field...

Now after a strong 7 on 7 showing this summer, and again, a very, very talented ballclub in 2010. I expect them to be a legitimate state championship contender in 2A...

And don't be surprised if they go undefeated against the 3A teams they play in pre-season...

Finally, Cameron folks y'all need to start recruiting more families to move to Yoemen Country so y'all can move back to 3A in 2012...

2009 was pretty much awful. For the non-district and first half of the district play the Yoe looked pretty rough but that did change in the second half. Playing players both ways and a few move ups from JV really changed things.

Biggest questions for the Yoemen in 2010(in my opinion):
1. O-line
2. Qb play

Coach Tuck has always done a good job with the O-line.

QB Rhoades has looked pretty impressive but I am going to need to see him start in a few games.

Honestly the expectations for this year could not be any higher literally.

Aesculus gilmus
07-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Don't worry. If Class 6A comes about in 2012, 3A will probably move down to you.

HEMOTOXIC
07-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Good Luck to the Yoemen in 2A.

Should be a dandy when the Yoemen travel to Rattler Country!

Old Tiger
07-27-2010, 04:35 PM
all depends on their defense which was their weak spot last year.

Rabid Cougar
07-27-2010, 06:07 PM
They aren't going to 3 A. They are just playing their District Schedule before the OFF week.

Coach BS
07-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Nothing less than a state title, not just in football either is what I hear the coaches are stressing this year. So, yes the expectations are high. Cameron will do well in 2a , see you back on the downlow in 2 years. bye

Milk That Cow
07-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Nothing less than a state title, not just in football either is what I hear the coaches are stressing this year.

They have enough talent to do it...

Coach BS
07-29-2010, 03:29 PM
They have enough talent to do it... In 2a maybe, they are gonna be good. It's just funny they drop down to 2a and they think will run the table in everything. I'm just saying it aint gonna be no cakewalk

Yoe_09
07-29-2010, 03:48 PM
In 2a maybe, they are gonna be good. It's just funny they drop down to 2a and they think will run the table in everything. I'm just saying it aint gonna be no cakewalk

Whoever thinks its gonna be a cakewalk in 2a is probably crazy. The expectations are just based on what we have coming in this year. The thing is we have the capability of winning in several sports this year but you cannot take anyone lightly.

Milk That Cow
07-29-2010, 04:11 PM
In 2a maybe, they are gonna be good. It's just funny they drop down to 2a and they think will run the table in everything. I'm just saying it aint gonna be no cakewalk

They Play Navasota, Waco LaVega, Waco Connally, and Rockdale for Pre-Season.

All 3A Teams.

They will have more Talent than all of those 3A Ballclubs...

in my humble opinion...

HEMOTOXIC
07-29-2010, 04:33 PM
I
They Play Navasota, Waco LaVega, Waco Connally, and Rockdale for Pre-Season.

All 3A Teams.

They will have more Talent than all of those 3A Ballclubs...

in my humble opinion...

Talent doesn't equal success. The talent is apparently there, but, Cameron always has talent. We see it every two years, team a dropping down a classification and expecting to win championships. Yes, Cameron can win, but, will they? What other sports are the Yoemen expected to excell in? Football for sure, basketball not so much based on what I've seen.

Rabid Cougar
07-29-2010, 05:41 PM

Just ask Brownwood.

gatordaze
07-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Just ask Brownwood.

Or Celina! Daingerfield is good no matter what the classification!

Yoe_09
07-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I

Talent doesn't equal success. The talent is apparently there, but, Cameron always has talent. We see it every two years, team a dropping down a classification and expecting to win championships. Yes, Cameron can win, but, will they? What other sports are the Yoemen expected to excell in? Football for sure, basketball not so much based on what I've seen.

It is for sure not basketball...to be honest we are just basically an average bb team. The Yoe have a good chance in Volleyball and Baseball and possibly softball depending on what happens there.

ronwx5x
07-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Or Celina! Daingerfield is good no matter what the classification!

Celina dropped from 3A to 2A in 2004, went to quarterfinals in 04, state champ in 2005. Daingerfield dropped from 3A to 2A and won a state title in their 3rd year. Not sure what you mean.

fresh-j
07-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Yoe will win state...if they don't have to play Daingerfield

:D ;) :cool:

Coach BS
07-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
It is for sure not basketball...to be honest we are just basically an average bb team. The Yoe have a good chance in Volleyball and Baseball and possibly softball depending on what happens there. In volleyball yes , Baseball too up and down , softball you have no pitching.

HEMOTOXIC
07-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
It is for sure not basketball...to be honest we are just basically an average bb team. The Yoe have a good chance in Volleyball and Baseball and possibly softball depending on what happens there.

Got ya. I like what Cameron puts out. Im sure that you guys will do well!

Milk That Cow
09-11-2010, 03:48 PM

After seeing them play for the first time Friday Night...

I stick by my pre-season predictions as they are a legitimate state championship contender in 2A and they will be favored against Navasota...

Their Defense is vastly improved and the Offense has plenty of weapons...