great win for them tonight good pitching by cliff lee!:clap: :clap:

bigwood33
07-22-2010, 09:58 PM
And some nice defense too!

95mustang
07-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
And some nice defense too!

The defense right now is purely amazing. Kinsler is a beast at second base.

Macarthur
07-23-2010, 02:36 PM
They really are solid in all facets of the game.....except one.

We have got to tighten up the baserunning. The further along the season goes the more important outs are. YOu can't keep giving away outs. There's a fine line between aggressive and reckless. :eek:

BullsFan
07-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
They really are solid in all facets of the game.....except one.

We have got to tighten up the baserunning. The further along the season goes the more important outs are. YOu can't keep giving away outs. There's a fine line between aggressive and reckless. :eek:

If they could just get Andrus and Kinsler's base-stealing corrected and/or under control, I thin that would take care of the problem altogether.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
If they could just get Andrus and Kinsler's base-stealing corrected and/or under control, I thin that would take care of the problem altogether. If the first base coach or 3rd base coach could have a red sign that says STOP when Vlad is running the bases :)

crzyjournalist03
07-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
If the first base coach or 3rd base coach could have a red sign that says STOP when Vlad is running the bases :)

They did on Thursday and Vlad took second anyway (safely). Garry Pettis was staring at him with his hands on his hips and had a few words for Vladdy when he went to pick up his shin guards from him.

coach
07-24-2010, 07:43 PM
shock collars

bigwood33
07-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
shock collars
That would work.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
07-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
They did on Thursday and Vlad took second anyway (safely). Garry Pettis was staring at him with his hands on his hips and had a few words for Vladdy when he went to pick up his shin guards from him. :( Vlad thrown out again

Farmersfan
07-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:( Vlad thrown out again

Although I watched the game on my PC without sound I did see what appeared to be 3 or 4 poor base running efforts in last nights game. Vlad and several others got thrown out trying to extend the play. Davis got thrown out at home by a mile. (although the catcher paid for it). Should this be a concern? Do the base coaches or Washington have any control over these players? In a very tight game in the playoffs this could very well mean the difference in winning or losing. Is the benefit of this agressive play worth the consequences of failure? Sometimes I would say yes and at other times I say no! What do you think?

Txbroadcaster
07-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Although I watched the game on my PC without sound I did see what appeared to be 3 or 4 poor base running efforts in last nights game. Vlad and several others got thrown out trying to extend the play. Davis got thrown out at home by a mile. (although the catcher paid for it). Should this be a concern? Do the base coaches or Washington have any control over these players? In a very tight game in the playoffs this could very well mean the difference in winning or losing. Is the benefit of this agressive play worth the consequences of failure? Sometimes I would say yes and at other times I say no! What do you think?

the Davis deal was the 3B coach...as far as the others..yes it is a huge concern..get into the play offs and baserunners become a rare gem and the Rangers have got to learn to protect them better now so it is a good habit come play off time

waterboy
07-26-2010, 08:38 AM
It is frustrating to watch them make base running errors so often. That is something they will have to clean up down the stretch for sure. Overall though, they've improved tremendously in the rest of their game. Very good starting pitching is something any playoff contender will have to have, and that is the Rangers' strong suit this year (especially lately), along with an excellent defense (which is awesome to watch most of the time), and some of the best bats in the league in Josh Hamilton, Vlad (who's struggled lately but will come around), Michael Young, Nelson Cruz, and Ian Kinsler. I also think David Murphy should get more PT, and if Chris Davis can continue to improve at the plate, this team will definitely be in the race ALL year.