PDA

View Full Version : Texas State Drive to FBS

BaseballUmp
07-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Link (http://bobcatfans.com/archives/1603)

Drive to FBS (http://www.athletics.txstate.edu/thedrive/faq.htm)

We are in the pursuit of becoming a FBS(D-1) school...check out the first link and take a look at our new turf...can't wait for Bobcat Football to begin!!!

Eat'em Up Cats!!!

Keith7
07-26-2010, 08:09 PM
FBS status isn't all it's cracked up to be

NateDawg39
07-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
FBS status isn't all it's cracked up to be Neither is being a Philly fan ;)

BaseballUmp
07-26-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm sure if your team could produce, that would be different lol

Rabid Cougar
07-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I'm sure if your team could produce, that would be different lol

It will.

DavidWooderson
07-26-2010, 09:40 PM
When did they get the new turf?

BaseballUmp
07-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
When did they get the new turf?
It's been about a month or so now...its the same type of turf the Patriots have...

It's not the normal painted on images either, everything was sown into place.

It looks pretty plush to me. Might have to go check it out one day soon

Phil C
07-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Texas State is on its' way to being a super power in college football. They have a terrific defense. They beat UT in 7 on 7 4 - 3. Thank goodness we don't have to play them this year. The Texas State defense is going to be tough. Their defense held Texas to one field goal and scored two safeties to win 4 - 3. Whew!

NateDawg39
07-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Texas State is on its' way to being a super power in college football. They have a terrific defense. They beat UT in 7 on 7 4 - 3. Thank goodness we don't have to play them this year. The Texas State defense is going to be tough. Their defense held Texas to one field goal and scored two safeties to win 4 - 3. Whew! Phil do you think they belong with the mighty Big 12?

Emerson1
07-26-2010, 11:50 PM
It's been about a month or so now...its the same type of turf the Patriots have...

It's not the normal painted on images either, everything was sown into place.

It looks pretty plush to me. Might have to go check it out one day soon
That's how Forney's is, not that special.

But go Texas State, I'm sure they'll get a huge payout from Texas to pay for that turf in the next few years when they play them.!

Phil C
07-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Phil do you think they belong with the mighty Big 12?

Indeed yes Nate. And having State in that name will help very much in their recruiting.

44INAROW
07-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Texas State is on its' way to being a super power in college football. They have a terrific defense. They beat UT in 7 on 7 4 - 3. Thank goodness we don't have to play them this year. The Texas State defense is going to be tough. Their defense held Texas to one field goal and scored two safeties to win 4 - 3. Whew!

I'll be following Texas State- hoping to see a familiar QB on the field ;)

BaseballUmp
07-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'll be following Texas State- hoping to see a familiar QB on the field ;)

He's got a good shot. It's wide open at the QB position

AP Panther Fan
07-27-2010, 05:09 PM

And now they have the teenage terminator that will be moving there in August. That will certainly increase the threat.
;)

I didn't get to see the new turf last week while there, but I was amazed at the addition to the Campus Recreation Center. I think it has probably tripled in size over the last several years. Huge rock climbing wall - not that you could force me to climb it.:)

DDBooger
07-27-2010, 05:32 PM
He's got a good shot. It's wide open at the QB position yup, Beeville's Soza transferred to UTSA with the OC Bush to play with Coker. It's between Arndt, kid from CC Carroll and Laredo United. That kid from CCC will probably get the nod at the beginning of the season. He can make things happen with his legs. Pretty decent passer.

VWG
07-27-2010, 09:07 PM
SWT......ughhhhh, I mean TX State has to average at least what, 15,000 per game to meet minimum requirements?
Can they do that?

As an alumni not having been to a game in years, I can't ever remember (except homecoming games) seeing close to 15,000 at a Bobcat game.

BaseballUmp
07-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Last year it was about 12,500 or so, and if they do extend the stands into the bowl, then i could see it easily make it to the 15,000 needed