PDA

View Full Version : Daingerfield vs. Celina

SHSBulldog00
07-27-2010, 12:38 AM
I would love to see this game. Could they play in the near future? (non district)

buckeyebob
07-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Celina has had all of Daingerfield that they want.

Matthew328
07-27-2010, 06:59 AM
yeah at least for the next two years they've had their fill

LE Dad
07-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I would love to see this game. Could they play in the near future? (non district) Not this year you wouldn't.. :dispntd:
The D in D'field stands for D1 talent and they are loaded with it!! I would suggest the D'field/Gilmer game... Those 2 schools will have 1 heck of a game this year!!:D

gatordaze
07-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
yeah at least for the next two years they've had their fill

I find it interesting how non-district games are scheduled. I imagine the scene from a trading floor where people are buying and selling stocks and I imagine that the same motivations exist. People only buy when they think they have a chance. When Celina was on top they could barely find anyone to play pre-district. Now that they are perceived as weak everyone is talking about how Celina is scared to play.

Brownwood, Prosper, Argyle just about anyone that has been Celina's historical Biznitch now wants revenge or wants something that Celina has like the state record for championships wants to schedule them. Where was Daingerfield before thay collected 7 D1 players on a single team?

Celina is always everyones Superbowl. You should have seen the crowd and the hoopla that Frisco Wakeland brought to town a couple of years ago. You would have though Peyton Manning played for them.

I wouldn't count Celina out.

PPSTATEBOUND
07-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Where was Daingerfield before thay collected 7 D1 players on a single team?

The 3A semis 2002.

BILLYFRED0000
07-27-2010, 07:47 AM
I don't mind playin those guys. Good team to play. Fun games and good football fans. Good football tradition. It is the kind of bunch that you enjoy playing win or lose. They do appreciate their football.

jason
07-27-2010, 07:49 AM

Celina is always everyones Superbowl.

:rolleyes:

Pick6
07-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by jason
:rolleyes:

agreed

garciap77
07-27-2010, 07:55 AM
I find it interesting how non-district games are scheduled. I imagine the scene from a trading floor where people are buying and selling stocks and I imagine that the same motivations exist. People only buy when they think they have a chance. When Celina was on top they could barely find anyone to play pre-district. Now that they are perceived as weak everyone is talking about how Celina is scared to play.

Brownwood, Prosper, Argyle just about anyone that has been Celina's historical Biznitch now wants revenge or wants something that Celina has like the state record for championships wants to schedule them. Where was Daingerfield before thay collected 7 D1 players on a single team?

Celina is always everyones Superbowl. You should have seen the crowd and the hoopla that Frisco Wakeland brought to town a couple of years ago. You would have though Peyton Manning played for them.

I wouldn't count Celina out.

You are talking 2A, right?:D

waterboy
07-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Daingerfield has a lot of tradition, too. They don't have to view Celina or any other team as their "Super Bowl". As a matter of fact, anytime they play teams with a history of winning they bring their A game. They must've brought their A game for Celina in all 3 of their encounters. You have to actually beat a team like Daingerfield to get their full respect. They're funny that way. While they respect teams with a winning tradition, they don't fear you until you beat them.........sometimes not until you give them a good whooping.:D

gatordaze
07-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Daingerfield has a lot of tradition, too. They don't have to view Celina or any other team as their "Super Bowl". As a matter of fact, anytime they play teams with a history of winning they bring their A game. They must've brought their A game for Celina in all 3 of their encounters. You have to actually beat a team like Daingerfield to get their full respect. They're funny that way. While they respect teams with a winning tradition, they don't fear you until you beat them.........sometimes not until you give them a good whooping.:D

Thats fair. I really was just speaking of the teams that are claiming Celina is scared to play them. If they refused to schedule anyone this year I am sure it was strategic and not out of fear of getting beat. Celina looks at the season in thirds. Pre-season, district and playoffs. The last two years we have had a brutal schedule with a very tough district with Prosper and Argyle and several very good pre-district match-ups in TCA, Daingerfield and Whitehouse. Those match-ups took a toll in injury and fatigue at positions that we really did not have a lot of depth at o-line and QB. I believe that playing great opposition increases the number of plays a kid gets and increases the chance of injury with the increased intensity.

When the alignment went the way it did I think that the coaches saw a strategic opportunity to hopefully stay healthy and be ready for the third season.

Celina has great depth across the O and D lines and should be able to let Seniors play and a lot of younger kids get experience. If it all plays out the 2's will be nearly as good as the 1's by the time the playoffs roll around and Celina will be able to rotate fresh players in across both lines which will be a huge advantage and a departure from the last two seasons that were injury filled.

The real downside is that the coaches will have to earn their pay to make the boys ready for the eventual match-ups in late November. I really don't care if we have 10 scrimmages and the playoffs as long as they are ready.

As for the Superbowl comment, I am reflecting on the behavior of the teams and fans when we do lose. Daingerfield aside, Prosper and TCA acted as if they won the Superbowl after their victories. I really thought Prosper was going to tear down their own goal posts after they beat us in 08'. TCA fans rushed the field last year.

