PDA

View Full Version : Sophomore State Baseball Tournament Hillsboro

Yoe_09
07-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Ill be heading out at about 12:15 to head up to Hillsboro Texas for the TTAB Sophomore State Baseball Tournament.

Teams include:

1. Cameron A's
2. Belton Reds
3. Killeen Rangers
4. Hillsboro Team 48
5. New Boston Braves
6. Bosqueville Dawgs
7. Alvarado Indians
8. Grand Saline Indians
9. Henderson Black
10. Early Gold

Game 1 6PM:
Cameron A's
Vs.
Bosqueville Dawgs
Winner plays Belton Reds(bye) in second round

Game 2 6PM:
Henderson Black
Vs.
Alvarado Indians
Winner plays Early Gold(bye) in second round

Game 3 8PM:
Hillsboro Team 48
Vs.
New Boston Braves
Winner gets bye in second round

Game 4 8PM:
Grand Saline Indians
Vs.
Kileen Rangers

Ill be bringing updates via Twitter: www.twitter.com/yoemen

rholl
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Should be fun!!!! Cant wait!

Yoe_09
07-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by rholl
Should be fun!!!! Cant wait!

yeah, im currently sitting in the La Quinta in Hillsboro and there is a rain cloud on the north side of town but it is moving north. Are you gonna be here?

Yoe_09
07-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Bosqueville Dawgs: 0
Cameron A's: 4

Bosqueville had a pretty good lefty that could throw some heat but the A's just had really good timely hitting. The A's pitching was also excellent throwing 5 innings of 3 hit shutout ball.

Final/inclement weather in 6th

Henderson Black: 6
Alvarado Indians: 5

Final/inclement weather in 6th

The 8pm games that were scheduled for tonight will be played tomorrow at 4. The rest of the bracket/times are currently still set.

XMan
07-27-2010, 05:39 AM
What affiliation is running this tournament?

rholl
07-27-2010, 07:29 AM
yea was there....be back tonight if the rain holds off.
Affiliation is TTAB....Texas Teenage baseball.

Yoe_09
07-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Alright its time for day 2 to get ready to begin.

Tuesday Winners Bracket

Game 3(postponed from yesterday) 4PM:
Hillsboro Team 48
Vs.
New Boston Braves

Game 4(postponed from yesterday) 4PM:
Grand Saline Indians
Vs.
Kileen Rangers

Game 5 6PM:
Cameron A's
Vs.
Belton Reds

Game 6 6PM:
Early Gold
Vs.
Henderson Black

Tuesday Losers Brackets:

Game 7 8PM:
Alvarado Indians
Vs.
Loser of game 3

Game 8 8PM:
Bosqueville Dawgs
Vs.
Loser of game 4

Bracket: http://www.hillsborosports.org/Sophomore%20Boys%20State%202010.pdf

Once again ill be bringing updates via Twitter:

www.twitter.com/yoemen

Yoe_09
07-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Game 3(postponed from yesterday)
Hillsboro Team 48:WINNER
Vs.
New Boston Braves

Game 4(postponed from yesterday)
Grand Saline Indians
Vs.
Kileen Rangers:WINNER

Cameron A's:14
Vs.
Belton Reds:3
Final/6 Innings(Run Rule)

Early Gold
Vs.
Henderson Black:WINNER

Alvarado Indians:WINNER
Vs.
New Boston Braves(Eliminated)

Game 8 8PM:
Bosqueville Dawgs:WINNER
Vs.
Grand Saline(Eliminated)

rholl
07-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Hey Yoe...are your guys Cameron or Temple??

Good updates...you been staying all night?? That 8 oclock game that starts after nine is a killer!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Yoe_09
07-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Hey Yoe...are your guys Cameron or Temple??

Good updates...you been staying all night?? That 8 oclock game that starts after nine is a killer!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

The team is based in Cameron and the majority of the team is from Cameron but we do have a few players from the Temple area.

Thanks. Well when Cameron plays I am there but for those 8 olcolck games last night I had a source at the game lol. I'll be there for all the games tonight. Do you have a team there?

rholl
07-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Alvarado

Yoe_09
07-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah that was a tough way to lose that first game when you could have easily won it.

rholl
07-28-2010, 12:01 PM
lesson learned for kids....give up 4 in the 1st and it may cause you some problems later!! Losers bracket sux!!!!!!

Yoe_09
07-28-2010, 12:11 PM
lesson learned for kids....give up 4 in the 1st and it may cause you some problems later!! Losers bracket sux!!!!!!

yeah true, I heard they went over the whole weather thing in the meeting...do you have a lot of pitching?

rholl
07-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Hard to say.....we still have 4 that have 0 innings thrown this tournament...but a couple of those guys wont see the bump if things break our way!

rholl
07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I dont really have a problem with the way the weather issue was handled Monday even with a L....lightning and baseball parks arent a good mix. As a matter of fact, them not stopping it sooner had me more than a little nervous.

Yoe_09
07-28-2010, 01:22 PM
I dont really have a problem with the way the weather issue was handled Monday even with a L....lightning and baseball parks arent a good mix. As a matter of fact, them not stopping it sooner had me more than a little nervous.

yeah i know what you mean about the weather...they did seem to prolong it a little long but guess since this is a state tourney they were giving it a chance.

