PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park

Texas State
07-18-2010, 01:17 AM
With a new coach and lots of great returning players, Iowa Park will win district and make noise and go at least a few rounds in the playoffs!!

Mark this down!!

Z-RO
07-18-2010, 06:11 AM
Dont think so, but in a couple of years you might be on to something. Ponder is a hell of a coach!

fresh-j
07-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Texas State
With a new coach and lots of great returning players, Iowa Park will win district and make noise and go at least a few rounds in the playoffs!!

Mark this down!!

That is one of the easiest districts in 3A, however Graham will breeze ghrough it. And Lee Clubb will get district MVP and be the whole team!!!

Mark it down! :D

VWG
07-18-2010, 10:11 AM

Mark this down!!

3rd post and you gotta be an IP homer!
:crazy1:

westcoast54
07-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by fresh-j
That is one of the easiest districts in 3A, however Graham will breeze ghrough it. And Lee Clubb will get district MVP and be the whole team!!!

Mark it down! :D

One of the easiest districts in 3A? I don't think so.

fresh-j
07-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by westcoast54
One of the easiest districts in 3A? I don't think so.

2 1-9 teams, a move up sub par 2A. Iowa Park lost alotta coaches, Graham and Burk are the only ones in that district that would compete in Brownwoods district (which neither wouldn't make top three) or Brideports district. Graham lucked out getting out of the SWC :D and burk got unlucky bringing someone better into their district :cool:

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-18-2010, 11:56 PM
2 1-9 teams, a move up sub par 2A. Iowa Park lost alotta coaches, Graham and Burk are the only ones in that district that would compete in Brownwoods district (which neither wouldn't make top three) or Brideports district. Graham lucked out getting out of the SWC :D and burk got unlucky bringing someone better into their district :cool:

Those 1-9 teams were last year. We don't know about this year yet. We have some new coaches and new systems so we have no idea this early how strong or weak this district will be. This group of teams has historically been very tough throughout the years so show some respect.

hawkfan
07-19-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm going to cut Vernon a little slack. I'm 30 years old, and this is the first time I have ever seen them go 1-9. They had a freshman running back who was thier whole team. I'm pretty sure he is just going to get better every year.

As for Iowa Park, I know Ponder is a great coach, but every opinion I have seen and read leads them to think that Iowa Park will go several rounds deep. I even saw where somebody has said that they will win a state championship, All because they have changed coaches. In the end it is the same kids that didn't change are the ones that are going to have to win. I"m from Iowa Park so I want them to win but I'm thinking peoples expectations are so high that they are possibly setting themselves up to be dissappointed. I hope I am wrong and will gladly say if I am but that is the way I see it.

GreenMonster
07-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan I'm going to cut Vernon a little slack. I'm 30 years old, and this is the first time I have ever seen them go 1-9. They had a freshman running back who was thier whole team. I'm pretty sure he is just going to get better every year. As for Iowa Park, I know Ponder is a great coach, but every opinion I have seen and read leads them to think that Iowa Park will go several rounds deep. I even saw where somebody has said that they will win a state championship, All because they have changed coaches. In the end it is the same kids that didn't change are the ones that are going to have to win. I"m from Iowa Park so I want them to win but I'm thinking peoples expectations are so high that they are possibly setting themselves up to be dissappointed. I hope I am wrong and will gladly say if I am but that is the way I see it. I would have to say they are probably a couple of years away talentwise to make any real noise. Ponder will have them excited and ready to go but I don't know if it will be enough.

fresh-j
07-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I would have to say they are probably a couple of years away talentwise to make any real noise. Ponder will have them excited and ready to go but I don't know if it will be enough.

I agree with that statement, and the RB for Vernon, Devin Butler, is probably the top 2013 Back in 3A. Down the road I can see the top 3 being Huerta from B port Garcia from Sinton and Butler from Vernon. They probably won't have as much talent as Smith from Wimberley and Jackson from Cuero..But what do I know :D

PPSTATEBOUND
07-20-2010, 11:08 AM
September, 3 Pilot Point at Iowa Park Away 7:30 PM

Thump.:)

BurkNate
07-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND

IOWA PARK EASY IN THIS ONE!!!!!

Thump.:)

fresh-j
07-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by BurkNate

Fail.. Lmao I was worse than that at first too, No worries. BurkNate, what're the bulldogs gonna look like this year ?:D

Texas State
07-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND

Thump.:) IP Will win this game rather easy! WELCOME to 3A Pilot Point!!

PPSTATEBOUND
07-21-2010, 08:43 AM
IP Will win this game rather easy! WELCOME to 3A Pilot Point!!

:rolleyes:

BurkNate
07-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Fail.. Lmao I was worse than that at first too, No worries. BurkNate, what're the bulldogs gonna look like this year ?:D

Probable 7-3, Have a Stud coming back at QB.. Will finish 2nd in District to IP

fresh-j
07-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by BurkNate
Probable 7-3, Have a Stud coming back at QB.. Will finish 2nd in District to IP

Canon Cornelius has probably the greatest qb name of all time. He'll be fun to watch. However I see Burk getting 2nd like you do..but I see Graham not losing a district game the next two years, but the people that would upset em would def be burk! :D

Texas State
07-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Canon Cornelius has probably the greatest qb name of all time. He'll be fun to watch. However I see Burk getting 2nd like you do..but I see Graham not losing a district game the next two years, but the people that would upset em would def be burk! :D

Graham will not be the factor you think they will be in the next few years! No McCoy means alot more then you think!!

VWG
07-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Graham will not be the factor you think they will be in the next few years! No McCoy means alot more then you think!!

Hard to say. Graham lost a great group of seniors, but their junior class (now seniors) has some talent. JV, if I remember correctly, had some players on it and went like 8-2.
Iowa Park couldn't finish with a freshman and JV team. Once grades came out they had to form one team to complete the sub-varsity season. I would think Ponder would take care of that, but a lot of that starts at the home. If the parents care about what the kids are doing in class then you wouldn't see that problem.

fresh-j
07-25-2010, 11:42 AM

Don't be suprised if the new one opens a lot of eyes, watched him down in College Station, has a funky throwing motion, but good on his feet. He's about 6'2 195 (bigger than Case was) however I doubt he's gonna be the 5th leading passer in THSF or whatever. But he will do more than the job and get it done. An to all the people that are riding the Ponder wagon, y'all do relize Iowa Park literlly didn't have a jv last year due to half the team getting ISS or AEP, I don't know what for, but they all quit after that. Iowa Park is a long way from being a State Title contender. :D

steerz2010
07-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Hard to say. Graham lost a great group of seniors, but their junior class (now seniors) has some talent. JV, if I remember correctly, had some players on it and went like 8-2.
Iowa Park couldn't finish with a freshman and JV team. Once grades came out they had to form one team to complete the sub-varsity season. I would think Ponder would take care of that, but a lot of that starts at the home. If the parents care about what the kids are doing in class then you wouldn't see that problem.
JV went 9-1 with the only loss being to Abilene Wylie.
just to clear that up ;)