PDA

View Full Version : My AC Drama

44INAROW
07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
For those that know about my AC Drama last night - 1st and foremost.. I have a great AC Guy - he called @ 7:10AM - said he'd be there (the house) today - he was THROUGH by 10:15.. Our unit is a little over 2 years old - never had an issue - works great - anyway - it was a Nodule or Module or something like that - he said he's had several go out on these newer units and it's a factory thing. He rigged it to work in the interim with a 3/4 horsepower motor.. I might have that all screwed up and frankly, as long as cold air is pumping, I don't care lol...... He will put the new part in when he get's in late tomorrow. WHEW... How in the world do people sleep without AC??

Ranger Mom
07-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
For those that know about my AC Drama last night - 1st and foremost.. I have a great AC Guy - he called @ 7:10AM - said he'd be there (the house) today - he was THROUGH by 10:15.. Our unit is a little over 2 years old - never had an issue - works great - anyway - it was a Nodule or Module or something like that - he said he's had several go out on these newer units and it's a factory thing. He rigged it to work in the interim with a 1.5 horsepower motor.. I might have that all screwed up and frankly, as long as cold air is pumping, I don't care lol...... He will put the new part in when he get's in late tomorrow. WHEW... How in the world do people sleep without AC??

YAY!!!

How did you make it last night????

44INAROW
07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
YAY!!!

How did you make it last night????
it was NOT FUN.. once I got settled down and relaxed (about 1:30 lol) it wasn't HORRIBLE - but getting dressed and putting on makeup SUCKED..

BullsFan
07-16-2010, 12:44 AM
My air conditioner went out last summer, and it was miserable. I had to sleep in the living room with a circulating fan blowing because my bedroom was too hot. I still need more insulation in there, but my new AC works so well it's not a critical issue. I am SO glad you got your problem worked out so quickly!

44INAROW
07-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
My air conditioner went out last summer, and it was miserable. I had to sleep in the living room with a circulating fan blowing because my bedroom was too hot. I still need more insulation in there, but my new AC works so well it's not a critical issue. I am SO glad you got your problem worked out so quickly!

PeeWee and I "slept' in the living room with several fans going. I think the humidity was what was so bad (and the 94º too lol) I slept like a baby last night :)

BullsFan
07-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
PeeWee and I "slept' in the living room with several fans going. I think the humidity was what was so bad (and the 94º too lol) I slept like a baby last night :)

UGH. I hate humidity! I'd take 110 of dry heat over 90 with humidity any day of the week!