PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 Playoff Picture

Matthew328
10-28-2003, 10:12 AM
District 17-3A:
At the moment Gatesville, Waco Conally and China Spring are all 4-1...LaVega and Hillsboro are 3-2....LaVega and Hillsboro must win out (they play each other in Week 10 so one will have to lose..and they'll need help) Gatesville is in and Div I unless they tie with LaVega because they lost to LaVega...still some questions i this district..

District 18-3A:
Marlin is 3-0 and can clinch the title with a win this week...Lorena and Rockdale are 2-1 with RHS looking strong with wins over Lorena and Caldwell..Lorena vs Caldwell in Week 10 could determine 3rd place..and the Div I rep..

District 19-3A:
This may be the state' craziest district...Groesbeck sits atop the league at 4-1...then you have 5 teams at 3-2...Fairfield, Mexia, Teague, Crockett and Madisonville...what a mess..I won't even get into all the tiebreaker scenarios...I do know if Groesbeck wins out they'll get their first district title in a long time..

District 20-3A:
Jasper is 3-0 and clinches the title with a win over Woodville..they'll be Div I...Newton is 2-1 and looks to be strong in 2nd...Kirbyville and Diboll play this week for 3rd place in all likliehood..

District 21-3A:
Anahuac, Orangefield and Bridge City are all 4-1...Hamshire-Fannett is 3-2 and lurking...still a lot of things that could play out in this district also...

District 22-3A:
Liberty leads at 5-0...Barbers Hill and Huffman are 4-1....and Cleveland is 3-2....LHS, BH and Huffman all control their destiny...CHS needs help...if Cleveland sneaks in they'll be Div I if not it'll be Barbers Hill..

District 23-3A:
Bellville and Sealy likely will play for the title in Week 10...Navasota and Columbus look to play for 3rd in Week 10...if Navasota gets in they'll be Div I..if NHS losses Bellville goes Div I..

District 24-3A:
Manor, LaGrange, Giddings and Elgin are all 2-1...Elgin and Manor play this week...loser is in trouble..the winner is the probable Div I rep..still lots to figure out here also..

shellman54
10-28-2003, 10:25 AM
wow, dist. 19 looks very interesting, to say the least. who has the upper hand in getting the last two spots in that district?

grigsby
10-28-2003, 10:41 AM
Kirbyville and Diboll play this week for 3rd place in all likliehood.. You can't count Diboll out just yet. They have not played Newton yet. If Diboll can hang in there with Jasper you have to think they would be able to hang in there with Newton. Diboll will be in playoffs but not necessarly 3rd seed!

eaglefan
10-28-2003, 11:34 AM
If I have my scenearios right it is Crockett and Fairfield with the upperhand in getting the final two spots, as long as they both win out. Crockett would go D-I I think, but don't quote me. But these next two weeks are going to be very interesting.

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 11:19 AM
ttt-this is the tread I was referring to in my post to Matthew328. I didn't see one like this for Region IV.

Gobbla2001
10-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Ohhhh, he's prolly working on it I'm sure...