PDA

View Full Version : Coach Balch (La Vega) and Family need your prayers....(merged)

BaseballUmp
07-18-2010, 01:16 PM
GATESVILLE) Cameron native and a local coach, Eric Balch was injured Saturday night at his home in Gatesville after a fire broke out in the 100 block of Fairway drive just after 6 p.m. Authorities said Balch was flown to Parkland Hospital in Dallas for treatment of burns. His 4-year-old son and his daughter were each taken to Scott & White for treatment.

The cause of that fire has not yet been released.

GATESVILLE (July 18, 2010)—Former high school coach Eric Balch was in the burn unit of Parkland Hospital in Dallas Sunday with severe burns after an explosion and fire at his family’s home Saturday evening that claimed the life of his youngest son, Mason.

Balch’s son Cade was also burned and was also taken to Parkland.

His wife Tammy, a fifth grade teacher at Gatesville Intermediate School, and two daughters, Ashlee and Brooklyn, weren’t involved, according to a statement issued Sunday by the Gatesville ISD.

The fire broke out after an explosion just after 6 p.m. Saturday at the family’s home in the 100 block of Fairway Drive in Gatesville.

A fund for the Balch family has been established at First National Bank in Gatesville.

The Balch family has always been good people. Tank and his family always come around town from time to time when they have the time. Really good people though. Please pray for them

HORNETSPORTSFAN
07-18-2010, 02:04 PM
GATESVILLE (July 18, 2010)—A Gatesville toddler died from burns he received in a house fire Saturday and his father and brother remained at Parkland Hospital Burn Center in Dallas Sunday where they are undergoing treatment.

Mason Balch, who was not quite 2 years old, was burned over 90 percent of his body after he was trapped in a fire at the family’s home.

His father, Eric Balch, a coach in the La Vega ISD , was listed in critical condition Sunday with burns over more than 35 percent of his body.

Cade Balch, 4, who also was burned in the explosion and fire is in stable condition with burns on is feet and extreme lower legs.

The fire broke out shortly after 6 p.m. Saturday after an explosion inside the garage of the home in the 100 block of Fairway Dr.

Assistant Fire Chief Robert Featherston told News 10 Sunday afternoon the origin of the fire was the garage and the fire was contained there.

He said the cause of the fire has not yet been established and an investigator from the State Fire Marshal’s office is expected in Gatesville Monday to try to determine a precise cause.

Eric Balch was working in the yard when he heard the explosion and raced to the garage.

He went inside and pulled his sons away from the fire.

His wife Tammy, a fifth grade teacher at Gatesville Intermediate School, and two daughters, Ashlee and Brooklyn, were at a birthday party at the time of the fire and weren’t injured.

Eric Balch was flown directly to Parkland Saturday night.

Mason Balch and his brother Cade were taken first to Scott & White Hospital, in Temple, and later Saturday night they both were flown to Dallas, as well.

A fund for the Balch family has been established at First National Bank in Gatesville.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/98681609.html

OldBison75
07-18-2010, 02:18 PM
My heartfelt prayers go out to this family and all of thier friends. I pray that they will be surrounded by the love of God and that neighbors, and friends will embrace them and help them through this tragic time.

44INAROW
07-18-2010, 03:29 PM
HOw horrible.. prayers for all.. :(

Pudlugger
07-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Prayers from La Grange. May God bless and comfort this family.

West22
07-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Our prayers will be for the family,such a tragedy.May God bless.

Looking4number8
07-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Prayers from our family to theirs, I can not imagine the pain of losing a little one... God Bless!

LH Panther Mom
07-18-2010, 04:25 PM
My prayers go out to Coach Balch and his family. I've met him a couple of times and he's a good guy. This has to be rough! :(

Ranger Mom
07-19-2010, 11:24 AM
What tragic news!!

My prayers go out to all involved!!

garciap77
07-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Prayers from Wylie.

buff4ever
07-19-2010, 02:32 PM
prayers from Giddings, great family

zebrablue2
07-19-2010, 05:44 PM
OMG! Prayers said and sent!!!

booger
07-22-2010, 12:02 PM
This last weekend a good friend of mine, who is a coach and teacher along with his wife, was involved in a terrible accident at his home. His 2 year old son passed away due to burn injurys from a fire in the garage, his 4year old brother is still in Parkland burn center with his injuries suffered in the fire and their father Eric is in ICU at Parkland with the 3rd degree burns over 40% of his body he suffered running in to save his kids lives!!!

On Aug 8th in Gatesville, Texas there will be a benefit for the family. I have attached a link to the local TV station for the rest of the story.

If any of you are headed to the lease that weekend PLEASE stop in and help the family as the bills are going to add up in HURRY!!!! and there is no telling how long it will take for them to even think about recovering.

If any gifts can be sent please do so to the First National Bank in Gatesville on east main. Also for additional info a contact email is showard0@yahoo.com

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/98681609.html

Yoe_09
07-22-2010, 12:12 PM
There is a fund set up at Buckholts State Bank in Cameron, Buckholts, and Rogers.

In Cameron there is also a benefit being scheduled.

44INAROW
07-22-2010, 02:19 PM
continued prayers for the family. I can't imagine the emotional and physical recovery ahead of them :( thank heaven for good friends and coworkers to help them with the benefit and support

BaseballUmp
07-22-2010, 05:57 PM
STATE FIRE MARSHALL MAKES RULING IN GATESVILLE FIRE 2010-07-22
(GATESVILLE) The state Fire Marshal said this week we may never know exactly what caused an explosion in the garage of a Gatesville home that killed a 2 year old boy.

The official cause of the fire is undetermined. But investigators said they found a tipped-over gas can in the garage, which could have ignited with the pilot light of a water heater.

Former Yoe High graduate and a coach at LaVega ISD, Eric Balch and his 4-year-old son were badly burned in the fire. His 2-year old son was killed.

Both Eric and his son Cade are in stable condition currently at Parkland Hospital`s Burn Unit in Dallas.

Meanwhile, the support from communities is overwhelming.

The blood drive and bake sale held Wednesday surpassed all expectations and the wait line grew so large organizers literally had to turn people away two hours early and set up another drive for next week.

The amount of people that gave blood at First United Methodist Church in Gatesville swelled past 200 by 4 p.m.

The bake sale that ran at the same time had racked up at least $5,500 by 6 p.m.

To date, $15,000 has been raised to help the Balch family pay for their medical bills.

Due to the tragedy, several other blood drives and benefits have been organized in the area.

A fund for the Balch family has been established at First National Bank in Gatesville. Checks can be sent to Balch family fund, Box 659, Gatesville, TX, 76528. A 2nd fund has been set up at Buckholts State Bank in Cameron, Buckholts, or Rogers.

A garage sale will take place today at Gatesville Church of Christ, with all proceeds benefitting the Balch family.

A prayer service for the family is set for this Saturday, July 24th, at 7:30p.m. on the south side of the Gatesville Courthouse.

The Cameron community is invited to meet for a Prayer Gathering for the Balch family on Saturday, at 7:30pm on the square in downtown Cameron at the flag pole across from City Hall.

Blood drives are also scheduled Saturday at the Masonic Lodge on Highway 317 and 4th Street in Crawford and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Richland Mall in Waco.

The Waco Donor Center at 4332 West Waco Drive is open Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays.

On Saturday, friends plan a benefit carwash starting at 9 a.m. at Express Car Care in Gatesville.

On Monday, a blood drive will be held at Gatesville High School in the old gym from 10AM-4PM.

From 11-2PM on Monday, if you eat lunch at Gatesville`s Prima Pasta near the Best Western, a $6 lunch of Lasagna, salad, bread and tea will send 100% of the proceeds to the Balch family.

On Sunday August 8th friends will host a Bar-B-Que lunch and silent auction at the Coryell Activities Complex on Main Street starting at 11am.

Locally in Cameron, a benefit is being scheduled. Details are forthcoming.

KMIL (http://kmil.com/story.php?id=11731)

BaseballUmp
07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
So far, more than $30,000 has been raised for the Balch family!!!

GreenMonster
07-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
So far, more than $30,000 has been raised for the Balch family!!! It's not nearly enough, my heartfelt prayers go out to this family. What a tragic accident. I cannot imagine how bad this man is beating himself up over the loss of his 2 year old and severe injuries to his 4 year old. It's just bad all the way around. Pray for this man because I'm sure his emotional injuries are far worse than his physical injuries which from what I've read are very severe on their own accord.

BaseballUmp
07-27-2010, 02:01 AM
Yes I agree, I could not imagine having to run inside trying to save your children from a massive fire. Truly saddening.

BaseballUmp
07-28-2010, 09:20 PM
A few pages dedicated to the Balch family on facebook...

One Community Supporting the Balch Family (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/OneCommunitySupportingTheBalchFamily)

Keep the Balch Family in your Prayers (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=135461489820553&ref=ts)

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9252/balchfamily.jpg

GreenMonster
07-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the links. Myself and all of the other coaches on the staff I work on have this family in our thoughts and prayers. It hits close to home for all of us as we all have small children.

mrgreenblood
07-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I offer my deepest sympathy and regret for the family. I pray for you.

LE Dad
07-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It's not nearly enough, my heartfelt prayers go out to this family. What a tragic accident. I cannot imagine how bad this man is beating himself up over the loss of his 2 year old and severe injuries to his 4 year old. It's just bad all the way around. Pray for this man because I'm sure his emotional injuries are far worse than his physical injuries which from what I've read are very severe on their own accord. I am just completly speechless, but your thoughts are very close to mine. May God give this man and woman alot of strength in the coming years because they will need it.

God bless them all and keep and take care of their little one.

lulu
07-30-2010, 05:00 PM
My heart is breaking as I read these posts. May God surround all who grieve with His grace and comfort. My prayers and tears will continue for this family. God's love will sustain them just as
He has promised. I am truly without words to express my hurt for them.

lulu
07-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I would love to be able to send this family picture to some of my friends so that we may put faces to our prayer chains. Anyone can tell me how?

BaseballUmp
08-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Remembering Mason Balch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH-XHAl7cTg)

A touching collage of young Mason...please take a look

BaseballUmp
08-16-2010, 04:43 PM
RODEO/GOLF BENEFIT BALCH FAMILY 2010-08-16

(MCGREGOR/CAMERON) A rodeo in McGregor and a Golf Tournament in Cameron were held over the weekend as communities continue to pour out support for the Eric Balch family.

Strangers from hundreds of miles away rallied support Sunday for the Gatesville family affected by a deadly house fire.

A barrel race and auction in McGregor, and a golf tournament in Cameron raised money for the family of La Vega High School coach and Yoe high graduate Eric Balch.

Two year old Mason Balch was killed and Eric and his 3 year old sone Cade were badly burned last month in a fire at the Balch home in Gatesville.

The McGregor benefit included everything from brisket and barrel racing to an auction. Donations for the auction poured in from businesses, loved ones, friends and strangers.

On September 12th, a barbecue, auction and raffle are being planned at Marak Hall. Organizers of the event are meeting weekly to prepare for at least 1500 plates and a large auction. A similar event held a week ago in Gatesville raised over $140,000 for the Balch family.

5 prizes will be raffled off, including: a 50" plasma tv, Toshiba notebook pc, or 3 chances to win a $500 Visa gift card. A BBQ meal will be served at 11AM and a live auction will start at 1PM. Tickets for the raffle are for a $10 donation. Need not be present to win.

Tammy Balch`s mom Debbie Gallaway says the family is forever grateful for the support and prayers.

Eric Balch is now recovering at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

KMIL (http://kmil.com/story.php?id=11983)

Ranger Mom
08-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Remembering Mason Balch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH-XHAl7cTg)

A touching collage of young Mason...please take a look

That was very moving....what a precious child!

lulu
08-20-2010, 11:41 AM
This saga still breaks my heart. We were talking about the family last night at our scrimmage. I don't know why this tragedy has lay so heavy on me but for some reason it has stayed in the back of my head some part of most days. I do not know them personally. But yet.....they are here with me often.

Please continue to pray for them.

BaseballUmp
08-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Eric and his wife Tammy recently renewed their vows, and Tank is looking good...it's nice to see a smile on their faces

lulu
08-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Eric and his wife Tammy recently renewed their vows, and Tank is looking good...it's nice to see a smile on their faces
thank you for posting that. How is Eric?
Not asking for details to be put out on here but I have no way of checking on them and as i said they weight heavy on my heart. lulu

BaseballUmp
08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Take a look at this link (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/OneCommunitySupportingTheBalchFamily?ref=ts). Lots of support out there for them. Also take a few moments to look at the pictures

lulu
08-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Take a look at this link (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/OneCommunitySupportingTheBalchFamily?ref=ts). Lots of support out there for them. Also take a few moments to look at the pictures Oh... how that eases my heart. They look great. I pray for their continued recovery of body and soul.

BaseballUmp
08-21-2010, 04:59 PM
COACH BALCH RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL 2010-08-21

(GATESVILLE) Eric Balch, a Yoe High Grad and current coach at La Vega High School, has been released from the hospital.

Balch, 37, was badly burned in July while trying to rescue his 2 young sons from their burning garage.

Balch`s road to recovery though is far from over as he still faces several weeks of therapy before he can return home to Gatesville.

A fire July 17th at the family home sent Balch to the hospital with burns to over 35% of his body. The fire also injured his 3-year-old son Cade and claimed the life of his 2-year-old son Mason. Both Cade and Eric were taken to Parkland Hospital Burn Center in Dallas almost immediately after the fire.

A private memorial service will be held today in Gatesville for Mason Balch.

Friends and neighbors have rallied to support the Balch family, organizing benefits and blood drives, sometimes causing long lines.

A fund for the Balch family was established at First National Bank in Gatesville and at Buckholts State Bank in Cameron, Buckholts, and Rogers.

Very good news indeed, although he still has a mountain to climb ahead of him

KMIL (http://kmil.com/story.php?id=12042)

BaseballUmp
08-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Reportedly, Tank and his family showed up in the Cameron Yoe locker room about an hour before the game last night to wish them luck. Talk about some motivation!

BaseballUmp
08-31-2010, 03:50 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3190/helmetj.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/i/helmetj.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Cameron Yoe acknowledging the Balch family