PDA

View Full Version : STATE TRACK MEET

southern_thunder
05-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Jasper chokes relays looses meet by one point.
Congratulations Atlanta!!!!!

ricky_jasper
05-10-2003, 04:51 PM
i counted the score 66 to 69 atlanta winning but do u recieve 5 points if your team has high point man?

<small>[ May 10, 2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: ricky_jasper ]</small>

ricky_jasper
05-10-2003, 04:55 PM
the relays didnt do well at all, but by looking at the score before the last event it looked like they had it if they had a decent finish. there 4x400 time was 3:25.37 wich is 8 secs. or so slower then there regional time.something must have happened.

southern_thunder
05-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Jasper had to place fifth or better in the 4x4 and to win the meet they placed 6th. They had the second best time in the 4x2 but finished 4th. But none of the relays were the same as what ran at the regional meet.

Ladykat5
05-11-2003, 09:51 PM
The Kennedale Ladkats lost the state title to Celina by 5 points. That hurt a lot but runner-up is still very good. Everyones personal best was reached. I was especially proud of Jordan Durham because she ran a 55 quater and tied with some other girl but they gave Jordan secind I think because the other girl leaned. Hopefully Kennedale will come back strong again next year. Congrats to all the participants for making it this far.

exbccards76'smom
05-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Congrats to Micheal "the Moose" Gauthier for bringing home the silver in 100 meters. Can't hardly wait to see this young man on the football field this fall. wink

crzyjournalist03
05-12-2003, 09:01 AM
must have been weird not seeing Forney guys running this weekend.

j_dog
05-12-2003, 04:22 PM
ricky_jasper:
the relays didnt do well at all, but by looking at the score before the last event it looked like they had it if they had a decent finish. there 4x400 time was 3:25.37 wich is 8 secs. or so slower then there regional time.something must have happened.First of all, congratulations to Atlanta for not giving up even when it looked like Jasper had an overwhelming lead. What happened in the 4x400 was that the Jasper runner on the second leg fell and lost the baton. By the time that he picked himself and the baton up, the race, and the championship were effectively lost. By the way, Gatesville was disqualified in that race and I presume that it had something to do with the Jasper runner falling. However, it should never have come down to that. Jasper had chances in the first two relays to put Atlanta away and they had bad handoffs in both relays.

Congratulations still go to Jasper for winning gold in 4 individual events and this kept them in the race for the championship.

<small>[ May 12, 2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

Keith7
05-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Ladykat5:
The Kennedale Ladkats lost the state title to Celina by 5 points. That hurt a lot but runner-up is still very good. Everyones personal best was reached. I was especially proud of Jordan Durham because she ran a 55 quater and tied with some other girl but they gave Jordan secind I think because the other girl leaned. Hopefully Kennedale will come back strong again next year. Congrats to all the participants for making it this far.Celina girls didnt even win their district.. Gainesville did.. but went on to win state.. does that happen often?

rholl
05-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Its not track....but in football...neither 3A champ won their district!

jason
05-13-2003, 12:00 PM
...i guess we all knew keith would put in his two cents about gainesville.... :rolleyes:

Old Cardinal
05-13-2003, 04:02 PM
TRACK has a hard time, as you look around the state, many of the speedsters are playing Baseball, Softball, year round Select teams, etc: it appears that the true speed people are not all participating in track.

Ladykat5
05-13-2003, 05:07 PM
I didnt even think about Celina not winning their district. Thats crazy. In football Everman went on to win state when we won district there too. Thats a good thought.

Cowtown
05-13-2003, 07:24 PM
Congratulations to Celina's Ruth Camacho who won the 800-meters for the FOURTH straight year (the first three in 2A)! She signed with Texas A&M at Corpus Christi.

mason_2004
05-14-2003, 01:04 AM
Congratulations to the Cameron Lady Yoe 800 Meter Relay for winning state. The team consists of Chagoll Buhl, Shakira Harris, Nikki Lopez, and Tiffany Fields. :D :p

southern_thunder
05-14-2003, 08:30 AM
Old Cardinal:
TRACK has a hard time, as you look around the state, many of the speedsters are playing Baseball, Softball, year round Select teams, etc: it appears that the true speed people are not all participating in track.old card if this is happening it is because that speedster is lazy. Track workouts are much harder than baseball workouts. Or it could be that the kid is just not interested in track.

duckbutter
05-14-2003, 09:45 AM
Newton's Lady Eagles won state in 4X100 relay with a time of 47.87.

<small>[ May 14, 2003, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: duckbutter ]</small>

Old Cardinal
05-14-2003, 09:54 AM
Thunder: There are some excellent scholarships in Baseball and Softball and there are more of them than track scholarships. I don't consider it lazy to play other sports than track....It is kind of ironic that a lot of folks consider the sprints as the only real track endeavors...I was so proud of John Derr, from Orangefield, who did well in the pole vault, that takes a lot of practice and determination, not just natural talent. He will go to either the Air Force Academy or West Point....It is tragic that for some, Colleges are giving scholarships quicker to those that have proven academic accomplishments over those that struggle with learning in High School. Matt Peebles was highly sought as a running back by Rice University, because they don't give grades away to their athletes. I think that was also a determining factor as to why he has a scholarship to the U. of New Mexico-their policy is also not to give grades away to athletes.