PDA

View Full Version : Security Master AV

Ranger Mom
07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
This darn thing keep popping up on my BRAND NEW computer at work!!

Every site that I have found that gives instructions how to remove it wants you to download their product to do so.

McAfee was bought with the computers...I don't know what else to do. But it's driving me NUTS!!!

Anyone have any suggestions??

BILLYFRED0000
07-20-2010, 11:46 AM
What does mcafee say about it mom.
Cause if it is malware a lot of malware gets into your registry and you need to clean out the registry but if it is not mcaffee should isolate and delete it.

ivchris
07-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Avast virus scanner is free and works better than McAfee or Norton's.

Malware Bytes is a free download that can clean up your system too.

BaseballUmp
07-20-2010, 12:03 PM
same thing happened to me about a month ago. Avast works good, and if you can, try doing a system restore. if you cant go to it from the desktop, try pressing either F8, F9, or F10 haha not sure just press them all. But that is what worked for me

Ranger Mom
07-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
same thing happened to me about a month ago. Avast works good, and if you can, try doing a system restore. if you cant go to it from the desktop, try pressing either F8, F9, or F10 haha not sure just press them all. But that is what worked for me

Avast is downloaded and running, but it didn't find anything and I am still having the same issue.

DU_stud04
07-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Avast is downloaded and running, but it didn't find anything and I am still having the same issue. check pm's...

mac77
07-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Mom,

Check this site out. It should do the trick.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-master-av

SintonFan_inAustin
07-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
Avast virus scanner is free and works better than McAfee or Norton's.

Malware Bytes is a free download that can clean up your system too. :D lol

jason
07-20-2010, 10:36 PM
www.stephenvillecomputers.com

turbostud
07-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by jason
www.stephenvillecomputers.com

Nice plug.:clap:

Ranger Mom
07-21-2010, 08:48 AM
I restored back to Friday and that took care of the problem.

Reuben, I have printed your instructions out, in case it happens again!

Thanks for the advice!

BILLYFRED0000
07-21-2010, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the advice!

Hey you got good support. I think we should start the 3a downlow support team. I would have gotten back to you but we had major support issues at work and I was rather busy the last 24.

Ranger Mom
07-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Hey you got good support. I think we should start the 3a downlow support team. I would have gotten back to you but we had major support issues at work and I was rather busy the last 24.

This is the first place I always ask these kinds of question...for that very reason!!:D :D

44INAROW
07-21-2010, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the advice!

I wish Jason was closer to Cuero :( Kellye - how do you restore back to Friday or whenever you need to restore? Maybe that's what I need to do on the laptop...

Ranger Mom
07-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I wish Jason was closer to Cuero :( Kellye - how do you restore back to Friday or whenever you need to restore? Maybe that's what I need to do on the laptop...

I have windows7 and just went to my control panel and it's right there. I am not sure where it is on previous operating systems, but check there first.

DU_stud04
07-21-2010, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the advice! didnt think it was that hard to remember to grab the computer and give it a round house kick chuck norris would be proud of. it usually works for him.

then again i forgot i gave you a second option..... taking it out to the country side and taking a baseball bat to it office space style.

im here if anyone else needs help, ive got suggestions like this for everyone's needs!

jason
07-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Nice plug.:clap: i thought so

:nerd: