PDA

View Full Version : Biggest surprise in 3A this year will be...

hollywood
07-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Who will be the biggest surprise in 3A football this year and why?

nobogey72
07-20-2010, 09:19 AM
My guess is the biggest surprise will be Brownwood going 6-4 and barely making the playoffs. Then, in an even bigger surprise, Rocket admits he's a moron and retires from 3ADL, and starts a new career as a talent scout for a chain of topless bars.:D

slingshot
07-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
My guess is the biggest surprise will be Brownwood going 6-4 and barely making the playoffs. Then, in an even bigger surprise, Rocket admits he's a moron and retires from 3ADL, and starts a new career as a talent scout for a chain of topless bars.:D Now that's funny right there...

MoveInDad
07-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Anybody that has figured out how to make a living from that is no moron...
;0)

Bullaholic
07-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Brownwood and Celina meet in the playoffs and only 500 fans show up and there are only 50 game posts on the 3ADL....:D

nobogey72
07-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Anybody that has figured out how to make a living from that is no moron...
;0)

I didn't say he would be successful at it. It will be tough for Rocket (considering his "lifestyle").

crzyjournalist03
07-20-2010, 09:51 AM
North Forney begins to terrorize 3A, much like Forney did a decade ago.

Txbroadcaster
07-20-2010, 09:54 AM
while not a surprise because of how they did last year..i think alot of people are sleeping on Pitt because of the district they are in

hollywood
07-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Brownwood and Celina meet in the playoffs and only 500 fans show up and there are only 50 game posts on the 3ADL....:D

:thmbdwn: Nope, wishful thinking there Bridgeport. BTW, how are those bulls going to be this year?:D

hollywood
07-20-2010, 10:38 AM
I think Abilene Wylie will make some noise again this year. They lost alot, but always have the wing men to step into the next season. Good program.

Celina done. Enough said.

nobogey72
07-20-2010, 10:50 AM
I actually think that Snyder is going to surprise alot of people this year. Everyone is looking at Brownwood due to all the returning athletes, and at Big Spring stepping down to 3A after being so good last year, and at Wylie maybe being down due to graduating 41 Srs. Snyder is flying under the radar and is poised to do some damage. They have got some studs. AND, it pains me greatly to say so.:(

Bullaholic
07-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
:thmbdwn: Nope, wishful thinking there Bridgeport. BTW, how are those bulls going to be this year?:D

The Bulls will be pretty decent this season---some "wait and see" factors present, however. The "D" is going to have to replace some pretty good players from last season. Pete Hart has returned to us as our "D"line coach, and I think that is a big plus. The Bull "O" should again be able to move the ball well, as is our personality. I will know a lot more about this season's team after we have played a couple of the pretty good teams we have scheduled in non-district.
I don't think we have to beat them all before district, but we do need to show that we can beat some decent playoff-caliber teams.

hollywood
07-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I actually think that Snyder is going to surprise alot of people this year. Everyone is looking at Brownwood due to all the returning athletes, and at Big Spring stepping down to 3A after being so good last year, and at Wylie maybe being down due to graduating 41 Srs. Snyder is flying under the radar and is poised to do some damage. They have got some studs. AND, it pains me greatly to say so.:(

It pains me as well, but the Snyder Tiggers were impressive last year and will be a factor this year. Lots of talent returning this year. Although it's not really a surprise for District 5, the rest of 3A may be when they come in 2nd.

BUT, still not enough to overtake the mighty maroon!:D

garciap77
07-20-2010, 11:51 AM

And neither team wins!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-249.GIF

mwrams
07-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Bridgeport & Decatur taking Mineral Wells lightly could be a mistake this year. Lots of talent dropping from 4A.

Bullaholic
07-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by mwrams
Bridgeport & Decatur taking Mineral Wells lightly could be a mistake this year. Lots of talent dropping from 4A.

Taking anyone "lightly" can be a mistake. Mineral Wells will have to earn their respect just like everyone else does, but I do think they have gotten things turned around in their program and I am happy for them.

garciap77
07-20-2010, 12:53 PM

Brownwood! They win the State Championship!

But, lose to the Wylie Bulldogs (DIV I State Champions)!:D

:p

Bullaholic
07-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Brownwood! They win the State Championship!

But, lose to the Wylie Bulldogs (DIV I State Champions)!:D

You're drunk on Rocket-aid, Garcia...:D

Tin Cup
07-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Wylie misses the playoffs :D

LE Dad
07-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Who will be the biggest surprise in 3A football this year and why? :D

hollywood
07-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:D

Is that you LED?

Trashman
07-20-2010, 04:20 PM

How bad Big Spring will be....:devil:

hollywood
07-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
How bad Big Spring will be....:devil:

NOW that's a good one. lol

garciap77
07-20-2010, 04:23 PM
You're drunk on Rocket-aid, Garcia...:D

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-102.gif

....................http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-102.gif

........................................http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-102.gif

hollywood
07-20-2010, 04:30 PM
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/Shipley7on7.jpg

More of this, but with pads. Scary.

garciap77
07-20-2010, 04:34 PM
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/Shipley7on7.jpg

More of this, but with pads. Scary.

You mean like this!!!!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/qbsack.jpg

;)

hollywood
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
You mean like this!!!!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/qbsack.jpg

;)

Uuuuh no, this was pre-Shipley. Besides, y'all lost this game if I'm not mistaking.

ccmom
07-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Uuuuh no, this was pre-Shipley. Besides, y'all lost this game if I'm not mistaking.

Yes....Wylie has only beaten Brownwood when it mattered. :cool:

hollywood
07-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ccmom

Yeah, yeah, yeah... we'll see.:hand:

Need to see the revamped stadium anyway. This year in Wylie, the home side seats will only stay full after halftime only because of the show the Lions will be putting on.:thumbsup: Yep.

fresh-j
07-20-2010, 04:59 PM

Zapata.. Because they're the only 3A school that starts with a Z!!!!!! :D :D :D

garciap77
07-20-2010, 05:02 PM

I'm not saying we won the game! Just saying you are going to see more of the same!:D

Don't make me post the last year's score!:D

;)

garciap77
07-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah... we'll see.:hand:

Need to see the revamped stadium anyway. This year in Wylie, the home side seats will only stay full after halftime only because of the show the Lions will be putting on.:thumbsup: Yep.

I really don't think the Wylie fans will leave like the BW fans did last year!:D

;)

easttexas3a
07-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Biggest surprise...........

Not many people are talking about Gilmer. I saw them in 7 on 7 this year and it looks like they have plenty of athletes, and once they get pads on and a chance to show it on the field, I think the 2010 Buckeyes will be very good.

I also see Liberty Eylau being big time contenders and going deep, they are up there in a corner where no one talks about them, but they had Lovejoy beat last year and couldn't finish em off. LE may be the biggest dark horse lurking out there.

bobcat4life
07-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Brownwood goes 3-7 and Rocket becomes a die hard Snyder fan

Emerson1
07-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
North Forney begins to terrorize 3A, much like Forney did a decade ago.
+1

They will go 3 rounds deep next year.

gatordaze
07-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Celina done. Enough said.

I agree completely the biggest surprise of the year would be that Celina is Done! More than enough said. I predict that they will give up less that 50 points through the regular season The D will be nasty!

Rocket
07-20-2010, 08:04 PM
It pains me as well, but the Snyder Tiggers were impressive last year and will be a factor this year. Lots of talent returning this year. Although it's not really a surprise for District 5, the rest of 3A may be when they come in 2nd.

BUT, still not enough to overtake the mighty maroon!:D

Um, Snyder's offense better have improved. Their defense was pretty good, but offense was LACKING. Looking back on our game against Snyder last year, the game was almost over in the first quarter, until they called our fumble on the one after photo evidence that we had clearly scored a TD. That and a LUCKY completed bomb before halftime.

95mustang
07-20-2010, 08:33 PM
I see district 5-3A with Brownwood winning the district and Wylie and Snyder battling for 2nd. I have family in Big Spring and they lost all skilled position players from last year.

ccmom
07-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Um, Snyder's offense better have improved. Their defense was pretty good, but offense was LACKING. Looking back on our game against Snyder last year, the game was almost over in the first quarter, until they called our fumble on the one after photo evidence that we had clearly scored a TD. That and a LUCKY completed bomb before halftime. Poor Rockee, even has excuses when the Lions WIN!! :doh:

Was it the mighty Lion defense that allowed that "lucky" completion? Or was it the sure hands of the perfect Lion offense that fumbled the ball?
:doh: Surely, Snyder didn't actually manage to cause a fumble or complete a long pass against the football gods from Brownwood.:thinking: Geez....you won...give the excuses a rest! :rolleyes:

orange machine
07-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Poor Rockee, even has excuses when the Lions WIN!! :doh:

Was it the mighty Lion defense that allowed that "lucky" completion? Or was it the sure hands of the perfect Lion offense that fumbled the ball?
:doh: Surely, Snyder didn't actually manage to cause a fumble or complete a long pass against the football gods from Brownwood.:thinking: Geez....you won...give the excuses a rest! :rolleyes:

:clap: I was thinking the samething Brownwood just let them hang around.

garciap77
07-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Um, Snyder's offense better have improved. Their defense was pretty good, but offense was LACKING. Looking back on our game against Snyder last year, the game was almost over in the first quarter, until they called our fumble on the one after photo evidence that we had clearly scored a TD. That and a LUCKY completed bomb before halftime.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/ciao.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/ciao.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/ciao.gif

Rocket
07-22-2010, 08:04 AM

We will even the score by beating you twice in the same season when it matters. ;)

Rocket
07-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Poor Rockee, even has excuses when the Lions WIN!! :doh:

I would give them credit if it was due. It wasn't. We obliterated Snyder the 2nd half. It was UGLY. And you know this, ma'am...

garciap77
07-22-2010, 08:20 AM
We will even the score by beating you twice in the same season when it matters. ;)

No you won't!!!!! We beat you twice in the same game last year! Our first team thumped you in the first quarter!!! The second team thumped you in the second quarter and third quarter!!!! Then you finally scored on our third team in the 4th quarter.:D

P.S. All 100 kids play in that game!:D

;)

hollywood
07-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Man, you give downlow a new level... LOW. Have you ever heard of "healing process"?:rolleyes: :thinking: :mad:

nobogey72
07-22-2010, 10:03 AM

Rocket,

Is it true ( I heard this from a reliable source) that when you were about 3 years old and had just messed in your diaper, that you told your parents that someone else must have put it there.:eek: :confused: :D

garciap77
07-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Man, you give downlow a new level... LOW. Have you ever heard of "healing process"?:rolleyes: :thinking: :mad:

Did you notice the ;) !!!! Easy Hollywood!!!!!:)

It's all in fun!!!!:)

Pick6
07-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Rocket,

Is it true ( I heard this from a reliable source) that when you were about 3 years old and had just messed in your diaper, that you told your parents that someone else must have put it there.:eek: :confused: :D

Hey nobogey, not trying to be the spelling or typo police here, but i'm sure you meant 13, not 3 :D

hollywood
07-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Did you notice the ;) !!!! Easy Hollywood!!!!!:)

It's all in fun!!!!:)

Just because y'all won the last 2 doesn't make it fun!:D And the way y'all won the last one... :tisk: No more. It'll be a different song and dance this year. That's fo sho!

hollywood
07-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Biggest surprise in 3A this year will be...

if Abilene Wylie doesn't make the playoffs this season. Even Sweetwater and Snyder have a good chance in beating AW this year. :evillol:

garciap77
07-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Just because y'all won the last 2 doesn't make it fun!:D And the way y'all won the last one... :tisk: No more. It'll be a different song and dance this year. That's fo sho!

Pick6 is going to get you for that typo!!!!:D

;)

LE Dad
07-22-2010, 01:06 PM
We will even the score by beating you twice in the same season when it matters. ;) :D

hollywood
07-22-2010, 01:24 PM

Is that you LED?

LE Dad
07-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Is that you LED? :evillol: :evillol:

IHStangFan
07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Brownwood goes 3-7 and Rocket jumps off the top of the tallest building in Brownwood.....twisting his ankle and having to sit in the wheelchair ramp section for the following 3 games. Yup.....this. :D

bobcat4life
07-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Yup.....this. :D lol beautiful edit :D :D

LE Dad
07-27-2010, 10:48 AM

bwdlionfan
07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey Bull... the only way that we go D1 is if Wylie misses the playoffs

bigwood33
07-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Hey Bull... the only way that we go D1 is if Wylie misses the playoffs
Wylie AND Big Spring...doubtful, very doubtful.

garciap77
07-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Old Tiger wins the Brownwood election and moves Brownwood back to 4A!:D

;)

LE Dad
07-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Old Tiger wins the Brownwood election and moves Brownwood back to 4A!:D

;) :D

BurkNate
07-28-2010, 03:58 PM

IOWA PARK

hollywood
07-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by BurkNate
IOWA PARK

Good way or bad way? Iowa Park has had some decent teams in the past.

Twirling Time
07-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Between Anna, Bonham and Commerce, one of those three will make the playoffs.

Rocket
07-29-2010, 09:59 PM
The UIL audits Abilene Wylie after years of false enrollment reports and moves them to 5A in the middle of the season, where they should have been for the last 10 years. And then Huge Sphinctafer gets a job coaching basketball at Jim Ned. Oh and Nobogey takes a bath and shaves.

mwrams
07-30-2010, 05:17 AM
Roll Rams Roll!
Mineral Wells!!!!!
Beats Graham
then Argyle
Takes care of Iowa Park
Glen Rose
Rolls through district!!!!!

http://www.mwrams.com/ramhornhelmet.gif

mwrams
07-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Would be a nice change for our town after recent setbacks!

garciap77
07-30-2010, 08:24 AM
The UIL audits Abilene Wylie after years of false enrollment reports and moves them to 5A in the middle of the season, where they should have been for the last 10 years. And then Huge Sphinctafer gets a job coaching basketball at Jim Ned. Oh and Nobogey takes a bath and shaves.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Fail-1-1.jpg

:D :D :D

;)

garciap77
07-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Roll Rams Roll!
Mineral Wells!!!!!
Beats Graham
then Argyle
Takes care of Iowa Park
Glen Rose

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rocket
07-31-2010, 10:36 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Fail-1-1.jpg

:D :D :D

;)

It is too early for Photoshop.

fresh-j
07-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Roll Rams Roll!
Mineral Wells!!!!!
Beats Graham
then Argyle
Takes care of Iowa Park
Glen Rose

Overrated! :D

:cool:

eagleqb_14
08-01-2010, 12:59 PM
fairfield will win more than one game

bobcat4life
08-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
fairfield will win more than one game Fairfield winning state. Mark it down. They even beat Brownwood and Celina :D

garciap77
08-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Fairfield winning state. Mark it down. They even beat Brownwood and Celina :D

:eek:

Phantom Stang
08-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Sweetwater makes the playoffs and goes at LEAST two rounds.
Hide and watch.

LE Dad
08-04-2010, 11:15 AM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j279/debitorre/001-1.jpg

That Rocket got A/C in his ride to make those long rides that much more bearable.:D

garciap77
08-04-2010, 11:55 AM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j279/debitorre/001-1.jpg

That Rocket got A/C in his ride to make those long rides that much more bearable.:D

Rocket
08-04-2010, 12:23 PM
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/simpledad.jpg

garciap77
08-04-2010, 12:33 PM

navscanmaster
08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/simpledad.jpg :spitlol: :clap:

LE Dad
08-04-2010, 02:44 PM
It's not really a surprise but Rockets family is buiding the annual B'wood bonfire again

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/rednecks-2.jpg

LE Dad
08-04-2010, 03:24 PM

Backatcha Pocket Rocket!!:D

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/computer-augen-1.gif

JJWalker
08-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I would bet the biggest surprise would be ... the GSquared guy having a solid stool ... after he starts eating all that nasty 3A stadium snack bar food.

garciap77
08-04-2010, 04:15 PM
It's not really a surprise but Rockets family is buiding the annual B'wood bonfire again

:eek: :eek: :eek:

BuckeyeNut
08-05-2010, 09:38 AM

:D :cheerl: :cheerl:

BuckeyeNut
08-05-2010, 09:39 AM

Not having a State Camp from EAST TEXAS