PDA

View Full Version : lovejoy

West22
07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
LOVEJOY will be the dominate force in 3 A this year .They are the new South Lake Carroll and will continue there winning ways as they move up in classifaction.

zebrablue2
07-14-2010, 08:53 PM
On paper they truly look to be the REAL DEAL!! Good luck to them this season..

Charlie47
07-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by West22
LOVEJOY will be the dominate force in 3 A this year .They are the new South Lake Carroll and will continue there winning ways as they move up in classifaction.

Thanks guys! We like everybody, have to avoid the injuries!;) :D

sinfan75
07-14-2010, 09:50 PM
They got a ways to go to be Southlake Carroll.

fresh-j
07-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Southlake..not so much. They have a ways to go, but if y'all find some more Means in the program.. Watch out ;) but easier said that Done like always :D

Emerson1
07-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
They got a ways to go to be Southlake Carroll.
They have the $$$$ aspect accomplished.

West22
07-14-2010, 09:55 PM
They are following the same pattern Southlake did .I think that Celina will have diffeculity playing at their level of play ,however the good news for Celina and Prosper is that they will probably go to 4 a shortley.

LE Dad
07-14-2010, 09:59 PM
SLC??? Thats a bit strong. LL does have a good shot at SC this year, but will graduate a ton before their last 3A year. Then its off to deal with HP and Aledo in 4A.

Old Tiger
07-14-2010, 10:00 PM
all depends on the fronts on both side of the ball IMO

Ernest T Bass
07-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Lovejoy doesnt have alot of room for growth. May not get much bigger. That'll hurt their Southlake-esque status. Prosper, however, has just begun to grow, and has the same demographic mix that SLC had when they were at the top of 3a and preparing to jump to 4a.

sinfan75
07-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Okie dokie

LE Dad
07-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Lovejoy doesnt have alot of room for growth. May not get much bigger. That'll hurt their Southlake-esque status. Prosper, however, has just begun to grow, and has the same demographic mix that SLC had when they were at the top of 3a and preparing to jump to 4a. I think they turned in 946 and are projected to grow into a small 4A by next realignment. They have excellent staff and top notch schools so I am pretty sure they will at least maintain 4A #s. I don't know that they will ever make it to 5A.

Ernest T Bass
07-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Small to average sized 4a, more than likely.

Old&Crusty
07-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Love the optimism. After 5 or 6 state titles are on the books, LL may get a chance to hang in the SLC catagory. Best of luck to LL to do that.

I don't believe SLC won a title in 4A after moving up. It wasn't until they became 5A that they won state again.

Prosper is growing and their percentage of growth should put them over the top into 4A in a few years. If they hold on to their coaching crew, they should be 4A contenders. Celina on the other hand has a long way to go before becoming 4A. Celina's enrollment in 2000 was 300 and has only grown to about 570 kids in the last ten years. It would take another 400 kids or so to put them into 4A. There is very little growth here.

Best of luck to LL on building their legacy.

ronwx5x
07-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Prosper, however, has just begun to grow, and has the same demographic mix that SLC had when they were at the top of 3a and preparing to jump to 4a.

Same demographic mix? You must have been to a different SL and Prosper than I have.

Aesculus gilmus
07-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They have the $$$$ aspect accomplished.

Charlie47 once reprimanded me for pointing that out. It makes NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL how wealthy the Lovejovians (or whatever they are called) are.

nobogey72
07-15-2010, 08:49 AM
They've made the semi's 1 time and have the looks to do well this year, and we're comparing them to SLC????? Good luck with that. I remember telling some of their more arrogant (before the game started) fans good luck in the offseason after we kicked their booties in the semis. ;) :p :p

ronwx5x
07-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
They've made the semi's 1 time and have the looks to do well this year, and we're comparing them to SLC????? Good luck with that. I remember telling some of their more arrogant (before the game started) fans good luck in the offseason after we kicked their booties in the semis. ;) :p :p

31-27 is more like a tap on the booty. :D

LE Dad
07-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Charlie47 once reprimanded me for pointing that out. It makes NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL how wealthy the Lovejovians (or whatever they are called) are. n/m

nobogey72
07-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
31-27 is more like a tap on the booty. :D

OK, somewhere between an ass-whoopin and a nailbiter. Anyway, my point was that we ran into some LL fans in a restraunt before the game and although I know they probably weren't indicative of ALL LL fans, these particular fans pretty much were making travel plans for the finals and wondering why we even bothered to show up. So, it was enjoyable to say the least to run into those same fans after the game at a convenience store. I was very humble (NOT!!!!!):D

Ernest T Bass
07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Same demographic mix? You must have been to a different SL and Prosper than I have.

Read the entire post. Same demographic mix as SLC during their last few years in 3a. SL didn't look like it does now in the early 90's.

BleedOrange
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by West22
They are following the same pattern Southlake did .I think that Celina will have diffeculity playing at their level of play ,however the good news for Celina and Prosper is that they will probably go to 4 a shortley.

I haven't heard anyone around Celina worry at all about the classification of Lovejoy or Prosper. The boys look forward to the possible opportunity to play Lovejoy in the playoffs. The role of underdog will likely provide some additional motivation.

garciap77
07-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Thanks guys! We like everybody, have to avoid the injuries!;) :D

Charlie, hope to see you at the AW vs LL game! Any good places to eat out there?

Charlie47
07-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Charlie, hope to see you at the AW vs LL game! Any good places to eat out there?

Hi Garcia77,
There are an awful lot of good food places to eat. When the time gets here, tell me what you like, I'll get you to the front door. Our stadium is just 3 miles from US 75,(Central Expressway). Great food all over the place.

What's really surprising to me is that last year, no body knew anything about us. I would really enjoy meeting you and several others this year.
My health seems to be improving, I'm hope to be able to travel to more of the out of town games.

The new school building has been enlarged by almost a 1/3, there is a
lot of land to grow. The community also has a lot of room to grow. We
will do quite well, depending on the economy. Allen is the town with very limited space. Lucus, Fairview have a lot of space. This is a place lot of people will want to visit for games, with almost 3mil sq ft of new shopping,
including a new Cabelas. Easily over a 100 new restaurants. We really like
and are proud of our school and area. Without a doubt, the best place I've ever lived. So I hope all you folks will look forward to coming to our little
community.:clap: :D ;)

garciap77
07-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi Garcia77,
There are an awful lot of good food places to eat. When the time gets here, tell me what you like, I'll get you to the front door. Our stadium is just 3 miles from US 75,(Central Expressway). Great food all over the place.

What's really surprising to me is that last year, no body knew anything about us. I would really enjoy meeting you and several others this year.
My health seems to be improving, I'm hope to be able to travel to more of the out of town games.

The new school building has been enlarged by almost a 1/3, there is a
lot of land to grow. The community also has a lot of room to grow. We
will do quite well, depending on the economy. Allen is the town with very limited space. Lucus, Fairview have a lot of space. This is a place lot of people will want to visit for games, with almost 3mil sq ft of new shopping,
including a new Cabelas. Easily over a 100 new restaurants. We really like
and are proud of our school and area. Without a doubt, the best place I've ever lived. So I hope all you folks will look forward to coming to our little
community.:clap: :D ;)

Great! I'm looking forward to meeting you! I will pm you as it gets closer to the game. Thanks!

Charlie47
07-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Charlie47 once reprimanded me for pointing that out. It makes NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL how wealthy the Lovejovians (or whatever they are called) are.

You're a good guy, worthy of a white hat!;)

Twirling Time
07-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Old&Crusty
Love the optimism. After 5 or 6 state titles are on the books, LL may get a chance to hang in the SLC catagory. Best of luck to LL to do that.

I don't believe SLC won a title in 4A after moving up. It wasn't until they became 5A that they won state again.

Prosper is growing and their percentage of growth should put them over the top into 4A in a few years. If they hold on to their coaching crew, they should be 4A contenders. Celina on the other hand has a long way to go before becoming 4A. Celina's enrollment in 2000 was 300 and has only grown to about 570 kids in the last ten years. It would take another 400 kids or so to put them into 4A. There is very little growth here.

Best of luck to LL on building their legacy.

Prosper should go 4A in the next realignment, as should Lovejoy. Whether Prosper contends depends on whom they're aligned with. My early guess for 2012: The six Frisco schools (after Lone Star goes 4A), and Denton High (after Ryan and Guyer go 5A). Prosper might haul off and win that league.

I've said all along Prosper will go 5A long before Celina goes 4A. Prosper is the next link on the growth chain. But an almost-doubling of enrollment in 10 years by Celina is hardly "very little growth." It's been a rate of growth that is pretty predictable in how steady it's been. Almost 15% across the board every two years.

But sure, Celina will be 3A for a while. Celina won't start blowing up until a) Prosper fills up or b) they build the tollway out there.

Twirling Time
07-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Scratch Denton High and stick Little Elm in. Forgot that.

marler1972
07-18-2010, 02:08 AM
celina pop 5100 prosper 9100....

buckeyebob
07-18-2010, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72

No "we're" not comparing them...Homie...SLC they are not .

LH Panther Mom
07-18-2010, 05:43 AM

My health seems to be improving,
:2thumbsup Good news!

wimbo_pro
07-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Can someone tell me the history of Lovejoy's championships? I must have missed something over the last 4 or 5 years...I dont recall them being all that dominant.

gatordaze
07-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Can someone tell me the history of Lovejoy's championships? I must have missed something over the last 4 or 5 years...I dont recall them being all that dominant.

Yes they have won 2-3 state championships in a row.....in volleyball

wimbo_pro
07-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Yes they have won 2-3 state championships in a row.....in volleyball

I think its 2 in a row in VB, nor sure. So, back to the topic of comparing them to SLC. What in their football history would lend evidence for this comparison?

orange machine
07-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I think its 2 in a row in VB, nor sure. So, back to the topic of comparing them to SLC. What in their football history would lend evidence for this comparison?

There is no evidence 0, nadda, none.

Charlie47
07-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
There is no evidence 0, nadda, none.

Hey OM, I don't know what your trying to get stirred up, but Lovejoy has done quite well in ALL sports! This school is only 2 years old!:mad: ;)

ccmom
07-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Hey OM, I don't know what your trying to get stirred up, but Lovejoy has done quite well in ALL sports! This school is only 2 years old!:mad: ;) Lighten up, Chuck! ;)

Charlie47
07-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Lighten up, Chuck! ;)

That's Charlie47! Your input was requested, how?;)

ccmom
07-18-2010, 09:51 PM
That's Charlie47! Your input was requested, how?;) Luckily for you and everyone else, I offer my words of wisdom freely and without request or invitation. I'm just sweet like that!:cool:

Charlie47
07-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Luckily for you and everyone else, I offer my words of wisdom freely and without request or invitation. I'm just sweet like that!:cool:

Aw gee, sweetness I can't wait!;) :rolleyes:

gatordaze
07-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Hey OM, I don't know what your trying to get stirred up, but Lovejoy has done quite well in ALL sports! This school is only 2 years old!:mad: ;)

Lovejoy is just like the rest of the 3A passer through s and will be forgotten by the downlow once they move on through 3A. Frisco Wakeland and their FSU bound QB were suppose to roll through 3A in 2008 and mustered a whopping 25 yards in total O when they brought their undefeated team to town.

Lovejoy is a product of an over populated Allen HS and picked up a few big boys that were not going to see the field at Allen and wanted to play before they graduated.

Seems that they are whistling past the graveyard when they downplay what they lost to graduation and talk of their 16 returnees. If 16 return, then 14 of these 20 Seniors rode the bench including a lot of beef.

Seniors skill players lost...

3 Britt Carmichael WR, DB Sr. 5-9 145
4 Austin Bailey RB, DB Sr. 5-6 145
12 Josh Strickland WR, DB Sr. 6-1 180
17 Nate Krumrei TE, DE Sr. 6-0 205
18 Cody Stevens WR, DB Sr. 5-6 150
28 Zac Lewis OLB, TE Sr. 5-10 185
30 Dalton McFarling WR, DB Sr. 5-10 150
34 Sam Hughey RB, LB Sr. 5-10 165
47 Connor McCaslin TE, DE Sr. 6-3 210

11 Senior O-Lineman lost...

9 Conner Smith OL, LB Sr. 5-10 180
42 David Tuck OL, DE Sr. 6-2 180
54 Steele Downing OL, DL Sr. 6-3 240
61 Armon Habibi OL, DL Sr. 6-0 265
63 Chris Cunningham OL, DL Sr. 6-1 215
66 Patrick Thompson OL, DL Sr. 5-11 235
72 Matt Berryman OL, DL Sr. 6-2 285
74 Tim Esfandiari OL, DL Sr. 6-2 270
77 Drew Carson OL, DL Sr. 6-3 290
78 Jeremy Russell OL, DL Sr. 6-3 295
79 Chris Rivas OL, DL Sr. 6-2 255

4 O-Lineman returning...

50 Chrystian Molina OL, DL Jr. 5-11 235
56 Nate O'Connor OL, DL So. 6-2 250
75 Seth Tweedie OL, DL Jr. 6-3 270
76 Dylan Bain OL, DL So. 6-0 265

4 of 5 Senior O-Lineman made the all-district team so they definitely lost their line

OT, Drew Carson, 6'4, 285, Sr
OT, Payton Adams, 6'2, 245, Sr
OG, Matt Berryman, 6'3, 285, Sr
C, Armon Habibi, 6'1, 265, Sr

wimbo_pro
07-18-2010, 10:56 PM
So...this thread was all just really a homer claim? I guess I took it too seriously. sorry guys...I missed the tongue-in-cheek.

orange machine
07-19-2010, 01:16 AM

I'm not trying to get anything stirred up it was asked what LL has done and if we are talking about football which I suspect we are then y'all have done nothing other than win a few playoff games. Making it to the semis is something to be proud of, but I think some LL fans are putting the cart before the horses.

Spread It Out
07-19-2010, 04:07 AM
LL fans are putting the cart before the horses.

And you get the award for worst analogy ever.

Old&Crusty
07-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Prosper should go 4A in the next realignment, as should Lovejoy. Whether Prosper contends depends on whom they're aligned with. My early guess for 2012: The six Frisco schools (after Lone Star goes 4A), and Denton High (after Ryan and Guyer go 5A). Prosper might haul off and win that league.

I've said all along Prosper will go 5A long before Celina goes 4A. Prosper is the next link on the growth chain. But an almost-doubling of enrollment in 10 years by Celina is hardly "very little growth." It's been a rate of growth that is pretty predictable in how steady it's been. Almost 15% across the board every two years.

But sure, Celina will be 3A for a while. Celina won't start blowing up until a) Prosper fills up or b) they build the tollway out there.

I was told by a former mayor that there were no new housing building permits issued last year. That's what I meant by very little growth. I don't know the exact numbers, but I've seen no new homes going up in our area.

Farmersfan
07-19-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm not trying to get anything stirred up it was asked what LL has done and if we are talking about football which I suspect we are then y'all have done nothing other than win a few playoff games. Making it to the semis is something to be proud of, but I think some LL fans are putting the cart before the horses.

I have been saying basically the same thing for months now. Although Lovejoy was handed a HUGE advantage in 3A by the UIL and should be successful they should actually win a district title before we annoint them the next SLC..................
With M. Means and some of the skill position players they will likely be good! How good? Only time will tell. This will be the FIRST time in school history that they will have to replace starters because of graduation. A team full of 3 year starters had a good season last year but let's not jump the gun!