PDA

View Full Version : Will Mike Leach Coach a Major Program this Season?

JJWalker
07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
http://www.maizenbrew.com/2010/7/14/1569603/vanderbilt-head-coach-bobby

Let the rumors commence!!! Again!!! ;)

zebrablue2
07-14-2010, 05:28 PM
No! Gonna have to get some things settled 1st. Maybe a few yrs down the road though??

kaorder1999
07-14-2010, 05:32 PM
he will not take a job this late in the summer...no way

Ernest T Bass
07-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Gonna be more to the Johnson story than this. NCAA coaches dont retire in July.
Id expect Leach back in it next year.

Old Tiger
07-14-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't think Leach will ever be a head coach at a major division 1 university again.

Maroon87
07-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Vandy would be a good place to start, though. Low expectations there, lower even than Tech had when he was hired. He would create a lot of buzz, sell a lot of tickets, and all he'd really need to do is get to a bowl game (any bowl game) and maybe beat Tennessee or one of the big SEC heavies to get back on the hot list.

Of course, Vandy might not want to deal with all the ruckus his hiring would cause.:thinking:

Ernest T Bass
07-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I don't think Leach will ever be a head coach at a major division 1 university again.

Bobby Knight and Lane Kiffin keep getting jobs, so will Leach.

Old Tiger
07-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Bobby Knight and Lane Kiffin keep getting jobs, so will Leach. Lane Kiffin must have pictures of powerful people in the world doing bad things and Bobby Knight is a hell of a coach.

Ernest T Bass
07-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Bobby Knight is a hell of a coach.

So is Leach. Have you forgotten what a joke Tech football was when he took over? Love or hate him, he took Tech from the bottom of the Big 12 to a national contender. Plus, he brings in recruits and puts butts in seats. Someone will pick him up, but it probably won't be until next year.

Old Tiger
07-14-2010, 10:09 PM
So is Leach. Have you forgotten what a joke Tech football was when he took over? Love or hate him, he took Tech from the bottom of the Big 12 to a national contender. Plus, he brings in recruits and puts butts in seats. Someone will pick him up, but it probably won't be until next year. He's a hell of an offensive coach....not a complete coach IMO. National contender...I don't think so.

Ernest T Bass
07-14-2010, 10:15 PM
He's a hell of an offensive coach....not a complete coach IMO. National contender...I don't think so.

College coaches only coach one side of the ball. Most head coaches dont coach at all. Hell, most high school coaches only coach one side of the ball, especially 3a and above.
I call being nationally ranked a national contender. That became normal for Tech under Leach. For the 10 years prior, it was an abnormality.

LE Dad
07-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Bad fit for school and coach, but Leach will be back.:cool:

LionKing
07-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Bobby Knight and Lane Kiffin keep getting jobs, so will Leach. I believe Leach will get a job again somewhere, but unlike Knight and Kiffin, Leach hasn't figured out how to get along with the people who hire him, that's very, very, very important if you're gonna be and stay a D1 football coach.

OLE'BULL
07-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
I believe Leach will get a job again somewhere, but unlike Knight and Kiffin, Leach hasn't figured out how to get along with the people who hire him, that's very, very, very important if you're gonna be and stay a D1 football coach.

+1

buff4ever
07-15-2010, 08:36 AM

Never say never, someone MIGHT give him a chance if they are desparate.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Not this season. I think Okie State has a lot of pressure this year though, and if Gundy does anything less than exceptional, he goes out and Leach goes in. Just my op.

DDBooger
07-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Not this season. I think Okie State has a lot of pressure this year though, and if Gundy does anything less than exceptional, he goes out and Leach goes in. Just my op. That's where I'll be! :cool:

The fun and gun would be fun to watch.

Aesculus gilmus
07-15-2010, 02:14 PM
For all the people dissing Leach for lack of protocol or whatever, I don't think he earned a reprimand from the Big 12 Commish within a few months of being hired as Tuberville just did.

Eagle 1
07-16-2010, 07:54 AM
I believe Leach will get a job again somewhere, but unlike Knight and Kiffin, Leach hasn't figured out how to get along with the people who hire him, that's very, very, very important if you're gonna be and stay a D1 football coach.
YOu talk like you have met the man.

westcoast54
07-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I thinnk Leach will get a sometime in the winter. Wouldn't be surprised to see him somewhere in the Pac-12. Don't see him going to Vandy. They don't even have an athletic department. I don't remember what they called it the other day but it's not considered an athletic department.

Txbroadcaster
07-16-2010, 10:19 PM

Knight did not know how to get along with school..he just won so much you could not remove him until it got to the point it was to bad to ignore.

The fans in IU did not love the man, but the banners he won