PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Tigers - Are They Underrated???

Milk That Cow
07-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Let me tell you something...

The 2010 Rockdale Tigers Football Team has a chance to be "special"....

I mean really good...

They got three "legit" first team All-State candidates in LeRaven Clark, Derek David, and Daniel Brooks...

Big-Time Ball Players...

They have an easy pre-season schedule with only Cameron Yoe being a toss-up ball-game...

In District, everywhere I read it says they are either out of the playoffs in 4th/5th, or fighting for the last playoff spot just to get in...

I don't get it...

If These Three Things Happen, I predict it will be the best ball club the Tigers have had since the '76 State Championship Team...

1 - Get Coached Up - I'm still trying to figure how good a coaching staff the blue and gold have, but if they can get these guys focused and maxed out on their potential. Katy Bar The Door...

2 - Positive Quarterback Play - It doesn't have to be great, but the QB just needs to make a lot more positive plays to give the talent around him a chance to be Playmakers, because if this happens... Katy Bar The Door...

3 - Stay Healthy Something they can't control, but if they do... Katy Bar The Door...

I just can't see how this team(if those three things happens) is not in store for a district championship and long playoff run...

just my humble opinion...

Yoe_09
07-21-2010, 10:46 PM
mmmm yeah i just dont seem them getting better than 4th.

Old Tiger
07-21-2010, 11:04 PM
QB play will be their biggest issue.

The run game should be on point and one of the best in the state.

WR's will have to step up big!

defensive unit should be damn good.

Ernest T Bass
07-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

1 - Get Coached Up . Katy Bar The Door...

2 Katy Bar The Door...

3 - Katy Bar The Door...

\

You hear this alot, but Im not understanding why. I know where it comes from and I dont understand how it's translated to this connotation.

Old Tiger
07-21-2010, 11:29 PM
I've never heard it before can someone explain?

SintonFan
07-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger

Katy wins ALOT of football games. Nuff said.;)

SintonFan
07-21-2010, 11:33 PM

j/k
Here ya go:
Click here (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/213750.html)

Milk That Cow
07-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Katy Bar The Door...

means

Trouble Is Coming....

Ernest T Bass
07-22-2010, 12:17 AM
It comes from an old Scottish fable about a married couple who argue about who should lock, or bar, the door. The wife's name being Katy. So, they decide to play the quiet game and the loser has to get up and lock the door. Two men break in the house, but neither will talk b/c they dont want to lose. In the end, with the men having their way in their home, the man finally speaks and the woman yells that now he has to get up and lock the door. Obviously, the moral is not to be stubborn.

CenTexSports
07-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Dang, I thought this was made up by my Dad when he was about to beat the (you know what) out of me when I was a kid. I sure remember hearing it more than I wanted to when I was younger.

Rabid Cougar
07-22-2010, 07:05 PM
To answer the orignal question...... Nope.

Coach BS
07-23-2010, 03:03 PM
QB is a huge question mark. From what I know it will probably be a soph, maybe even a freshman. There are no returning WR's, they will all be underclassmen.If some of these Fresh and sophs step up big time the Tigers will be solid.

JJWalker
07-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Are they underrated?

Nope.

zebrablue2
07-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Are they underrated?

Nope.

:iagree:

LH_Tuff
07-24-2010, 07:07 AM
They have an easy pre-season schedule with only Cameron Yoe being a toss-up ball-game...

Really? I don't think Liberty Hill will be 'easy'' by any stretch of the imagination.

Milk That Cow
07-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Sorry to say, but I believe LH will still be down this year...

By the way, The Piano Bar would be TOP FIVE in the State of all 3A Schools/Towns for their Chicken Fried Steak...

It Is Outstanding...

Old Tiger
07-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Sorry to say, but I believe LH will still be down this year...

By the way, The Piano Bar would be TOP FIVE in the State of all 3A Schools/Towns for their Chicken Fried Steak...

It Is Outstanding... $6.50 on Mondays.

87 TIGER
07-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey Milk why don't you and Old Tiger come join me at The Ranch one evening

Johnny Utah
07-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Piano Bar is a great place, great food, no where close to Marys CFS though. Also try Tommy B's CFS in Waco....very close to Marys recipe.

Johnny Utah
07-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Oh, and Rockdale shocks many and wins district and the bell in the same year!!

Milk That Cow
09-11-2010, 03:51 PM

If These Three Things Happen, I predict it will be the best ball club the Tigers have had since the '76 State Championship Team...

1 - Get Coached Up - I'm still trying to figure how good a coaching staff the blue and gold have, but if they can get these guys focused and maxed out on their potential. Katy Bar The Door...

2 - Positive Quarterback Play - It doesn't have to be great, but the QB just needs to make a lot more positive plays to give the talent around him a chance to be Playmakers, because if this happens... Katy Bar The Door...

3 - Stay Healthy Something they can't control, but if they do... Katy Bar The Door...

I just can't see how this team(if those three things happens) is not in store for a district championship and long playoff run...

just my humble opinion...

After seeing them play for the first time Friday Night...

Number 1 and Number 2 just ain't happening...

Many curious coaching decisions and not much production at all out of the quarterback position...

Unless things drastically change, they will not make the playoffs...

trojandad
09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Did I read an earlier thread wrong? I thought I saw something about Rockdale having an all everything linebacker that some college coaches were calling the best they ever saw. I went back over the tape of us playing the tigers last year and didn't see much difference in the play between their backers, and we had almost 400 yards rushing against them, so I missed who this backer must be....

Maybe I just misread the thread....

As far as comparisons with the state champion team, anyone from Rockdale believe they will beat either Navasota or Caldwell? just curious to hear.....

Milk That Cow
09-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
Did I read an earlier thread wrong? I thought I saw something about Rockdale having an all everything linebacker that some college coaches were calling the best they ever saw. I went back over the tape of us playing the tigers last year and didn't see much difference in the play between their backers, and we had almost 400 yards rushing against them, so I missed who this backer must be....

As far as comparisons with the state champion team, anyone from Rockdale believe they will beat either Navasota or Caldwell? just curious to hear.....

Yea, I called the coach out on that...

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106050

trojandad
09-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Yea, I called the coach out on that...

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106050

what number is he?

Old Tiger
09-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by trojandad

As far as comparisons with the state champion team, anyone from Rockdale believe they will beat either Navasota or Caldwell? just curious to hear..... Being 6'2 - 6'3 230 lbs and can run will get you ranked real high as a prospect.

trojandad
09-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Being 6'2 - 6'3 230 lbs and can run will get you ranked real high as a prospect.

i'm not knocking the kid, he may be all world, but there's a big difference between being ranked real high and the quotes in that thread....

still interested if rockdale backers feel they will win their match ups between them and navasota and caldwell......

shamu85
09-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Should someone start a post now that is titled "Is Cameron Underrated?" Cameron is looking awfully good this year.