PDA

View Full Version : Wichita Falls City View Track

BEAST
07-16-2010, 04:17 PM
My 2 oldest sons are competing in a regional track meet there tomorrow. Anyone know where the track is?

BEAST

garciap77
07-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
My 2 oldest sons are competing in a regional track meet there tomorrow. Anyone know where the track is?

BEAST

I'll PM you the location! I'll be there tomorrow too!

garciap77
07-16-2010, 04:21 PM
T.A.A.F. Track & Field
Region 8 Track & Field Meet
July 17, 2010
City View Junior/Senior High School Track & Field Complex – CVISD
1600 City View Drive
Wichita Falls, Texas

garciap77
07-16-2010, 05:45 PM
BEAST! Check you email. The information in there now!

GreenMonster
07-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Driving north through Wichita Falls (US281,I-44, or US287 all the same road through WF) get into one of the 2 left hand lanes as you will need to take the Amarillo exit on the north end of town. It is a left exit. From there you will travel west approximately one mile to the City View Exit. Turn left under the overpass at the 7-11 and travel 2-3 blocks south. School will be on your right (it's really big and easy to locate by sight) track is behind the school. There are access roads on each end of the school that will take you to the athletic complex.

garciap77
07-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Driving north through Wichita Falls (US281,I-44, or US287 all the same road through WF) get into one of the 2 left hand lanes as you will need to take the Amarillo exit on the north end of town. It is a left exit. From there you will travel west approximately one mile to the City View Exit. Turn left under the overpass at the 7-11 and travel 2-3 blocks south. School will be on your right (it's really big and easy to locate by sight) track is behind the school. There are access roads on each end of the school that will take you to the athletic complex.

Any good places to eat down there?

BEAST
07-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Got the info. Thanks.

BEAST

GreenMonster
07-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Any good places to eat down there?

Not far from City View there is a Cracker Barrel, El Chicos, and a Chinese buffet called China Star. Those are all located in the I-44 corridor. To get to El Chico's and China Star (are side by side) get back on 287 towards the main part of town and stay right and rejoin I-44 and then take the first exit (Maurine St). To get to Cracker Barrel go back under the overpass at US 287 up past the 7-11 and take the first right (Airport Dr) and follow it all the way up to the service road in front of Wal-Mart. Take a right on the service road and you can't miss it on the right. Closer to the air force base there is a really good sandwich place called Deli Planet and a bbq place called Sun Country that isn't bad. To get to them get back on US 287 E when leaving City View back towards the main part of town and there is a left exit not far after you get back on the highway and it will lead you right to them. The sandwich place is past the main gate and you will have to take a left at the light right in front of the main gate to the base (it's the 2nd light) and then make a U turn at the first available turnaround and it will be right there. Sun Country is closer to City View across the street from McDonalds on Enterprise. There is a stop light there (it's the first light) at Enterprise where you will need to turn left. It's in a remodeled DQ across from the McD's. If you are in to more homestyle fare there is a local place called P3 on Old Iowa Park Highway. To get there from City View take a right as you are coming out of the parking lot and go all the way to the stop sign. Take a left and follow it a couple miles. There will be 2 overpasses that you will have to go under and it is on the left about a block past the second overpass. That last overpass is I-44 so it will have easy access back up onto the highway. There are a few other places further up in to town. Several off of US 82 aka "Kell Freeway." To get to them get back up on 287 and head back in to Wichita Falls and stay on that road it will turn in to an elevated freeway and stay right on the elevated part and it will turn into US 82 or Kell Freeway. There is a Cheddars and a Johnny Carinos on the service road on the north side about 2 miles past where you joined up and a Texas Roadhouse on the other side of the road at the Lebanon/Call Field Rd exit. Thankfully Wichita Falls is pretty easy to get around in if you stay on the main roads. The 2 places out by the air force base are a little off the beaten path but are easily accessible from City View and are easy to get back to the main roads from. Hope this helps and good luck.

BEAST
07-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Hey Garcia, I really enjoyed hanging out and visiting with you today. My oldest son qualified in the 100. Geuss I'll see you in Waco at the state meet.

BEAST

garciap77
07-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Hey Garcia, I really enjoyed hanging out and visiting with you today. My oldest son qualified in the 100. Geuss I'll see you in Waco at the state meet.

BEAST

I enjoyed talking to you too! Both of your boys did great! It was fun watching them run. The little one is going to be a BEAST! Him running with the bigger kids will payoff in the long run.

I'll send you the pics soon. Try to make your hotel reservations as soon as you can. It's hard finding a place to stay at these events.

Coach Hood is doing a great job! You will see it pay off, not only in track, but in football!

I'll see you in Waco.

GP77

garciap77
07-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Not far from City View there is a Cracker Barrel, El Chicos, and a Chinese buffet called China Star. Those are all located in the I-44 corridor. To get to El Chico's and China Star (are side by side) get back on 287 towards the main part of town and stay right and rejoin I-44 and then take the first exit (Maurine St). To get to Cracker Barrel go back under the overpass at US 287 up past the 7-11 and take the first right (Airport Dr) and follow it all the way up to the service road in front of Wal-Mart. Take a right on the service road and you can't miss it on the right. Closer to the air force base there is a really good sandwich place called Deli Planet and a bbq place called Sun Country that isn't bad. To get to them get back on US 287 E when leaving City View back towards the main part of town and there is a left exit not far after you get back on the highway and it will lead you right to them. The sandwich place is past the main gate and you will have to take a left at the light right in front of the main gate to the base (it's the 2nd light) and then make a U turn at the first available turnaround and it will be right there. Sun Country is closer to City View across the street from McDonalds on Enterprise. There is a stop light there (it's the first light) at Enterprise where you will need to turn left. It's in a remodeled DQ across from the McD's. If you are in to more homestyle fare there is a local place called P3 on Old Iowa Park Highway. To get there from City View take a right as you are coming out of the parking lot and go all the way to the stop sign. Take a left and follow it a couple miles. There will be 2 overpasses that you will have to go under and it is on the left about a block past the second overpass. That last overpass is I-44 so it will have easy access back up onto the highway. There are a few other places further up in to town. Several off of US 82 aka "Kell Freeway." To get to them get back up on 287 and head back in to Wichita Falls and stay on that road it will turn in to an elevated freeway and stay right on the elevated part and it will turn into US 82 or Kell Freeway. There is a Cheddars and a Johnny Carinos on the service road on the north side about 2 miles past where you joined up and a Texas Roadhouse on the other side of the road at the Lebanon/Call Field Rd exit. Thankfully Wichita Falls is pretty easy to get around in if you stay on the main roads. The 2 places out by the air force base are a little off the beaten path but are easily accessible from City View and are easy to get back to the main roads from. Hope this helps and good luck.

Did not get a chance to say Thanks this morning! So, I'll say it now THANKS!

GreenMonster
07-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Did not get a chance to say Thanks this morning! So, I'll say it now THANKS!

You are very welcome. Sorry for the late response, I've been in San Antonio for coaching school all week. I was at the track early Saturday morning and helped set up the sound system before heading out for San Antonio at about 9:30. I hope that we were good hosts for this event and I hope you were treated well by all involved. The school does not actually run the meet but quite a few of our people were involved. I just hope that any information I was able to offer was helpful.

garciap77
07-22-2010, 08:09 AM
You are very welcome. Sorry for the late response, I've been in San Antonio for coaching school all week. I was at the track early Saturday morning and helped set up the sound system before heading out for San Antonio at about 9:30. I hope that we were good hosts for this event and I hope you were treated well by all involved. The school does not actually run the meet but quite a few of our people were involved. I just hope that any information I was able to offer was helpful.

We were treated well by all involved, but I think there were not enough volunteers. So, the meet was running about 3 hours behind. Again thanks for the information!