PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who may have heard....

Ranger Mom
07-18-2010, 10:45 PM
or read on the Brownwood board that my daughter was killed last night, she is alive and well.

I think the misinformation came about because a woman from Greenwood, who spells her name exactly like I do, lost her daughter last night in a boating accident.

Please keep the Northcutt and Brooks families in your prayers.

Karah and her husband graduated with my oldest son, and they have a small son.

Also, please make sure you verify this kind of information before putting in out like this. It was very disconcerting to have people calling me and to go actually read it IN PRINT on a board.

Thanks to whoever it was who pulled the thread.

pirate4state
07-18-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm glad this is settled. Not cool that someone would post that without being 100% sure.

Very sorry for the girl's family & friends and especially her baby boy. :(

Ranger Mom
07-18-2010, 11:06 PM
I can't explain how awful it felt to read that my daughter had died, even when I knew full well that she was fine.

Needless to say, my husband is PISSED!!:eek:

wimbo_pro
07-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Holy Crap!! That shook me to the core just reading it. My heart goes out to the family in pain right now...I cant imagine how it felt on your end.

Ranger Mom
07-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Holy Crap!! That shook me to the core just reading it. My heart goes out to the family in pain right now...I cant imagine how it felt on your end.

I know!! I hadn't talked to my daughter today, so I immediately called her when got off the phone with LHPM, for my own peace of mind.

wimbo_pro
07-18-2010, 11:14 PM
That left a very bad feeling inside me. I dont like that feeling.

sinton66
07-18-2010, 11:16 PM
I feel sorry for the other lady, but thank God Ash is okay!

Ranger Mom
07-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
That left a very bad feeling inside me. I dont like that feeling.

I found out about the young Greenwood woman who died in the boating accident early this afternoon, so I have had a sick feeling in my gut since.....then THIS happens!!

I can see where the confusion may have come in, with both of our names being "Kellye"....what I DON'T understand is how this person had that information. No names have even been released around here yet.

Ranger Mom
07-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I feel sorry for the other lady, but thank God Ash is okay!

Amen to that Tony!!

95mustang
07-19-2010, 12:23 AM
The gentleman has since posted an apology for the misinformation he originally posted. He was just wanting to get the prayers started for the family.

Prayers for the family from Brownwood.

eagles_victory
07-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I can't explain how awful it felt to read that my daughter had died, even when I knew full well that she was fine.

Needless to say, my husband is PISSED!!:eek: No need to be pissed just an unfortunate misunderstanding. It's not journalism where you check your facts. Im sure the guy heard about it and felt horrible for you (although misinformed) and wanted prayers as soon as possible.

IrishTex
07-19-2010, 05:23 AM
My gosh Ranger Mom...I'm just waking up and reading this and it scared me to death...I'm glad all is ok with your family, and prayers for the other family.. (whew)

sinton66
07-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
No need to be pissed just an unfortunate misunderstanding. It's not journalism where you check your facts. Im sure the guy heard about it and felt horrible for you (although misinformed) and wanted prayers as soon as possible.

I disagree. May have been an "honest" mistake, but there's a lesson in this. Things like this should NEVER be posted unless one is 100% certain of the facts. One should never post things like this based on assumption.

garciap77
07-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
or read on the Brownwood board that my daughter was killed last night, she is alive and well.

I think the misinformation came about because a woman from Greenwood, who spells her name exactly like I do, lost her daughter last night in a boating accident.

Please keep the Northcutt and Brooks families in your prayers.

Karah and her husband graduated with my oldest son, and they have a small son.

Also, please make sure you verify this kind of information before putting in out like this. It was very disconcerting to have people calling me and to go actually read it IN PRINT on a board.

Thanks to whoever it was who pulled the thread.

I'm just glad that your family is OK! Prayers for the Northcutt and Brooks families!

44INAROW
07-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Dang Kellye.. Sorry that happened but so thankful it was not Ash.. Prayers to the family of the girl :(

Phil C
07-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Prayers for the family. We are glad that the daughter is ok but like others we feel sad for the other girl and her family.

I am sure 66 and others will agree but one of the hardest thing about growing old is having people half your age pass away. I have had people pass away that I thought would be around long after I am gone. It happens though but it is hard.

Footballhudini
07-19-2010, 09:50 AM
this sort of thing happens to celebrities all the time, only not with things concerning life/death.

the fact that someone is 'pissed' during this obvious misunderstanding is somewhat selfish. Be somewhat of a human being - Be grateful your daughter is alive, and change your pissyness to grief for the family who has just lost a loved one. God Bless that family.

Ranger Mom
07-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
this sort of thing happens to celebrities all the time, only not with things concerning life/death.

the fact that someone is 'pissed' during this obvious misunderstanding is somewhat selfish. Be somewhat of a human being - Be grateful your daughter is alive, and change your pissyness to grief for the family who has just lost a loved one. God Bless that family.

First of all, if you read what I wrote, you would see where I said my HUSBAND was pissed!! When someone upsets me, he gets upset...oh well!

I am very grateful my daughter is still alive and I know both of these families and feel a great amount of heartache and grief for them. I would appreciate you not telling me how I need to feel.

I guess I would like an explanation on how this whole mess started....this young girl lost her life on an Austin area lake...her name hasn't even been released yet.

I am just guessing that because of my name and the victims mothers name being spelled the same that this is where the confusion occurred.

That is completely MY guess on how it happened. I have not spoken to the person who originally posted it, nor have I been given any explanation on how this mix-up occurred.

wimbo_pro
07-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini

Thats a little harsh, dont you think Hudini?

Ranger Mom
07-19-2010, 11:21 AM
I have spoken with the original poster who has apologized for the mix-up.

He evidently knew Karah and was told about her accident. He did not know her mother but said the spelling of her name caught his eye and he immediately thought of me....just like I figured it happened.

He said he didn't blame my husband for being mad. He completely understood.

I never wanted this thread to turn ugly, I just wanted to clear up any confusion.

When people or person started getting ugly and telling me how I should feel and basically calling me "less than human" for having a basic human emotion, I decided to close the thread down!!