PDA

View Full Version : Everman Vs. Perryton At Denton

fury900
12-01-2001, 11:38 PM
Everman Vs. Perryton At Denton

Matthew328
12-02-2001, 01:30 AM
I am stunned Perryton is playing Everman at UNT in Denton..woulda thought the game would been in Wichita Falls

Matthew328
12-02-2001, 01:30 AM
I am stunned Perryton is playing Everman at UNT in Denton..woulda thought the game would been in Wichita Falls

coolguycody_c
12-02-2001, 01:36 AM
I am stunned Perryton is PLAYING Everman....

Da Mules
12-02-2001, 10:12 PM
Well you shouldn't be Cody. Perryton's defense basically shut down the Lion;s running back, they are very fast and as you know if you saw the game, they fly to the ball. And their kicker/special teams do a very good job. I couldn't believe that V kid trying to run the ball out from 8 yards deep in the end-zone that one time! Perryton has more speed and weapons on both sides of the ball than people are giving them credit for.

Matthew328
12-02-2001, 10:50 PM
Good point Da_Mules...Perryton is better than people think..any team that can blow out Lamesa and beat Vernon is legit..however I think the panhandle's recent history of flipping home and home came back to bite em on the butt..Everman was willing to play in Wichita Falls or even Lubbock or Sweetwater but apparently Perryton insisted on home and home..I guess they felt their only chance to win was to have Everman in Amarillo..which I admit would have been TOUGH for Everman to win..but since Perryton is being forced to come to the Metroplex it is gonna be tough for them to win

kaorder1999
12-03-2001, 02:37 AM
Everman will post 50 on Perryton...Mark my word!!

jch1993
12-03-2001, 09:32 AM
Perryton is so underated and Vernon was unprepared for them. For those who have seen Perryton play witnessed one of the best exhibitions of teamwork I have ever seen. Especially the offensive and defensive lines. The blocking was picture perfect and the tackling was just plain good. I heard after the game (probably said it myself) that the coaches lost this one. Well, the coaches weren't on the field and they called the same plays they have all year. This time it came down to execution. If you execute the plays the way they are supposed to be then it don't matter if the defense knows the play and you can run the same play all night, if it is executed it will be successfull. I think that Perryton only used 4 different plays on Vernon. (Sweep left, Sweep Right, Draw left, Draw right, oops 5... halfback pass) Hopefully Vernon will learn from this game and that the seniors can take what they have learned as well and use this experience in the world of life.

eye of the tiger
12-03-2001, 09:57 AM
good article about Everman in the Dallas Morning News today.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports_day/highschools/football/STORY.ea8b8e3f58.b0.af.0.a4.d6415.html

CHS_DT38
12-03-2001, 06:56 PM
I think that Everman will have another blowout victory!!!

the claw
12-03-2001, 08:53 PM
Any game this week should not be a blowout. I'll go with Everman by 10. They are too fast as a team. Defensively they swarm to the ball. And have several running backs that can hurt you. I don't see many people stopping their running game or running on them.

surfspike
12-04-2001, 12:30 AM
well.... i could picture Sinton passing all over them. the everman secondary is quick, but speed is all they have. IF it turns out to be Sinton/Everman and Sinton has tall recievers (e.i. Commerce's Antonio Burrell i think and like a few from Lindale) Sinton will have a Hay-day with Everman.

Matthew328
12-04-2001, 12:45 AM
I dunno about that...Forney hit a couple of nice passes but remember..one was an unbelieveable catch with 2 defenders draped over him...Everman has an excellent secondary I dont think anyone will have a hay-day with Everman's secondary

rsjmann
12-04-2001, 07:17 AM
Perryton is the most underrated team in the state. Nobody even mentioned a word about them until the second round of the playoffs when I was trying to find something about them before Lamesa played them. Perryton is by far the most unified and teamwork dedicated team I have seen this year. They are very disciplined and run each play full blast and with precision. Perryton is very fast and I believe will not only pull off the victory, no not upset because this late in the playoffs rankings don't mean jack!!! Perryton 33, Everman 24

bleedgreen
12-04-2001, 08:01 AM
NOBODY is going to stop Everman on it's way to the State title......NOBODY!!!

3ABirdMan
12-04-2001, 08:13 AM
smurfspike - Sinton has to get through Bridge City for you get your wish. While it may well happen, don't be surprised if it doesn't.

jch1993
12-04-2001, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by the claw:
Any game this week should not be a blowout. I'll go with Everman by 10. They are too fast as a team. Defensively they swarm to the ball. And have several running backs that can hurt you. I don't see many people stopping their running game or running on them.That's what we thought about Vernon. Vernon probably has the best running game in the state and a good run stopping defense, but when you play the way Perryton did they made Vernon look bad and they can do the same to Everman if they don't prepare and execute.

Matthew328
12-04-2001, 11:16 AM
Vernon best running game in the state? Hmm I know it was pretty good but the best?

the claw
12-04-2001, 12:12 PM
Well I wouldn't know anything about Vernon but I have seen Everman and Forney. If there is a more complete backfield than in Everman and a more big play back than Blanton I would be surprised. And Matt two of them were unbelievable catches. I only remember one other catch on the final drive. Everman's pass defense had Forney's extremely fast recievers covered really well. I really didn't see any weaknesses on Everman's team. The only thing that could hurt them is if they look past a team. But that shouldn't ever happen in the playoffs.

rsjmann
12-05-2001, 11:09 AM
Have any of you predicting a blowout ever seen Perryton. Probably not. Perryton will probably throw into the secondary after they suck you in and force you to cover the halfback screen pass that cannot be stopped. They have 5 plays that work and are unstoppable beacuse they execute it perfectly. I hope Everman overlooks Perryton because it will be a long frustrating day for Everman. No blowout, just Perryton by 9.

Matthew328
12-05-2001, 12:13 PM
OK we all know why you are picking Perryton and that is cuz they blew out Lamesa and as long as Perryton continues to win Lamesa doesn't look as bad...and as a matter of fact I have seen a lil film of Perryton and they are good but have you seen anything on Everman??? Everman may get sucked in on a halfback screen but they are so fast that they'll normally recover and stop the play and they won't beat Everman deep their guys can cover one on one with the best of em...Perryton lives off of big plays and I am gonna tell you Everman will not allow the big play..ask Forney...now if Perryton can drive 70 or 80 yards in 15-20 plays on a consistent basis then yeah they gotta shot...but if Forney couldn't do it consistently enough to win I doubt if Perryton can

[This message has been edited by Matthew328 (edited December 05, 2001).]

Rabbit93
12-05-2001, 01:54 PM
Everman by 18

rsjmann
12-06-2001, 11:19 AM
I HAVE PICKED PERRYTON OVER VERNON BECAUSE THEY BEAT LAMESA BUT NOW I AM CONVINCED THAT THE METROPLEX TEAMS DO NOT RESPECT THE WEST TEXAS TEAMS. PERRYTON DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES AND WILL MATCH THE SPEED OF EVERMAN. WE SAW GAME FILM ALSO ON PERRYTON AND WERE NOT IMPRESSED EITHER. THEY ARE MUCH QUICKER , BIGGER, AND DISCIPLINED IN REAL LIFE. YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT ME BEING BIASED BUT PERRYTON HAS PROVEN THEY CAN WIN THE GAMES THEY WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO IN THE PLAYOFFS. STILL GOING WITH PERRYTON ALL THE WAY.

Matthew328
12-06-2001, 02:05 PM
I am not gonna say Everman is gonna kill Perryton but there is one thing I know..Perryton will not match Everman's speed...if you think they can then you obviously have no idea what you are talking about...Everman has more speed top to bottom than most 5A schools much less 3A schools

Matthew328
12-06-2001, 02:17 PM
rsjmann me and Jacket have conferred and you get the award for "Most Outrageous Comment of the Year" for the comment that Perryton is gonna match Everman's speed... a close second was the guy saying Newton had that curse on them....Congratulations you earned it!

Jacket2000
12-06-2001, 02:23 PM
I tried to stay outta this, but it's impossible. Apparently,you havent seen or heard anything about Everman. So, lemmie give ya a crash course. Everman ran down DaBryan Blanton FROM BEHIND!!!!! That should be end of story. Im not saying that Everman will win this game, but the last thing Perryton wants to do is challenge'em to a track meet.
J2K

bleedgreen
12-06-2001, 06:44 PM
Pease read a few previous Fort Worth Star Telegram articles on Everman and then provide me with an educated guess. After reading the articles, you WILL be educated.

everman_guy
12-06-2001, 07:09 PM
Hey Matt and Jacket,

We all know those West Texas guys have no idea what team speed really is...LOL. Let's give him a break this time.

deliriousmaniac
12-06-2001, 09:30 PM
Take it easy on rsjmann, it isn't a crime to make a pick, but it might be to say they are faster than Everman. This is looking more and more like Abilene Wylie and Everman last year.

Matthew328
12-06-2001, 11:19 PM
I am not rippin rsjmann for picking Perryton..even though I disagree wiht him..but there is no basis behind him saying Perryton is faster than Everman..now last year Wylie was fast..not as fast as Everman but fast...and as for this year being like last year I am kinda worried about that...BUT I think Everman will be fired up and will remember the pain of the loss last year in the state semis

rsjmann
12-07-2001, 10:33 AM
I did not say that Perryton is faster than Everman. I said they will match their speed because they are well discplined and execute their offense and defense very well. I admit they spanked Lamesa and am pulling for them but after they beat Vernon I realized that Perryton is no fluke. Everman may be fast but all I am saying is that Perryton will be able to match up against them and have a chance to win. I do agree that Perryton messed up by not agreeing to play at a site halfway. I am prepared to take the ribbing if Everman beats Perryton but I do not want any crying if Perryton walks away with the win.

Matthew328
12-07-2001, 11:16 AM
OK...but trust me if Perryton wins I'll still be here...I gotta be here...I help run the site! LOL