It is now currently pouring down at our hotel in Hillsboro. I didn't think weather would be a factor today but we will see.

rholl
07-28-2010, 01:32 PM
o crap.....rain again!! SAturday may be a loooong day

Yoe_09
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
o crap.....rain again!! SAturday may be a loooong day

ugg i hope not are yoll in a hotel?...maybe not your only 30 minutes away.

rholl
07-28-2010, 02:03 PM
no we got a big break with Hillsboro being host. Feel bad for New Boston....they got rained out on Monday so they played 2 yesterday...lost both and their tournament over in one day. Good kids though...catcher was a stud!

Yoe_09
07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
no we got a big break with Hillsboro being host. Feel bad for New Boston....they got rained out on Monday so they played 2 yesterday...lost both and their tournament over in one day. Good kids though...catcher was a stud!

Yeah they were actually in our Hotel. Yeah it tough when you get the rain out and then have to play 2 on the second day and be done.

Yoe_09
07-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Alright time for day 3(Wednesday)

Winners Bracket Games:

8PM
Cameron A's
Vs.
Hillsboro Maroon

8PM
Killeen Rangers
Vs.
Henderson Black

Losers Bracket Games:

6PM
Alvarado Indians
Vs.
Belton Reds

6PM
Bosqueville Dawgs
Vs.
Early Gold

rholl
07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Done!

Yoe_09
07-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Last Night Scores:

Alvarado
Vs.
Belton:WINNER

Bosqueville:WINNER
Vs.
Early

Henderson: 3
Vs.
Killeen: 8

Hillsboro: 4
Vs.
Cameron: 9

I usually do not complain about umpires but the two umpires that were on field one were THE WORST PAIR OF UMPIRES I HAVE EVER SEEN(besides Temple umpires). They missed blunt calls and sometimes didnt even really make a call at all.

rholl
07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Yoe...I'm glad to see yall won and you still mention the umpires. I didnt want to sound like sour grapes since we lost but wow....TTAB takes a black eye on this. If that is best umpires they can come up with for their "state tournament" then they have a problem.

Yoe_09
07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Yoe...I'm glad to see yall won and you still mention the umpires. I didnt want to sound like sour grapes since we lost but wow....TTAB takes a black eye on this. If that is best umpires they can come up with for their "state tournament" then they have a problem.

Yeah...at the coaches meeting the Hillsboro Head coach said that he dosent want to brag but "I think I have some of the best umpires around"...I think he is full of something. We should have just brought every Cameron umpire up here because they are 100 times better than this.

Problems:
1. They dont know the rules
2. They blow like every other play(and they arent really that close)
3. They dont call the infield fly
4. They are influenced by the fans
5. They are not consistent
6. They cant see

rholl
07-29-2010, 12:25 PM
we had a tag play at plate...our pitcher had glove it front of plate with ball....other kid slid into glove and stopped before reaching home....called safe...question was asked to ump....did you not see the kid slide into the glove.....ump response "I dont have to see where the glove was!!!!" Are you kidding me???

BaseballUmp
07-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Are they older guys or young bucks?

Yoe_09
07-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Are they older guys or young bucks?

ahhh they seem to be a little younger probably mid to late 20s or so i would guess....they are just normal league umpires from Hillsboro......we didnt have this problem the other days with the 2 other sets of umpires we had but this crew was just pathetic.

I always found that the best umpires usually came from the select Super Series tournaments in Round Rock and Brenham.

BaseballUmp
07-29-2010, 02:28 PM
I see, yea I figured they would get umpires from all around. Next year I'll bring my bunch from CS and show them how its done lol

Yoe_09
07-29-2010, 02:31 PM
I see, yea I figured they would get umpires from all around. Next year I'll bring my bunch from CS and show them how its done lol

Well you probably need to get up here today because if we have those two the y could actually change the outcome of the game.

Yoe_09
07-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Well...now its time for day 3:

Winners Bracket Game

8PM
Cameron A's:
Vs.
Killeen Rangers

Losers Bracket Games:

6PM
Henderson Black
Vs.
Belton Reds

6PM
Hillsboro Maroon
Vs.
Bosqueville Dawgs

Yoe_09
07-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Winners Bracket Game

8PM
Cameron A's: 15
Vs.
Killeen Rangers : 5
Final 6(RUN RULE)

Losers Bracket Games:

6PM
Henderson Black:WINNER
Vs.
Belton Reds

6PM
Hillsboro Maroon
Vs.

8PM
Vs.
Henderson Black

BaseballUmp
07-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Cameron has 3 teams in different age groups vying to win state championships tomorrow. 3 1st place trophies coming back to Cameron would be great for the future of Cameron Yoe baseball!

Yoe_09
07-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Cameron has 3 teams in different age groups vying to win state championships tomorrow. 3 1st place trophies coming back to Cameron would be great for the future of Cameron Yoe baseball!

The Freshmen Cameron Red Sox just won the State Championship this morning.....theres 1.

Yoe_09
07-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Well time for day 4:

6PM
Bosqueville Dawgs
Vs.
Killeen Rangers

8PM
Winner of 6PM game
Vs.
Cameron Athletics(must be defeated twice)

KMIL out of Cameron will be coming to Hillsboro tonight to broadcast the championship game live. I am not totally sure if the game will be in 105.1 or on am 1330 yet but the Red Sox game earlier was on 105.1 so im leaning towards that.

Online 105.1: www.kmil.com click on listen live

Online am 1330: http://www.ktae.net/ click on listen live