PDA

View Full Version : Everman - 7, Lawton Ike - 24 (FINAL)

Ranger Mom
09-13-2003, 04:30 PM
This is Ranger Mom - Over and OUT!!!

I'm off to a surpise birthday party for my mom, talk to ya'll later tonight!!

sinton66
09-13-2003, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the updates, have a great evening! And happy birthday to your mom!!

<small>[ September 13, 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

bulldog65
09-14-2003, 04:45 AM
Wolfe, Woods propel Eagles to 24-7 victory
Fort Worth Everman came to play Saturday, but the Bulldogs were flattened by the Eagle Express.

Eisenhower, sparked by a lethal pair of physical running backs, pulled away in the second half for a 24-7 victory at Cameron Stadium.

Everman, two-time Class 3A champion in Texas, could not handle Eagle running backs D.J. Wolfe and Raymond Woods.

Wolfe charged for 198 yards in 24 carries and scored a touchdown on a screen pass, and Woods, playing his first game of the season, added 118 yards and a pair of TDs. The combination was just too stout for Everman to handle.

Eisenhower’s defense also turned in a superb effort as the Eagles squared accounts for a loss to the Bulldogs last year.

"We played a great game," Eisenhower Coach Bill Whiteley said. "It was a major challenge and gave us an opportunity to see how we match up against a really good team. We executed real well on offense and our defense played great. They (defenders) were flying around out there.

"The kids played hard and it looked like they were having a lot of fun out there. We cut back on some of the things we were doing and the kids didn’t have to think so much and were just reacting.

"D.J. was just phenomenal." Whiteley added. "He’s just a great kid. He loves the game, plays with a lot of heart and he’s fun to be around. Woods also had a big game."

Wolfe would have had over 200 yards, but took a couple of losses late in the game when Everman got tired of being run over.

"Nope, I didn’t get tired," Wolfe said. "I thought our offensive line stepped up and our receivers did a good job blocking for me. We did real good on sweeps when they just let me find a hole.

"In my eyes Kyle (Thornton) is the best quarterback around. We worked together real well. Woods had an excellent game. My hat’s off to him."

Eisenhower won going away, but the game could have been a little closer. It appeared Everman would score a touchdown late in the game, but the Bulldogs fumbled on the goalline and Clim Curry recovered for the Eagles at the one-yard line. Ike got out of trouble on the next play when Wolfe broke a 29-yard run.

Everman also had a scoring chance in the final minute of the first half when Ike went into the shotgun and fumbled after a bad center snap. But the Bulldogs could not cash in, overshooting a pass on fourth down with two seconds left before halftime.

Ike broke on top late in the first quarter when the Eagles drove to Everman’s six-yard line, but had to settle for a 23-yard field goal by Brandon Estep. Woods got the drive going with a 29-yard run.

Everman took the lead midway in the second quarter after forcing Ike to punt from its own end zone. Quarterback Neiman Bush sneaked the final yard.

It looked like Eisenhower would get that back in a hurry when Wolfe sped 41 yards to paydirt, but the score was nullified by a holding penalty.

Not to be denied, the Eagles scored a few plays later, with Woods going over from two yards out. Estep’s PAT put Ike in front, 10-7, 2:20 before halftime.

Ike got a break on the first play of the third quarter when Busch lost a fumble after breaking a 17-yard run, and Curry recovered for the Eagles at midfield.

Ike scored in four plays as Wolfe broke a 44-yard run to Everman’s three-yard line and Woods scored on the next play.

The Eagles wrapped it up late in the third quarter after Marcus Henry’s pass interception turned back Everman. The Texans had a bad break in that drive when a holding penalty nullified a 28-yard scoring run by Robert Moore.

Ike took over and scored on a 22-yard screen pass from Thornton to Wolfe. That all but decided the contest with 1:32 left in the third quarter.

Mike Burris, Ike’s defensive coordinator, was pleased with the Eagles’ effort. "Curry had the big fumble recovery and Tyler Hill and Henry had interceptions," he said. "I thought the game would be close, but we came up with the big plays."

Ike 24. Everman 7

FWV Ike

First downs 15 16

Yards rushing 254 277

Passing yards 37 95

Passes 1-12 5-10

Interceptions-Yds 0-0 2-11

Punts 2-28.2 2.44.0

Fumbles 4-2 1-1

Penalties-yards 5-43 2-15

Everman 0 7 0 0 — 7

Ike 3 7 14 0 — 24

How they scored:

Ike — Brandon Estep 23 field goal, 1:12, 1st

Everman — Neiman Busch 1 run (Roberto Martimez kick), 5:43, 2nd.

Ike — Raymopnd Woods 2 run (Estep kick), 2:20, 2nd.

Ike — Woods 3 run (Estep kick), 9:41, 3rd.

Ike — D.J. Wolfe 22 pass from Kyle Thornton (Estep kick), 1:32, 3rd.

Summery in Lawton newspaper, I am too down to comment right now.

the tigers are back
09-14-2003, 07:46 AM
Hey! is this team a 5a school; or is they ranked in the state poll this year or not. :confused:

3afan
09-14-2003, 08:59 AM
b65 - this is a meaningless loss ... it will make them better come playoff time ... they needed this cause their district schedule is so bad they wont be challenged except maybe by kennedale

sinton66
09-14-2003, 09:58 AM
the tigers are back:
Hey! is this team a 5a school; or is they ranked in the state poll this year or not. :confused: Ike is a 5A size school by Texas standards. In Oklahoma they are in a 6A classification. If they are ranked, it would be in Oklahoma, not Texas.

DAWGFAN88
09-14-2003, 02:21 PM
I was told by some Ike fans that they are ranked #4 in OK. and that their player #1 was ranked the #5 running back in the Nation. Do not know how true this information is.

everman_guy
09-14-2003, 04:43 PM
D. J. Wolfe is ranked in the national top 100 by several services and has committed to OU. He is pretty dead goom good. All in all we made correctable mistakes (5 turnovers will not happen again). Plus we got hamstrung by the rules differences a little. I think it took our lineman and receivers out of their game.

Everman01Grad.
09-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Well Everman lost in my opionion because of there own mistakes. They really beat themselves.However im not taking credit away from ike they were real good. But i will tell u this Everman is going to make some ajustmest like last year after the kennedale loss so for u everman fans its nothing just worry about go bulldogs.

lepfan
09-15-2003, 12:16 AM
DAWGFAN88:
I was told by some Ike fans that they are ranked #4 in OK. and that their player #1 was ranked the #5 running back in the Nation. Do not know how true this information is.Lawton Ike has always been a great team. Lots of talent around there. OSU is also considered a 6A high school in Oklahoma
wink

therealbulldogs
09-15-2003, 01:00 AM
everman_guy:
All in all we made correctable mistakes (5 turnovers will not happen again). Plus we got hamstrung by the rules differences a little. I think it took our lineman and receivers out of their game.How are the rules different?

Jacket2000
09-15-2003, 01:29 AM
The main rule difference is that there is no blocking below the waist. There are a few others, but that's the main one and Im sure the one that hurt Everman the most.
J2K

everman_guy
09-15-2003, 12:37 PM
The blocking below the waist is the main, and it really took us out of our game. There weren't the usual huge holes. We moved the ball well, but never broke the long one because we couldn't cut DB's and clear the field. This forced us out of our game and into uncharacteristic mistake. I have feeling that this will focus our guys, and fall into the same catergory as the Kennedale loss last year.

3afan
09-15-2003, 01:39 PM
rule differences ??? doesnt everyone use federation (NFHS) rules ??? sounds like an excuse creeping in ... :D

rholl
09-15-2003, 01:50 PM
oh man.....I think someone is fixin to learn about rule differences!!!!!!!

Jacket2000
09-15-2003, 02:41 PM
Wait 'till y'all hear this! Another rule for Okie Ball is that at least once every quarter, the refs have to call an official time out so both teams can have a water break!!
J2K

therealbulldogs
09-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Thats stupid! If anybody needs the water break rule it's Texas, not Oklahoma.

everman_guy
09-15-2003, 03:58 PM
As a matter of fact your home state of Texas doesn't play by NFHS rules. We use NCAA rules!!

Matthew328
09-16-2003, 07:20 AM
47 states use NFHS rules..Texas is one of 3 states that use NCAA rules...from what I heard from Oklahoma fans Texas teams always struggle when they play in Oklahoma...and yes they really do have water breaks...it was hilarious...no excuses though...Ike was better on Saturday!