PDA

View Full Version : Bengie Molina

crzyjournalist03
07-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Bengie Molina just hit for the cycle.

Unbelievable!

GreenMonster
07-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Man, that was like a 30 second triple. Unbelievable is right.

crzyjournalist03
07-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Man, that was like a 30 second triple. Unbelievable is right.

And unfortunately they had to take him out of the game afterward...he overextended himself. Hope it's just a precaution.

The guys on MLB Network had a great line. They said that the last triple he had was from Wendy's and had cheese on it.

Only the sixth triple of his career.

bigwood33
07-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I am sitting here watching the game with my son and I no more than say "he has no chance of hitting for the cycle", damned if he doesn't! That was freaking funny too. Have you seen anyone...EVER...as slow as him? I swear that he is the only player in the league who would get a triple on that hit...EVERYONE else would have had an inside the park homer. Some guys could have run all the way around and back to first on that one. I told my son that he could run backward around the bases than Molina ran them forward.

Good for him!

crzyjournalist03
07-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I am sitting here watching the game with my son and I know more than say "he has no chance of hitting for the cycle", damned if he doesn't! That was freaking funny too. Have you seen anyone...EVER...as slow as him? I swear that he is the only player in the league who would get a triple on that hit...EVERYONE else would have had an inside the park homer. Some guys could have run all the way around and back to first on that one. I told my son that he could run backward around the bases than Molina ran them forward.

Good for him!

I remember there was a race in spring training between Molina and someone else who's really slow in a bet to see who the slowest player in the league is, and Bengie lost the race.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Red Sox radio announcers had just mention only way for a triple was for Patterson to just miss on a catch and the ball roll aound in the triangle. They also said the home plate ump could of run beside Bengie Molina and make sure he touch every base :D

GreenMonster
07-17-2010, 01:51 AM
HaHa! Former Ranger Marlon Byrd hit a homerun for the Cubs today and his homerun TROT took less time to hit all four bases than it took for Molina's triple.:1omg!:

Rabid Cougar
07-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Score one for the old slow guys!

Rangers radio announcers said that he has hit a triple once every 999 at bats- 1 in a 1,000 chance... Now figure the probability for doing it to complete a cycle?