Matthew328
07-27-2010, 08:44 AM
When Daingerfield scheduled Celina two years ago I dont think anyone saw what they did coming...that win for Daingerfield over Celina IMO is what got them going to the two titles...

All I am saying is at least for two years Celina has had their fill...and yes realignment day is crazy...one of the most fun days every 2 years for me..think NY Stock Exchange but crazier.

BILLYFRED0000
07-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
When Daingerfield scheduled Celina two years ago I dont think anyone saw what they did coming...that win for Daingerfield over Celina IMO is what got them going to the two titles...

All I am saying is at least for two years Celina has had their fill...and yes realignment day is crazy...one of the most fun days every 2 years for me..think NY Stock Exchange but crazier.

Yeah it is fun. While I think every two years is a lot it sure does bring anticipation.

Old&Crusty
07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
"Where was Daingerfield before thay collected 7 D1 players on a single team?"

They were busy ending our state record win streak.

hollywood
07-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Thats fair. I really was just speaking of the teams that are claiming Celina is scared to play them.

Don't care what ya say, yall are still scared.:D

oldtownag
07-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Celina is always everyones Superbowl.

Celina was Carthage's State Championship. Not our Super Bowl.

Gilmer is Carthage's Super Bowl!

waterboy
07-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Gilmer is Carthage's Super Bowl!
:hand: I think you have it the other way around. We were the Super Bowl for Carthage in '08, and will probably be this year, too. Y'all will be just another district win for us this year. Y'all were extremely lucky not to have had to play us last year, but y'all won't be able to duck us this year. We will spank y'all in your house this year. Getcha popcorn ready! :1popcorn: The ONLY Super Bowl for the Buckeyes is the State Championship game itself.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
:hand: I think you have it the other way around. We were the Super Bowl for Carthage in '08, and will probably be this year, too. Y'all will be just another district win for us this year. Y'all were extremely lucky not to have had to play us last year, but y'all won't be able to duck us this year. We will spank y'all in your house this year. Getcha popcorn ready! :1popcorn: The ONLY Super Bowl for the Buckeyes is the State Championship game itself.

dont pretend that Gilmer is not looking at the Carthage game as the biggest of the season

Buckeye1980
07-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
dont pretend that Gilmer is not looking at the Carthage game as the biggest of the season

Right now , the biggest game of the season is Atlanta. Our biggest game is our NEXT game ...that's jus how we roll!

waterboy
Pretend? Don't think so. Will it come down to Gilmer and Carthage for a district title? Probably. Is that game important? Yes, for a number of reasons. Will it be the biggest game of the season? NO! We plan on winning long after that game is a memory.;) I'm sure Carthage thinks of it the same way, too. They know what's coming.......a district title will likely be decided that night.

hollywood

What does Carthage have coming back this year?

hollywood
07-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Pretend? Don't think so. Will it come down to Gilmer and Carthage for a district title? Probably. Is that game important? Yes, for a number of reasons. Will it be the biggest game of the season? NO! We plan on winning long after that game is a memory.;) I'm sure Carthage thinks of it the same way, too. They know what's coming.......a district title will likely be decided that night.

How is Gilmer going to be this season now that Stump is gone?

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2010, 04:00 PM

ok i will calrify..it is the biggest game of the regular season.

Buckeye1980
07-27-2010, 04:08 PM

amd once again , Right now , the biggest game of the season is Atlanta. Our biggest game is our NEXT game ...that's jus how we roll!

waterboy
07-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
How is Gilmer going to be this season now that Stump is gone?
The Buckeyes will be plenty good. There are some question marks, but they will just reload like they have for the last decade. This year at QB will be either Luke Turner (who is taller, a little bigger, and slightly faster than Stump, with a strong and accurate arm), or Jordan Traylor (who is taller, bigger, and has a strong and accurate arm). Both of these guys can absolutely sling the ball. Luke is the faster of the two, but both are fully capable of running the spread as efficiently as any QB in the past. Every player on the team has played and learned this offense since peewee football, so I don't look for much drop-off at all on offense. Defensively, we will be even stronger, I think, based on the fact that at least 9 of the 11 players that will start played extensively last year during the regular season and the playoffs. We only have 1 returning starter on offense, and 4 returning starters on defense, but don't let that fool you. Almost every one of this year's starters played a LOT last year, so that's almost a misnomer. The thing about the Buckeyes is.........they rotate players in and out so much during the season that it is extremely hard to keep track with who the starters are.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
amd once again , Right now , the biggest game of the season is Atlanta. Our biggest game is our NEXT game ...that's jus how we roll!

blah blah blah lol..sorry fans can say that..coaches can say that..but we ALL KNOW we all find those 1 or 2 games a year that get us the most excited..for Gilmer

1. Carthage
1A D-Field
2 Pitt
2A Henderson

waterboy
07-27-2010, 04:27 PM
NO......you're wrong. The biggest regular season game is the next game, which happens to be Atlanta. Will the coaches be preparing early? In a sense, yes, but to say that is the biggest regular season game for us is wrong. At least at this point it is. Ask me on October 8th, and I will tell you the Carthage game is the most important game of the regular season, but until then......no they ain't.:p Ask me after the Carthage game and I'll tell you it's Spring Hill.

waterboy
07-27-2010, 04:31 PM
blah blah blah lol..sorry fans can say that..coaches can say that..but we ALL KNOW we all find those 1 or 2 games a year that get us the most excited..for Gilmer

1. Carthage
1A D-Field
2 Pitt
2A Henderson
I won't lie and say I won't get excited about those games, BUT they don't become important until they become our NEXT GAME! It always has been, and always will be ONE GAME AT A TIME. You make it sound like they're our "Super Bowl". No they aren't. On the other hand, we WILL likely be most of those teams' "Super Bowl", though.:p

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2010, 04:32 PM
NO......you're wrong. The biggest regular season game is the next game, which happens to be Atlanta. Will the coaches be preparing early? In a sense, yes, but to say that is the biggest regular season game for us is wrong. At least at this point it is. Ask me on October 8th, and I will tell you the Carthage game is the most important game of the regular season, but until then......no they ain't.:p Ask me after the Carthage game and I'll tell you it's Spring Hill.

again you can use the coach speak all you want..FANS look to the big games every year simple as that.

oldtownag
07-27-2010, 04:35 PM
NO......you're wrong. The biggest regular season game is the next game, which happens to be Atlanta.

Oh yea, what about all that "Code Red" crap last year?

I suspect you can say whatever you want. The fact is everybody including the Gilmer players have the Carthage-Gilmer matchup on the brain.

waterboy
07-27-2010, 04:35 PM
again you can use the coach speak all you want..FANS look to the big games every year simple as that.
Sorry to burst your bubble but I ain't no coach, and this ain't "coach speak". Yeah, I will get excited about all of those games you mentioned, but I will also be excited about ALL the other games as well. ONE GAME AT A TIME! I'm ready for some FOOTBALL! Geeeessshh!

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but I ain't no coach, and this ain't "coach speak". Yeah, I will get excited about all of those games you mentioned, but I will also be excited about ALL the other games as well. ONE GAME AT A TIME! I'm ready for some FOOTBALL! Geeeessshh!

I know ur not a coach lol..hence why I said coach speak.

Did not say a fan wont get excited about all the games..I said there are certain games that your alrwady getting excited for

which by th way..IS A GOOD THING. Not sure why so many are acting like it so wrong as a fan to look forward

waterboy
07-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Oh yea, what about all that "Code Red" crap last year?

I suspect you can say whatever you want. The fact is everybody including the Gilmer players have the Carthage-Gilmer matchup on the brain.
We have a motto EVERY year. What makes you think last year's motto was "crap"? The "Code Red" motto last year wasn't just about Carthage. It was born from the idea that the only teams that beat us in '08 happen to be wearing red as the main color on their uniform......Kilgore and Carthage. So, NO, it wasn't just about Carthage. You saw what we did to the Kilgore team last year. The same fate, though probably not as bad, would've been bestowed on Carthage had we played. You'd be lying if you said Carthage and their players didn't have Gilmer on their mind, too. Deny it all you want, but the Buckeyes will be on the mind of your Bulldogs this year. That's meeting is a long way away. Y'all take care of the teams that are before us, and we'll take care of the teams that are before you. It should be dandy! Getcha popcorn ready!:1popcorn:

mwynn05
07-27-2010, 05:41 PM
I cant wait for this barn burner on 9/9/10 in Corsicana: Daingerfield v. Bruceville-Eddy

LE Dad
07-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I cant wait for this barn burner on 9/9/10 in Corsicana: Daingerfield v. Bruceville-Eddy B-E should never have scheduled that game. There is a reason why Center backed out of playing D'field and on 9/9 I am thinking B-E will find out why the hard way.:doh: :dispntd:

oldtownag
07-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Settle down WB. Since I am the only regular Carthage presence here on the 3ADL I have to defend my Dawgs.

I will see you in Carthage in a few months. Here's to both Carthage and Gilmer being undefeated.

BTW, Carthage at Jacksonville - our season gets tough week 0!

mwynn05
07-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
B-E should never have scheduled that game. There is a reason why Center backed out of playing D'field and on 9/9 I am thinking B-E will find out why the hard way.:doh: :dispntd: they didnt have much choice some one back out late on them as well

Buckeye1980
07-28-2010, 09:36 AM
We have a motto EVERY year. What makes you think last year's motto was "crap"? The "Code Red" motto last year wasn't just about Carthage. It was born from the idea that the only teams that beat us in '08 happen to be wearing red as the main color on their uniform......Kilgore and Carthage. So, NO, it wasn't just about Carthage. You saw what we did to the Kilgore team last year. The same fate, though probably not as bad, would've been bestowed on Carthage had we played. You'd be lying if you said Carthage and their players didn't have Gilmer on their mind, too. Deny it all you want, but the Buckeyes will be on the mind of your Bulldogs this year. That's meeting is a long way away. Y'all take care of the teams that are before us, and we'll take care of the teams that are before you. It should be dandy! Getcha popcorn ready!:1popcorn:

WB, you have to understand Carthage people, they think nobody exist except Carthage , such a shame they do not understand there are other schools throughout the state of Texas