PDA

View Full Version : Write up about Sinton's Mike Adams in the Major's:

SintonFan
07-21-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure if this was posted before but here it is:

View from the Dugout: Adams shows Padres pride
By Richard Oliver - SA Express-News
Web Posted: 07/11/2010 12:00 CDT

Don't expect the San Diego Padres' bullpen, arguably the best in baseball, to lose any confidence after its lineup was shunned for a berth in Tuesday's All-Star Game.

Thanks in part to Sinton native Mike Adams, the best set-up man in the National League in the first half of the season, the Padres' pen is openly showcasing how good it is.

Adams, thanks to his trademark cut fastball, hit the midpoint leading the majors in “holds” with 21, to go with a 2.20 ERA. He recently had his tattoo artist design T-shirts for him and the relievers that read, “PENitentiary” on the front. On the back is a National League logo behind jail bars, with the phrase, “Got 'em in lockdown!”

Adams, who has 11 walks and 46 strikeouts in 41 innings, has allowed just two earned runs in 22 appearances since May 18.

Link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/mlb/view_from_the_dugout_adams_shows_padres_pride_9818 4409.html?showFullArticle=y)

The article also mentions Robstown's Mike Gonzales. It's good to see him back from his rehab.:)

Thanks for reminding me about this Be_Advised.

Be_Advised
07-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'm not sure if this was posted before but here it is:

View from the Dugout: Adams shows Padres pride
By Richard Oliver - SA Express-News
Web Posted: 07/11/2010 12:00 CDT

Don't expect the San Diego Padres' bullpen, arguably the best in baseball, to lose any confidence after its lineup was shunned for a berth in Tuesday's All-Star Game.

Thanks in part to Sinton native Mike Adams, the best set-up man in the National League in the first half of the season, the Padres' pen is openly showcasing how good it is.

Adams, thanks to his trademark cut fastball, hit the midpoint leading the majors in “holds” with 21, to go with a 2.20 ERA. He recently had his tattoo artist design T-shirts for him and the relievers that read, “PENitentiary” on the front. On the back is a National League logo behind jail bars, with the phrase, “Got 'em in lockdown!”

Adams, who has 11 walks and 46 strikeouts in 41 innings, has allowed just two earned runs in 22 appearances since May 18.

Link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/mlb/view_from_the_dugout_adams_shows_padres_pride_9818 4409.html?showFullArticle=y)

The article also mentions Robstown's Mike Gonzales. It's good to see him back from his rehab.:)

Thanks for reminding me about this Be_Advised.

No problem! Got to support our locals in the bigs.

When did Adams play for Sinton? I remember Jason Adams was on the team with Adrian Alaniz, so I'm guessing this is either older brother or cousin perhaps?

pirate4state
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Jason's older brother. Mike played on the 1996 State Championship basketball team, so it must have been in the few lean years for Sinton baseball. I believe 94 & 95 are the only 2 years that Coach K has not made the playoffs. :thinking:

Be_Advised
07-22-2010, 11:42 AM
thanks for clearing that up. I figured there had to be a family connection.

Phil C
07-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Way to go Mike! :clap: :clap: :clap: