PDA

View Full Version : Old Card, BH vs BC

BH_146
05-17-2002, 07:14 AM
It appears someone forgot to bring the bats to Jasper for batting practice. I don't know if you made it to the game considering the outcome was a foregone conclusion, but it was a darn good game. Someone on BC's site was almost prophetic in stating that the difference would be the 7,8 and 9 hitters' contribution. The only thing is they picked the wrong team. Our freshmen did pick the right time to be a clutch hitter. And that is what is needed many times in the playoffs is for someone not really counted on to make a big contribution. Perhaps you remember the third game between the two teams last year. Our number nine hitter had not played in the first two games yet stroked consecutive one hop doubles to the fence driving in key runs at the time. BC has a great team but it just didn't play out for them this year. I was hoping the BC coach wouldn't catch too much flack but I see it has already begun. Some people in BC need to realize, we have a pretty good program over here.

Old Cardinal
05-17-2002, 08:20 AM
Congratulations to Coaches Stauban and Byrd and all the team. Yes, the one game deal worked out for you. Bridge City deserved to lose this game because of 4 glaring errors, not the ability of BH, per say. Hope you guys good luck in your next game. A 5-4 game in nine innings was quite exciting. It's hard to believe BC made 3 double plays and yet made 4 errows. There bats were bad in that they kept driving foul balls down the 3rd base side-never adjusting to the slow pitching.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited May 17, 2002).]

RBARKER
05-17-2002, 09:54 AM
Old Cardinal, Yall had a great team this year, there is no reason to make up excuses for your loss. BH also has a good team and they showed it last night. All though Bh had "no ability" and "slow pitching" we prevailed. Congratulation to the Eagles for being the first 3A team to defeat BC. Great job Eagles! Good luck against Lorena or Giddings in the next round.

QBKilla
05-17-2002, 12:12 PM
All Old Cardinal does is whine and make up excuses. If you call 87 mile per hour fastballs slow than your more of a man than myself. Why cant you just give some credit where credit is due? It doesn't look like yall adjusted to well to Bazan's "slow" pitches either.

[This message has been edited by QBKilla (edited May 17, 2002).]

sinton66
05-17-2002, 04:12 PM
Old Cardinal, I can sympathize. Same thing happened to Sinton in the second half of the football championship. Still, you guys have had a great year in sports. Best of luck in the future.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-18-2002, 02:58 AM
slow pitching? The pitcher pitches the ball and the batter has to adjust to the speed of the ball slow or fast. Sounds like ya'll hitters can only hit one speed 100 mph pitches