PDA

View Full Version : smithville tigers

jrhernandez7
07-27-2010, 12:38 AM
smithville has been quitely been building a solid program and has been rapidly getting better of the last 4 years under coach wiley a understudy of coach mcqueen. the offseason programs have been remarkeable on how they aproach the game now, not just for 3 months a year but now a 12 month comitment from all of there athletes. the j.v teams over the last two years have been remarkeable and filled with talent thats ready to blossem i belive real soon. with alot of teams in district with new coaches an porenial powers haveing some changeover in key postitions this could be the year the tigers turn the corner an make the playoffs. these kids now have the winning cultre inbeded in them from keeping talent on j.v and letting them find out how to win first befor bringing them up out of need. they well be tested early with porenial 2a power lexington, and up an coming teams with speed like wharton needville and columbus. there biggest non-district test will be on the road agains pre season top 10 wimberly. wich i believe smithville well play them tough, and give them one hell of a shot. if this tiger team continues this season from what they been quitely building, i think this could be the year smithville turns the corner and makes the playoffs witch would be remarkeable and well desereved with teams like rockdale, la grange, giddings, caldwell , an navasota. i hope those teams dont take the week to loaf they play smithville bc the name on the jersey there playing, could be bad news for them.

BaseballUmp
07-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Sorry and please do not take this as being a douche because all i have been looking at is failbook.com for the past hour, but you edited this and I mean wow lol, sorry just saying.

eagles_victory
07-27-2010, 03:26 AM
This guy might be the most underrated homer on the board. He is up there with the Celina and Brownwood homers we have.

jrhernandez7
07-27-2010, 07:20 AM
2006 0-10 (pre wiley era)2007 2-10, 2008 3-7, 2009 4-6, 2010 5-5. 2011??? i am a homer, but cant denie the facts this team is getting better, and if they continue like there doing, its not that far fetched.

Pudlugger
07-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Spelling and punctuation errors notwithstanding, jrhernandez7 has a good point. The Tigers are improving and they have made some really good teams sweat in the past couple of years, especially La Grange. They whipped the Leps in the 2008 season and almost came from behind in an offensive shoot out last year. If they can develop a little more consistency they might knock off some of the D23 favorites this season.

FbCoachB40
07-27-2010, 01:03 PM
I want to know how Jr. is predicting a 5-5 season for 2010. That is pretty cocky

FbCoachB40
07-27-2010, 01:05 PM
I would also like to know how the tigers went 2-10 in '07? Did they make the playoffs by going 1-9, and then win the opening round, and lose in the second round?

Pudlugger
07-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I believe jrhernandez7 has the years wrong. Football season ends in the beginning half of the school year so, for example, the 2007-2008 year is 2007 for football and 2008 for baseball. If you subtract a year from each season he lists the records will be correct.

LE Dad
07-27-2010, 01:44 PM
:doh: This makes my head hurt.:mad:

eagles_victory
07-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
2006 0-10 (pre wiley era)2007 2-10, 2008 3-7, 2009 4-6, 2010 5-5. 2011??? i am a homer, but cant denie the facts this team is getting better, and if they continue like there doing, its not that far fetched. I just remember this is the third year in the row you have been singing Smithville's praises and putting the rest of the state on watch. I remember you posting some video warning the district about Smithville because they were 4-0 in non district they finished like 1-5 the rest of the year.

Bullaholic
07-27-2010, 03:00 PM
C'mon folks---this man is not making any outrageous claims for Smithville---only reflecting his higher expectations for his team----yes homerism, but what's wrong with posters of teams we seldom hear from telling us about their team's prospects and why they believe in their team. Not even in the same league with some of the rabid, dogmatic posters from some programs.

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
C'mon folks---this man is not making any outrageous claims for Smithville---only reflecting his higher expectations for his team----yes homerism, but what's wrong with posters of teams we seldom hear from telling us about their team's prospects and why they believe in their team. Not even in the same league with some of the rabid, dogmatic posters from some programs.

:clap:

Lord knows there are much worse on here.:dispntd:

zebrablue2
07-27-2010, 03:16 PM

Well put Bull. I would love to see Smithville make even more strides this season. That is one hell of a district, and the 3 teams that come out of that one will be playoff ready. Good luck to JRH and his tigers....

Bullaholic
07-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Well put Bull. I would love to see Smithville make even more strides this season. That is one hell of a district, and the 3 teams that come out of that one will be playoff ready. Good luck to JRH and his tigers....

Thanks, zebra---I just hate to see any of these posters act like us "rabid, dogmatic" Bulls fans....:D

HEMOTOXIC
07-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I must admit, I was one of the ones who has jumped on the Smithville bandwagon in the past. After sharing a district with the Tigers (Navasota), I saw how hard those young men played against a Rattler team who probably should have blown them off the field. It's kind of hard not to pull for a team like Smithville when they are in a district with the likes of Giddings, Sealy, Bellville, La Grange, Columbus- Now, Caldwell, Giddings, Navasota, La Grange, and Rockdale.

Maybe this is their year after last season started so promising for the Tigers.

Good Luck to the Smithville Tigers.

LE Dad
07-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks, zebra---I just hate to see any of these posters act like us "rabid, dogmatic" Bulls fans....:D Haha not knocking Smithville. I know ZERO about them....

but reading this thread made my head hurt.:doh: Now it hurts twice as much as it did before.:(

jrhernandez7
07-27-2010, 07:17 PM
i mean if you honsestly wana put it . i like this, what would football be with a little trash talk. who knows i got a feeling that smithville might end up with a better recored than a few of them. I like to see what your teams would do against the likes of our district and the level of football being played in this area week in and week out. rember it was not only 6 years ago since they owned the longes loosing streak in the state at 34 or something like that games. going to be some good football to watch, i know that.

Coach BS
07-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
2006 0-10 (pre wiley era)2007 2-10, 2008 3-7, 2009 4-6, 2010 5-5. 2011??? i am a homer, but cant denie the facts this team is getting better, and if they continue like there doing, its not that far fetched. I'm guessing they will be 6-4

95mustang
07-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Haha not knocking Smithville. I know ZERO about them.....:(

Thats never stopped you before!
:devil:

LE Dad
07-28-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Thats never stopped you before!
:devil: :tongue: :tongue: I have never posted anything about Smithville....lol:D

zebrablue2
07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Haha not knocking Smithville. I know ZERO about them....

but reading this thread made my head hurt.:doh: Now it hurts twice as much as it did before.:(

they make little pills for that head hurt u know!! instead of 2, take 4:D

jrhernandez7
07-28-2010, 10:24 PM
8/27 @ Lexington
9/03 wharton
9/10@wimberley
9/17@needville
10/1@ columbus
10/8 caldwell
10/15 Rockdale
10/22@ giddings
10/29 Navasota
11/5@ La Grange

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/qaLbTIJw7k6l5aGBfJVebQ/smithville-tigers/football/schedule.htm

wow if max preps is acurate 4 away games in non district is brutal. and aginst no slouches either. then have to step into whats going to be a brutal district race. We are going to find out this year how far smithville realy has come along. since 06. i think a 5-5 or 6-4 record is not that far fetched. on even given night the team that plays hardest can win no mater what talent level. and smithville will do that for sure. i just dont know where there going to get them from tho. lol. with there star qb departing, i am very intrested to see how they do this year. if they can do what i think they can do, coach wiley is a futre name to look out for on th big schools job search wish list. 5-5 im happy. but i know if this squad doesent play hard every single night it could just as easy be 2-8.

bobcat4life
07-28-2010, 11:56 PM
thats a brutal schedule for a program trying to get on its feet. Good luck to them this year

watcheverything
07-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Know Wiley and the rest of his staff. Classy individuals. Don't count them out. Programs that have been down before, wake up to be giants. With Wiley and his staff, anything is possible. Best of luck to the Tigers. :thinking: