PDA

View Full Version : Sex Predator Question (Poll)

big daddy russ
07-19-2010, 08:29 PM
(Another) 40-year-old suburban mom charged with having sex with teenage boys.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20010928-504083.html

This is a serious question spurred on by a long-running joke between my friends and I, but what is your opinion on sex between an older woman and a teenage male? Is the male truly being taken advantage of? Should there be different standards/laws between boys and girls for sexual intercourse because of physiological differences? Are 15-year-old boys not fully able to comprehend the consequences of sexual activity?

Guys always joke about wishing they had a teacher/hot mom/etc back in high school who was a cougar. Before I have a son and my opinion about everything changes, I wanted to ask this question and get some honest feedback from some honest people. What's YOUR opinion on this topic?

And this question invites discussion, so please post below.

SWMustang
07-19-2010, 08:59 PM
having a 14 year old son myself - I voted for them being too young to be messing around with an adult female.

Old Tiger
07-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Now days no because they know exactly what everything is....15-20 years ago probably.

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Now days no because they know exactly what everything is....15-20 years ago probably.
Knowing what it IS and knowing how (best) to use it are two totally different things! Anybody can get "it" but IMO it takes a certain level of mental and emotional maturity to "get" it and my opinion is for both boys and girls.

Txbroadcaster
07-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Would this poll be up if it was a 40 yr old man and a 14 yr old girl?

I dont understand why guys are supposed to "get it" and know everything

Old Tiger
07-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Knowing what it IS and knowing how (best) to use it are two totally different things! Anybody can get "it" but IMO it takes a certain level of mental and emotional maturity to "get" it and my opinion is for both boys and girls. kids don't care.....two words for that LHPM "Rabbit Style"

BullsFan
07-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I dont understand why guys are supposed to "get it" and know everything

This times ten thousand.

It's against the law, and adults who have sexual relationships with children are considered child molesters and sexual predators. It doesn't matter if it's a man/woman or a girl/boy. Or it shouldn't. Just because boys don't have a physical indication of their chastity does not mean they're ready for that kind of relationship.

big daddy russ
07-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Absolutely not. Different physiological and mental makeups between the two sexes. Different motivations, drives, etc.

Men have an extremely strong sex drive at puberty and peak at 18-20. And for thousands of years, we've married at an adolescent age, following the nature of our sex drive (sustaining of the species). Meanwhile, the sex drive in women strengthen entering their final years of fertility.

I'm just wondering if these factors matter to people, if we believe our modern 15-year-olds lack the understanding of 15-year-olds of years' past, or if there are other factors that I'm not considering.

No right or wrong answer to the question.

bobcat4life
07-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Are tbey being taken adantage of?

Is raping a prostitute considered rape or shoplifting?

Who knows?

MUSTANG69
07-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Most teenage boys know what they are getting into. The primal urge to procreate is strong at this age. The consequences of this are the farthest things from their mind and I don't think they are mentally affected by it. However, the woman is an adult and should realize how wrong it is and not let it happen. :D

Farmersfan
07-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Absolutely not. Different physiological and mental makeups between the two sexes. Different motivations, drives, etc.

Men have an extremely strong sex drive at puberty and peak at 18-20. And for thousands of years, we've married at an adolescent age, following the nature of our sex drive (sustaining of the species). Meanwhile, the sex drive in women strengthen entering their final years of fertility.

I'm just wondering if these factors matter to people, if we believe our modern 15-year-olds lack the understanding of 15-year-olds of years' past, or if there are other factors that I'm not considering.

No right or wrong answer to the question.

I raised two young men to become very productive adults with no real problems living in this society. (so far) But let's face it, America is one sexually dysfunctional country. And we are increasing the dysfunction daily with all the double standards and misguided ideas of morals or ethics! Sex is a completely normal and natural response to our very natures. Our GOD-GIVEN nature if you are a religious person! I can't abide by allowing adults to have sexual relations with minors as a general rule because of the sexual predators and deviants out there but believe me when I say your child has contact with FAR more sexual predators amoung their peers than they do outside of their peer circle. But truthfully wouldn't you rather your teenage son have his first sexual experiences with a mature, knowledgable woman who can teach him and make him feel comfortable and natural?
And don't get me started on the double standards put on young girls in this society from the time they can walk!!!!

DDBooger
07-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Uh, what are yall talking about in here?
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq280/aroundthfur/chris_hansen.gif

Farmersfan
07-20-2010, 08:57 AM
BDR! I don't understand the poll! You asked:

"Are 14-year-old boys really being taken advantage of by older women?"

And your choices on the poll are:

"Yes, boys don't get "taken advantage of."
By answering YES aren't we agreeing that they ARE being taken advantage of?

"No, they're too young to appropriately weigh the consequences of their decisions."
And by answering NO aren't we agreeing that they are not being taken advantage of?

big daddy russ
07-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

"No, they're too young to appropriately weigh the consequences of their decisions."
And by answering NO aren't we agreeing that they are not being taken advantage of?
Ha, you're right. I mixed them up. Ignore the "no" and the "yes" in the poll question.

MUSTANG69
07-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Uh, what are yall talking about in here?
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq280/aroundthfur/chris_hansen.gif

LMAO
You do have a sense of humor! This was a good one.:D

SintonFan
07-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

You beat me to it. I think maybe the poll was rigged because it was written by a man.:D
j/k Russ

Trashman
07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
This times ten thousand.

It's against the law, and adults who have sexual relationships with children are considered child molesters and sexual predators. It doesn't matter if it's a man/woman or a girl/boy. Or it shouldn't. Just because boys don't have a physical indication of their chastity does not mean they're ready for that kind of relationship. :iagree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
07-20-2010, 06:51 PM
The adult should ALWAYS be responsible enough to prevent this, Male or female, no difference. If they aren't, they need to go to jail.

LH Panther Mom
07-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Most teenage boys know what they are getting into. The primal urge to procreate is strong at this age. The consequences of this are the farthest things from their mind and I don't think they are mentally affected by it. However, the woman is an adult and should realize how wrong it is and not let it happen. :D
I'm pretty sure that procreation is the LAST thing on their mind!!! :p

SintonFan
07-20-2010, 07:57 PM

Do you have any daughters?:eek: :thinking:

MUSTANG69
07-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm pretty sure that procreation is the LAST thing on their mind!!! :p

I'm sure they don't even know how to spell procreation and I'm sure that that is the last thing on their mind. I was just trying to use "nice" words to describe the urge or instinct. Sorry.:thinking:

MUSTANG69
07-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Do you have any daughters?:eek: :thinking:

Yes! I have 1 daughter and 1 step-daughter. I also have 1 son and 2 stepsons.

Please do not get me wrong. I abhore this type of behavior. Any adult that engages in sex with a minor is one sick puppy. I was trying to merely state that a young male would probably not be mentally affected very much in this situation. He would probably look at it as an achievement that none of his buddies had accomplished. Maybe later as he gets older he "might" have second second thoughts about it.

Reds fan
07-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Reading the posts I started humming the tune "Well Hello Mrs. Robinson":D

Ranger Mom
07-22-2010, 08:53 AM

Please do not get me wrong. I abhore this type of behavior. Any adult that engages in sex with a minor is one sick puppy. I was trying to merely state that a young male would probably not be mentally affected very much in this situation. He would probably look at it as an achievement that none of his buddies had accomplished. Maybe later as he gets older he "might" have second second thoughts about it.

I have 4 sons and a daughter..and I have to agree with you. I think the boys that have been caught up in this kind of situation are "heroes" to their buddies.

That doesn't make the whole situation any less sick, but I don't think they are scarred for life from it either.

DDBooger
07-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have 4 sons and a daughter..and I have to agree with you. I think the boys that have been caught up in this kind of situation are "heroes" to their buddies.

That doesn't make the whole situation any less sick, but I don't think they are scarred for life from it either. To tell you the truth, having worked with these young ladies in a treatment center, they didn't fear for their lives either. It was mostly immature affection and feelings for an adult male who exploited that. However, some young ladies are far more advanced and came with warning to staff that a particular young lady could be extremely persuasive and flirtatious. Best thing to do is not put yourself in awkward situations as adults.

Ranger Mom
07-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Best thing to do is not put yourself in awkward situations as adults.

I totally agree!!

SintonFan
07-22-2010, 12:35 PM

Makes sense.

LH Panther Mom
07-22-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm sure they don't even know how to spell procreation and I'm sure that that is the last thing on their mind. I was just trying to use "nice" words to describe the urge or instinct. Sorry.:thinking:
Gotcha! :thumbsup: